Kodi Community Forum
Release CU LRC Lyrics - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: Release CU LRC Lyrics (/showthread.php?tid=147340)

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - hvanleeuwen - 2014-05-18

thanks, all I needed to know

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - wyrm - 2014-05-18

Hi Ronie,

Just had a bug reported for my skin that involves this script. Even when the path to the script is set to None in my skin settings the script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml file that I have included in my skin is still displayed (this problem also can be seen in your own skin, so not a skin problem as such). Even when I include a <visible> tag checking if the skin setting is Empty, this window is still displayed.

My user reported that this was occurring on a Raspberry Pi, but it also occurs on my Win7 dev system running Gotham 13.0. I have tried also disabling the script thru its addon info screen, but another skin in my system has included it as a requirement, so XBMC won't let me do that.

Could you please take a look at your script and see what is going on from your end?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - wyrm - 2014-05-20

Just a gentle bump on the can't turn off Lyrics overlay from within a skin problem.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - ronie - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-18, 16:43)wyrm Wrote: Hi Ronie,

Just had a bug reported for my skin that involves this script. Even when the path to the script is set to None in my skin settings the script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml file that I have included in my skin is still displayed (this problem also can be seen in your own skin, so not a skin problem as such). Even when I include a <visible> tag checking if the skin setting is Empty, this window is still displayed.

My user reported that this was occurring on a Raspberry Pi, but it also occurs on my Win7 dev system running Gotham 13.0. I have tried also disabling the script thru its addon info screen, but another skin in my system has included it as a requirement, so XBMC won't let me do that.

Could you please take a look at your script and see what is going on from your end?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

the addon now runs as a service.
it will auto pop-up when needed (user switches to fullscreen and lyrics are available for the current song)
and will also auto-hide (users exits fullscreen or no lyrics are found for the current song).

users can disable this behaviour in the addon settings: Options > Run as service
that will get them the old way back, where the script gets run by the button on the osd in the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - wyrm - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 01:17)ronie Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 16:43)wyrm Wrote: Hi Ronie,

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

the addon now runs as a service.
it will auto pop-up when needed (user switches to fullscreen and lyrics are available for the current song)
and will also auto-hide (users exits fullscreen or no lyrics are found for the current song).

users can disable this behaviour in the addon settings: Options > Run as service
that will get them the old way back, where the script gets run by the button on the osd in the skin.
Ronie,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are correct (but for some reason it took a couple of tries to get that setting to stick, thus the post). Also it seems kind of counter intuitive to the user that in the skin you and I ask the user for the lyrics script to use and then when the user asks for no lyrics script your service will still run anyway.

I have now managed to hide this dialog with an appropriate <visible> tag, but is there something I can do within my skin to turn off this service if a user has indicated that they don't want any lyrics script?

Ta mate
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - ronie - 2014-05-22

this seems the most logic way to proceed in my opinion:
- remove the option to select a lyrics script in the skin (there's not much to select anyway since we only have one lyrics addon)
- hardcode the lyrics button on the osd to run cu lrc lyrics
- hide this button if the addon is not installed

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - wyrm - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-22, 18:24)ronie Wrote: this seems the most logic way to proceed in my opinion:
- remove the option to select a lyrics script in the skin (there's not much to select anyway since we only have one lyrics addon)
- hardcode the lyrics button on the osd to run cu lrc lyrics
- hide this button if the addon is not installed
Ronie,

I think you misunderstand what the issue is. Basically the problem is that you have changed the script to a service and the lyrics window shows even if the user had previously said they did not want any lyrics showing. You have to go into the scripts settings and turn off the "run as a service" button and then restart XBMC. Also too bad if the user did not even realise that there is a lyrics script autoloaded by another skin they once looked at, all they see is that song lyrics are now appearing where once they just saw the music visualisation screen.

