Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-01-29

Yeah, i have a few bugs that i would have hoped have been fixed.

Airplay not working 100% sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

iphone remote app can't find xbmc

Aspect Ratio always needs changing.

Weather won't save

........ and thought it might hide the bottom bar without the need for other apps ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - pippo_piggy - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-25, 22:42)pippo_piggy Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 20:43)srle Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 19:05)pippo_piggy Wrote: I wiped the data and flashed the firmware last night, no luck still. All my video is on cifs mount.

Are you sure that the upgrade was succesful? go to settings about media box and check the build number

Checked the build numbers, and all show correctly...
It sounds like network issue. I tried to open cifs mounted mkv+DTS video on stock videoPlayer. The android box lost network(ethernet) connection after 20-30 mins, and videoPlayer got hung. I have to switch off/on ethernet to make the network back on.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-01-29

the firmware for the MX seems to be doing that from day one, ie, lost network(ethernet) connection after 20-30 mins.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 21:35)theINSKIP Wrote: Yeah, i have a few bugs that i would have hoped have been fixed.

Airplay not working 100% sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

iphone remote app can't find xbmc

Aspect Ratio always needs changing.

Weather won't save

........ and thought it might hide the bottom bar without the need for other apps ?

i just uninstalled the pivos xbmc and did a frsh instal of the official xbmc for android. its much worse than the pivos one.

i tried streaming a couple 720p movies from a local smb share on my pc and its dropping ten frames a second so its all jumpy. i'm going back to the pivos version Big Grin

by the way how do you change the aspect ratio?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - pippo_piggy - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 21:39)davilla Wrote: the firmware for the MX seems to be doing that from day one, ie, lost network(ethernet) connection after 20-30 mins.

Beside 0115 firmware, is there any other version is recommended for mkv+DTS via cifs?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - stardust - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 02:11)pippo_piggy Wrote: Beside 0115 firmware, is there any other version is recommended for mkv+DTS via cifs?

In fact cifs does not work properly on my box with 0115 firmware. Any movie I tried to view via XBMC did not play with error message.
Does anybody run videos from CIFS share source on ATV1200?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-30

I finally fixed the aspect ratio problem where circles are vertically stretched into ovals.

info in case anyone is reading this and wants to know how to fix it: i found 3 different solutions/approaches by reading through this thread from start to finish, and i don't think any of them work on their own. I had to use all three.

By the way I'd give this box a massive thumbs up, it works out the box (after it upgrades its own firmware). then you just have to install the pivos xbmc app on it and its working. only pain for non-techies is the aspect ratio issue but i'm sure a technically minded mate could fix it for you by reading though this thread and doing the three solutions.

all apps working, wifi strong, xbmc crashes but never during video playback, nly during app installs and even then only about once per 5 hours and it opens up again straight away by just clicking no the xbmc app.

i'm setting this up for a mate but very tempted to get on for myself to replace my windowsxp htpc.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-01-30

Looks like there is a new build of the PIVOS XBMC:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2555

Anyone tried this on the ATV1200 yet ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bluepeter - 2013-01-30

Don't you think that's a tad cryptic thebearnecessit 'the three solutions' I'm sure you could list those for the less able?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 21:46)bluepeter Wrote: Don't you think that's a tad cryptic thebearnecessit 'the three solutions' I'm sure you could list those for the less able?

yeah i suppose i could. i has two 1 year olds running around my feet and the thought of trawling through the whole thread again to copy and paste the two or three approaches/solutions was too much for me. as it turns out there is only two tasks, not three.

right here goes, just because you asked nicely Wink

to techie-types: please dont be shy in castigating/laughing/correcting these instructions
to non-techies: if you have never used ssh and don't know where to start then just post a reply and tell us what you need to know. i hadnt used ssh before but i just googled it to find out the commands and how it works etc. but if your a non-techie this may be very difficult. but just reply here and ask for more detail if you need it.

1a) /sys/class/video/axis must have rw-rw-rw permissions. change it and your aspect ratios will be correct. you do this by using ssh to contact the android box and then type in 'chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis'.
here's how to ssh into an android machine:
install an ssh server app (like sshdroid. i used the sshdroid cos it was free)
open the app and click on the 3 dots in the top right and check over the settings. it should then turn the sshd server on once you exit the settings.
then on a terminal on a linux machine (or i presume dos box thingy on windows) type in "ssh [email protected]" or whatever the androids ip address is
password is admin, and then type in "cmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis"

2) the ther way to try to fix this issue is by making that line from number 1) permanent by following these instructions:
Here is simple workaround:
Install this on the box:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...iptmanager

Create a simple script - on lets say /data/local named aspect_fix.sh: what this means is (i'll use windows as an example) you open notepad and paste this into notepad without the quotes "chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis". then you save the notepad file as "aspect_fix.sh". then you need to find a way of getting this file onto your android box.

after that its a case of using ssh again to contact the box so that you can make sure that the file is runnable/executable.

once you have got ssh going again and you are authenticated/connected then you need to find your way to wherever you put the script.

the way i did that was by typing in "cd .." (without the quotes and with the space) a few times till i was at the root. then use "cd foldername" (without the quotes and replacing foldername with the folder you want to open. keep opening a few folders till you find your way to the folder your script is in.

then type "chmod 777 aspect_fix.sh" (that changes the permissions on the file so that the script file become executable)

the next step is on the android box and you use the script manager app to make your script get executed every time you boot. then go back onto the android box and find your script through ScriptManager app (then click about and try to find the little boxes that add the tags "boot" and "script" to the file. also whilst you are there make sure that the "Su" box is selected/activated so that script manager is granted enough permissions to run the script.

Now every time the box boots, the script manager will run that script, and you will not have to do it manually.

i havent put my heart and soul into making these steps perfect and exact, but i am subscribed to the thread so just reply if any bit needs explaining.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bluepeter - 2013-01-31

Thank you for bothering, I'm sure many owners will really appreciate your detailed explanation.

Regards
Peter

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rp1989 - 2013-01-31

Can you please give me a step by step guide on making the script and activating it on boot i am struggling with this part. Thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 03:43)rp1989 Wrote: Can you please give me a step by step guide on making the script and activating it on boot i am struggling with this part. Thanks

no problem, i've updated the post.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rp1989 - 2013-01-31

Thanks for updating the post. I have followed the instructions but when i try to run the script from scriptmanager i get "unable to chmod /sys/class/video/axis: operation not permitted.. But when i check the properties of the script in my case i named it "fix.sh" all permissions are ticked. What could be the problem? Thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-01-31

+x