Kodi Community Forum
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] (/showthread.php?tid=148646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - User 155274 - 2013-01-29

Just tested r12637 and I have the same aspect ratio problem as with other versions.
Just to be clear: when I press Z on the keyboard to cycle through the display options the aspect ratio corrects itself.
Do you have this also?
Also it is not with all channels constantly, some channels are more difficult than others it appears, although they have the same resolution.
If I stop the stream and restart the aspect ratio is usually correct.
Sometimes it displays as full vertical height 4:3, although they are all 16:9 streams, and sometimes I have 4 black borders around the image which also appears to be zoomed in, so not 100% visible.
I have no idea where the problem lies.
I also tried nightlies from raspbmc but they broke the stream totally, indeed a black screen.
It's not great but i'm going to map the Z key to my remote so i will have to press it 5 times or so when it displays wrong.

Edit: Also I tried the tvheadend server on another linux machine and it was not the problem.
When I open the streams with XBMC RC3 on my Linux pc I do not have the aspect ratio problems.

Edit2: I also just discovered that if you use the backward\slash key it switches between pal/ntsc I think and I only have to press it twice to correct the aspect ratio.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - Jeilong - 2013-01-30

I can also confirm that r12637 plays some streams, stopping and starting has the best success rate. The aspect ratio issue also applies here. The Tvheadend PVR add-on version is 1.1.0.

I have also tested XBMC 12.0 final (available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?10456ccz13ard). This build comes with a more recent version of the Tvheadend PVR add-on (v1.6.18) but only gives black screens with occassional flash of the picture if you stop the stream.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - funkhouser - 2013-01-30

Using 2.99.2 (OpenELEC 3.0 RC2) on 256MB Pi medium overclocked streaming from HTS Tvheadend 3.2.18~g40a8920~precise.

I'm able to watch TV by restarting Tvheadend (on the Pi) after boot (by changing settings). Aspect ratio problem remains. Unable to change channels.

After watching one channel, stop, change settings again to restart Tvheadend, can once again view a channel.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Audio doesn't sync, requires -150ms/-175ms change.

Only Mpeg2 channels seem to work. HD crashes the Pi.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - slunkie - 2013-01-30

I have the same problem as everyone else:
Latest TVHeadend server on separate machine via gigabit router.
Raspberry Pi 256mb tested with latest versions of Openelec, Xbian & Raspbmc.
VC1 and MPEG2 codecs are enabled.
All have the same problem - black screen when selecting a TV channel. Sometimes subs and audio work, sometimes not.

The TVheadend server works beautifully with other NON raspberry pi xmbc clients on my network.

Re: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - madpanter - 2013-01-30

Lets hope that the bug will be soon located and fixed.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - hakensline - 2013-01-30

I have the same issue on rapsxbmc with xvdr client. vnsi work with sd channel but crash my server whenn i try to play hd channels.

In rapsxbmc with xvdr the hd channels work but no sd ( i have the mp2 license)
In rapsxbmc with vnsi the sd channels work but no hd (crash of my server)

:-(

I have the last rpi firmware :-(

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - stream78m - 2013-01-31

Hi All,

I too see the same issue. I am a little concerned at how this one is going to be fixed. Is anyone owning this issue? It seems it could be either XBMC, OMXPlayer, or the Rasberry Pi

I get some success on certain content but when channel surfing it more than likely will display black screen for 90% of channels. I'd be happy to donate some cash to get this bug fixed as its currently stopping me from ditching my paytv subscription Smile

If there are more logs required I am happy to get these to speed up the resolution.

Thanks.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - stream78m - 2013-01-31

Just an update for those having issues with the aspect ratio. Can you try the following:

edit the settings.xml file in

.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts

Change the following line

<setting id="resolution" value="480" />

To the desired setting i have tested both 720 and 1080 with success.

<setting id="resolution" value="1080" />

I am not 100% why this works, but if that setting really is enforcing 480i it is possible that it will default to 4:3. In order to use 720 or 1080 it defaults to 16:9 ..

I would be interested to hear feedback on if you see a quality difference when you have this setting set.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - User 155274 - 2013-01-31

Already tried that, didn't work for me.
Don't know what that setting does.
If i press Z or backslash the aspect ratio corrects anyway.

The big problem is the black screen, no playback, in the latest builds.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - stetto - 2013-01-31

I installed the freshly new RASPBMC release to a new SD card and LiveTV via TVHeadend works fine so far. Finally! :-)

By default, XBMC showed every stream in 4:3-ratio, but I've set 16:9 as default for every stream, restarted the stream and it worked fine.
I can't report any errors so far. Yay!

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - User 155274 - 2013-01-31

Can I ask you how you installed the release version?
It's not yet released right?

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - rbej - 2013-01-31

Please try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140518&pid=1318711#pid1318711

with new Live TV patch.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - Jeilong - 2013-01-31

Latest Raspbmc has Tvheadend 1.6.6 PVR add-on. Only works with SD (MPEG2) streams and has aspect ratio issues. HD isn't working at all with this build. Furthermore, once you switch to an HD channel, the channel up and down keys no longer function.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - User 155274 - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-31, 20:12)rbej Wrote: Please try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140518&pid=1318711#pid1318711

with new Live TV patch.

Nope, doesn't work for me, still have the blackscreen.
Only RC2 works that is being used by raspbmc.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - stetto - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-31, 22:56)Jeilong Wrote: Latest Raspbmc has Tvheadend 1.6.6 PVR add-on. Only works with SD (MPEG2) streams and has aspect ratio issues. HD isn't working at all with this build. Furthermore, once you switch to an HD channel, the channel up and down keys no longer function.

That's seriously weird. I've got to withdraw my statement about "missing" errors. I was quite enthusiastic and just zapped through my HD channels. There are still quite a few issues with the current Raspbmc/TVheadend.

But my current RASPBMC version with Tvheadend 1.6.6 works just the other way around than yours: HD streams work fine after adjusting the ratio, while SD streams still show the same old issues. (black screen only sound)

Other various bugs:
- sometimes even HD streams don't load, but usually reloading fixes this
- sometimes subtitles turn themselves on while starting the stream and can't be turned off
- opening any menues can cause audio and video to desync, because it sometimes lets the visual stream slow down, while the sound continues at the correct speed. If you close the menu, the video "catches up".