Or to put it another way:

You brought a shiny new toaster that makes really good toast. Unknown to you the toaster maker pushes a updated firmware to your toaster that now autotoasts (you just have to walk past the toaster and it will make toast for you). Great toast and I don't have to even push a button, but if you don't want toast you can't push a button on the toaster to turn this off, you have to call the manufacturer to flip a setting. Whats more, you did not even realise that you had a toaster, so every time you walk past a certain point in your kitchen this bloody toast appears. Not really user friendly unless that's exactly what you want.

In short, I love your toast but as a house builder I don't want to have to keep explaining to my clients why their kitchens are filling up with toast Rofl.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - robwebset - 2014-05-26

Hi All,

I have to say, this addon caught my eye. The issue is, I'm having a little bit of trouble finding much information about it. The Wiki is a little sparse:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:CU_LRC_Lyrics

I was hoping to be able to use it a little bit like Artist Slideshow, and embed it into my Sonos addon.

Is it able to do this - or is it supported only for the built in player in XBMC?

Thanks

Rob

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - ronie - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-26, 09:53)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

I have to say, this addon caught my eye. The issue is, I'm having a little bit of trouble finding much information about it. The Wiki is a little sparse:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:CU_LRC_Lyrics

I was hoping to be able to use it a little bit like Artist Slideshow, and embed it into my Sonos addon.

Is it able to do this - or is it supported only for the built in player in XBMC?

Thanks

Rob

the README file included with the addon has some more info.

basically, the addon exposes the lyrics through a window property,
that could be used by other addons.

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - robwebset - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-26, 17:36)ronie Wrote: the README file included with the addon has some more info.

basically, the addon exposes the lyrics through a window property,
that could be used by other addons.

Thanks Ronie,

How would I tell the addon which lyrics to search for? As for the Sonos addon, the track being played is on a remote system (It's not being played by the XBMC player) - is there a property I can set or something in order to give the artist and track etc?

Thanks

Rob

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - curtis-r - 2014-06-04

If I have this script NOT running as a service, should it close when I leave the Music Visualization screen? Recently I've noticed a few times that either the lrc lyrics aren't scrolling, or not showing at all. When I re-enter the visualization it says the script is already running. BTW, if I close XBMC & reopen it, things work perfect again, but I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require this.

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - macardi - 2014-06-07

Is it possible to run the script without being in fullscreen? I prefers to show it as an overlay on the current window.

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - woodside - 2014-06-10

TTPlayer scraper is always returning lrc files with the content...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result errmsg="Search ID or Code error!" errcode="32006"></result>

This results in a blank lyrics window for most lyrics it presents and I have to go to the lyrics folder and delete the file and disable TTPlayer because it will always keep showing a blank lyrics window because it keeps returning the same lrc file with the error. None of the other scrapers do this...any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - htpcero - 2014-06-11

This is a nice plugin and I use it all the time. Running as a service is a great improvement.

I found a major issue with handling song lyrics with accented characters (portuguese) and I am not sure where to report it.

The add on consistently crashes when the song loads and will not start working again until I restart XBMC. This is with XBMC running on Linux.

Full error stack here: http://pastebin.com/q8c6SqSX
Excerpt below.

This is with the following song:

Band: Legião Urbana
Song: Geração Coca-cola

The song is in a single-file Flac album (+cuesheet) and doesn't have embedded lyrics.

The add-on has all the default settings and the lyrics is being downloaded by one of the scrapers.

Hoping this is the right place to report this.

20:06:44 T:139848808969984 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 10: invalid continuation byte
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/default.py", line 40, in <module>
culrc_run('service')

RE: [RELEASE] CU LRC Lyrics - merge cu and lrc lyrics scripts - nush - 2014-06-14

hi, hoping for some help to get this running, im running gotham 13.1-rc1, cu lrc 2.0.9, and the skin is transparency-xunity mod (gotham) whenever i try to use the plugin i get the message "error script failed : CU LRC Lyrics", i think it maybe a skin issue but would appreciate any help with this, thanks