Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-02-22

making it disappear when xbmc starts is all I cared about Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-22

Fair enough, that's the main thing.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - akg4y - 2013-02-22

Srle thanks for updating the main post with so much helpful info, that is going to save so many people so much time!

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-21, 22:37)thebearnecessit Wrote: where do you live?

I live in Brazil... so I'll need an international seller...
A freeshipping one would be perfect ;-D

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dual_HD - 2013-02-23

www.chinavision.com maybe you can find it

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-24

Lost all my apps and settings!

The box failed to boot one time, and when i turned it off and on again, it seems like its starting like it was when i turned it on for the first time.

and that now means the box deciding to boot up and not display any of my apps. its booted up as if its my first boot and started the wizard for setting up the box!

In settings i can click on the "storage" section and the "internal storage" is show as an antirely green bar, but underneath it says "Total space 0.00B".

seems like my internal storage drive may have failed?

anyone know how i can get the box to boot properly with my apps and data etc? sorry im new to android.

or even if there is a way to format the internal space, or to a factory reset?

edit: figured out how to do a factory reset. not sure whether to set the whole box up again or just send it back. dont want to go through this again Big Grin

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-23, 17:30)dual_HD Wrote: www.chinavision.com maybe you can find it

Nope.... They neither have the 1200... :-(

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Beryus - 2013-02-24

Hey guys,

I hope someone of Team-XBMC will read and answer this:

I know that XBMC on Android is still in developement and you don't recommend to make any purchases in anticipation of running XBMC on Android. But I am a little bit impatient. So when you can make any recommendations relating hardware or at least name some points relating hardware? (Doesn't have to be an exact date. Just that me or anybody else have a point in time we can look forward too. Wink

Beryus

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bubblegum57 - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-17, 15:34)dmartins13 Wrote: Has anyone had any issues connecting a 3tb hdd via usb from an external enclosure to the ATV1200? Maybe i'm being really dim but I can't get the box, mx player or xbmc to see it. are external enclosures not supported?.

I have a 510B, when I was running xbmc under android, I found it browsing via rootfile? sda1

I am now running a xbmc linux image, first of all I would see a message saying my 3TB seagate was mounted, but I couldn't find it, rootfile media usb0.. usb1

I found by creating 2 partitions, largest being 2TB I can now see both partitions

But I am still having problems with the set content disappearing.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - marco_silva85 - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 22:27)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 15:34)dmartins13 Wrote: Has anyone had any issues connecting a 3tb hdd via usb from an external enclosure to the ATV1200? Maybe i'm being really dim but I can't get the box, mx player or xbmc to see it. are external enclosures not supported?.

I have a 510B, when I was running xbmc under android, I found it browsing via rootfile? sda1

I am now running a xbmc linux image, first of all I would see a message saying my 3TB seagate was mounted, but I couldn't find it, rootfile media usb0.. usb1

I found by creating 2 partitions, largest being 2TB I can now see both partitions

You are running Pivos linux image on 510B? I have the felling that it is the same hardware as Pivos Xios DS, so is that your case?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fitamix - 2013-02-24

I have 2 problems with geniatech 1200 and xbmc:
- The ac3 sound of videos with sample rate 44.1 KHz doesn't work the sound with xbmc. But default player work fine with these videos.
- I have one av reciver hdmi connected. The audio config of mygica it's hdmi passthrow. But sometimes the audio config change to pcm without I having touched anything.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bubblegum57 - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 23:04)marco_silva85 Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 22:27)bubblegum57 Wrote:

You are running Pivos linux image on 510B? I have the felling that it is the same hardware as Pivos Xios DS, so is that your case?

I have tried the Geeksquad7 & 8 images & the j1nx image from http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/pivos-xios-ds-discussion/4607-%5Bfull-guide%5D-installing-linux-xbmc-sumvision-cyclone-nano-m3-1gb-model.html

M3 versions.

If I reboot the video settings go back to the original, & I have to edit the source to get the library to scan.

Don't want to upset anyone, this topic is for the ATV1200.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - marco_silva85 - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-24, 23:30)bubblegum57 Wrote: I have tried the Geeksquad7 & 8 images & the j1nx image from http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/pivos-xios-ds-discussion/4607-%5Bfull-guide%5D-installing-linux-xbmc-sumvision-cyclone-nano-m3-1gb-model.html

M3 versions.

If I reboot the video settings go back to the original, & I have to edit the source to get the library to scan.

Don't want to upset anyone, this topic is for the ATV1200.

hm.. so I guess those images wouldn't work on ATV1200 since it's cpu is a M6/MX and not the M3, right?
really hoped that linux could be runned on these boxes

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-17, 15:43)p.h.i Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 17:08)p.h.i Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 03:19)shanghai_todd Wrote: Have had my unit for 3 days now and problem i have is XBMC settings and add-ons are lost when unit is powered off. Anyone else experience this problem or have an idea what's wrong?

I experience the same problem. Not every time the unit is powered off it looses the settings, but every now and then. A bit annoying Sad.

So I found out, that sometimes the "guisettings.xml" and the "profiles.xml" in "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/" are empty.

Workaround: First check if the files are empty, if they are: replace them with a backup.

Maybe the script manager can do this automatic on every reboot, but I have no clue how to do that. Maybe someone can help me out here?

@edit:
ok, got it to work. Really quite simple. Created a script:

cp /<source-folder>/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /<source-folder>/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Script Manager runs it after booting. Yeah I know. Pretty simple, but I am new to all this stuff Wink. Maybe it helps somebody Nod.

thanks phi.

do you have to copy these two files to your backup folder everytime you make changes?

my xbmc keeps forgetting that i changed the skin, all my skin layout (a lot of changes), and audio settings like the sound delay of 2.50.

if i spend the next 2 hours configuring my skin, then make a backup of those two files and setup script manager to always get xbmc to use my backup. that would be fine except everytime i change my skin or add a new item to my home menu i would need to make a new backup?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - p.h.i - 2013-02-26

Yes, every time you chance something, you have to overwrite the files in your backup-folder.