Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - srle - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 00:14)thebearnecessit Wrote: can anyone help?

I can fix aspect ratio problem in the latest xbmc app from pivos, but everytime i turn the machine off and on again the problem is back again.

I'm trying to use script manager to get it to execute a script on every boot, as outlined in the guide I posted in this thread. But script manager isn't running the script when android boots.

to see what was going on i went into script manager and ran the script manually from there. i am getting an error saying "unable to chmod /sys/class/video/axis: operation not permitted."

why is that operation not permitted, when i run that operation from ssh it is permitted and works fine.

the script has to be run as root, make sure you have grantd root access to smanager, and that you have flaged the script for root execution in smanager

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - PittiG - 2013-02-01

Hi all,

I'd like to buy one. Could you please recommend me a reliable seller or shop who can ship it to EU?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bergstr - 2013-02-02

go here: http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00043.php. It's (almost) Europe

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - shanghai_todd - 2013-02-02

Have had my unit for 3 days now and problem i have is XBMC settings and add-ons are lost when unit is powered off. Anyone else experience this problem or have an idea what's wrong?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-02-02

Booked market for reading as still running an ATV3000

I do have the XAF build running on this M1 ATV3000 single core.. Pivios latest Android build, Overclocked to 900mhz on Performance governor..

It's the best its been so far.. And would love to upgrade to a dual core.. As even running Android on these box's are also little sticky..

With the XAF XBMC on top, and shutting unnecessary rouge programs from hogging memory, I almost have an acceptable system..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bubblefish - 2013-02-02

ATV1200 latest firmware and latest xbmc .
is there a way to use a wireless xbox 360 controller ( from my pc ) ?

i have tested the app joystick center , it does not work and box freezes.
bubblefish

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Leema - 2013-02-02

(2013-01-31, 21:55)ErTracina Wrote: Hi everyone, I've just received my atv1200, but after the last update (20130115)
seems that the cvbs output has been disabled, in the screen options menu I can see only YUV output.
Is cvbs working for you with the latest firmware??
Thanks

You have to lower the resolution to 567I. Then it works.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ErTracina - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 12:28)Leema Wrote: You have to lower the resolution to 567I. Then it works.

Thanks for the reply, but after setting the resolution to 567i, you have to switch from YUV to CVBS?
What about quality? is it better at 567i or with an HDMI to composite (cheap) adapter?
Thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bubblefish - 2013-02-03

Hardware ATV1200 latest , and XBMC

I stream my movies from my W7 server via lan , works fine via smb.
Problem: Its works between 5 and 30 minutes and then I get an error

THIS: connection timeout ( and smb does not work )

Lan connection broke , and if I close XBMC and test my lan via webbrowser from android it does not work ( http , smb )
after rebooting - all works

what can i do
thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-02-03

complain to geniatech Smile Lan connection breakage is a problem with the firmware and has nothing to do with XBMC.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bubblefish - 2013-02-03

Hello
thanks for answer ..
Yes , i think the problem isnt xbmc , the problem is the atv1200 image.

I also tested cifsmanager and mounted via nfs a network share to my external_sdcard.
With Xbox same disconncted problem after 15 min.
Tested with mediaplayer.app in adroid - with mounted share 3-5 min.
UpMedia streaming - same problem.

Anybody the same problems streaming via local lan ?

PS: Divx is working without troubles

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-02-04

@bubblefish, I just told you it was a problem with the firmware. Why do you seem to doubt me Smile

Re: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Robikonobi - 2013-02-06

Received my atv1200 yesterday and immediately upgraded to latest firmware via auto update and latest pivos xbmc 012913. Everything is running great except for four problems. 1. Seeking results in a frozen screen with working audio...if you pause and unpause...the video will continue in the correct position. 2. No sound in gui...sound is fine in videos. 3. Included Remote button has tendency to get stuck. 4. MCE Remote back button triggers a delete function as opposed to go back a screen...never had this problem with xbmc linux or windows with the same remote. Not sure how I would remap it with keymap.xml. I am currently using the default one. Have anyone experience these problems and have a solution?

Update: an earlier xios xbmc build 010813 fixes the seek problem...still not sure how to fix the other problems above.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Xardos - 2013-02-06

During mkv-playback I get sometimes green shadows - is there a way to change the pixel-format ( YUV 4:4:4 / 4:2:2 / 4:2:0 / 4:1:1 / 4:0:0) ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - DrMedia - 2013-02-06

Slightly off topic, sort of...

Trying to connect to my lan shares, Ive noticed that my USB keyboard seems to be using a US character set, as the @ and the " are the wrong way round. All the device settings are set to UK, but think this only applies to the system and soft keyboard.

Anyone else seen this or can suggest a fix...?