Kodi Community Forum
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? (/showthread.php?tid=14476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- gamerzhaven81 - 2007-10-27

If there is a sort-order field, is it some kind of numeric only field? Or is it a text field that I can put in the title the way I want it sorted?

If it's a text field, that would work for me, I would have to go through my 400+ movies and put them in the right order, which I have no problem with...but like RockDawg, I need to know which field it is in the DB, and also if it's not available for movies, can it be added for them in a future release?

Thanks!

- gamerzhaven81 - 2007-11-01

Is there anywhere that has a "map" of what the fields in the databases are? They're just labeled C1 C2, etc...and I can't find on the wiki anywhere of what they're supposed to be for.

- billyad2000 - 2007-11-11

Would Love the ability to move movies up and down the order.

Not sure what all the fields ar for in the db but some are blank as has been mentioned but there doesnt seem to be any numerical record field.
If there was it would be easy enough to move individual records up and down the db

- gamerzhaven81 - 2007-11-29

I'm still trying to figure out what each field is for, and if there isn't a sortorder try to add one...so far I haven't come up with much in the actual code. Anyone else with input?

- RockDawg - 2007-11-29

I have tried entering an alternate movie name in every blank field in that table and I don't think any of them are some type of "sort order" since it never affected my sort order in XBMC.

- RockDawg - 2007-11-29

I went back and searched for a couple old posts I made about this topic awhile bcak and I found this interesting reply that I had completely foprgotten about:

This was posted over a year ago by kraqh3d (a dev who unfortunately hasn't been around since Feb.)

Quote:rockdawg,
this is a little different thing but yes this has brought up before, and it it will be added to the video database. there are some other changes to the video database coming soon so i want to bundle them all together. the "sortname" will be a hidden column in the database that advanced users will be able to take advantage of.

Can any mod/dev comment on whether oir not this ever made it in?

Yeah see that would be perfect right there...any word from devs on this?

- jmarshall - 2007-11-29

It's not there. A patch would be welcome.

- RockDawg - 2007-11-29

jmarshall Wrote:A patch would be welcome.

I've always taken that trademark phrase to mean that none of the devs are willing to consider implementing said feature. Not just right now, but for the forseeable future. If that is an accurate assessment, can I ask why in reagrds to this feature?

I'll be happy to patch it in if someone can point me in the right direction...I've searched through tons of code and so far I managed to find the sorting routines, but not the portion of code that passes the database fields to that function to be sorted.

- sho - 2007-11-29

RockDawg Wrote:If that is an accurate assessment, can I ask why in reagrds to this feature?
Most likely because there is no one currently maintaining the Video Library.

- jmarshall - 2007-11-30

Why "a patch would be welcome" is: Because I don't have time to devote to it.

What you'd need to do is:

1. Add the field to the VideoInfoTag.

2. Add the field to the database (VideoDatabase.h - you have to add to an enum, and to the offsets section - hopefully there's enough unused columns for this.

3. Adjust the sorting routines in SortFileItem to sort by the sort field you added (if it exists) rather than the title.

Once you've taken a look at that, just ask if you need more info.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- gamerzhaven81 - 2007-11-30

Will do, I'm just getting my dev laptop back up and re-installed visual studio last night, now I need to find the XDK on one of my hard drives somewhere then I'll start messing with it this weekend and see what I can do.

- jmarshall - 2007-11-30

You can just use the win32 dev environment if you don't want to bother with the XDK - you just need the DirectX SDK.

tools/Win32/XBMC_PC.sln.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- gamerzhaven81 - 2007-12-01

Cool, I'm leaving work in a few, I'll post a patch if I can this weekend...