Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - tienlequoc - 2013-03-04

Who know the best XBMC version(with HW) for ATV1200 ? Give me download link. Thank so much. Big Grin

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - -Riffer- - 2013-03-04

Just take the actual version from the Pivos forum: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2555

Be aware! No support there for the ATV1200 which is not from Pivos!

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - swanseahost - 2013-03-04

I thought you couldn't put the Pivos on any oher device ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-04

Yeah I had read that too swansea. but im running the xbmc app from pivos on my ATV1200 perfectly well.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - -Riffer- - 2013-03-04

You may have a kindly look at the first post in this topic.

Its only the apk you use from there. Not the linux version and not the firmware!

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - akg4y - 2013-03-04

Someone needs to steal Shanghai_Todd's ATV1200 and start sticking needles into it and testing its blood. It has the cure.

(2013-03-01, 23:52)shanghai_todd Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 15:28)akg4y Wrote: Does anyone have an answer as to *why* the settings get erased each time you exit XBMC? Seems like something that should be a relatively easy fix for one of the developers if it is even a coding issue and not a permission issue.

Does XMBC save settings changes to a temporary file/folder and then try to write them to the saved location at the time of exit, and if so, is it just a permission issue with XBMC not being able to overwrite the default settings file?

Mine did this for the first week. I did a reset to the factory setting and then re-updated to the latest version of pios. Everything is all good now.

(2013-03-01, 23:52)shanghai_todd Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 15:28)akg4y Wrote: Does anyone have an answer as to *why* the settings get erased each time you exit XBMC? Seems like something that should be a relatively easy fix for one of the developers if it is even a coding issue and not a permission issue.

Does XMBC save settings changes to a temporary file/folder and then try to write them to the saved location at the time of exit, and if so, is it just a permission issue with XBMC not being able to overwrite the default settings file?

Mine did this for the first week. I did a reset to the factory setting and then re-updated to the latest version of pios. Everything is all good now.

shanghai,

if you read this message can you tell us whether you formatted your machine or if you just did the factory reset using the button on the back?

or to put it a better way, can you just let us know what steps you followed to do the factory reset?

cheers

Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC - skins - malcolmbarr - 2013-03-04

Is it likely that skins like Aeon Nox will ever work with this device, or is that simply too taxing for the hardware?

I tried to install Aeon Nox for XBMC having followed the instructions in the first post in this thread. I got a "dependencies not met" error, and XBMC can subsequently not be changed from the default skin.

Is it default skin (confluence) only at this point, or am i missing a trick to get Aoen Nox working?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I don't have a solution malcolm, but i do know yu are supposed to be able to use other skins. im running a skin called "quartz" on mine. so you are not restricted to confluence. so it loks like you have a problem that is specific to your box.

maybe try unninstalling xbmc and doing a fresh instal?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - malcolmbarr - 2013-03-04

(2013-03-04, 18:24)thebearnecessit Wrote: I don't have a solution malcolm, but i do know yu are supposed to be able to use other skins. im running a skin called "quartz" on mine. so you are not restricted to confluence. so it loks like you have a problem that is specific to your box.

maybe try unninstalling xbmc and doing a fresh instal?

Thanks for the response - I will give an uninstall-reinstall a try. How does "quartz" work for you - I might give that a try.

Has anyone got Aeon Nox working?

QUARTZ SKIN - i love quartz but its not for everyone. its very light so its fast, but it doesnt have the amazing fancy views when in tv or movie library that other skins have. it keeps things minimal, cool and smart looking.

the reason i like it is the layout of the main screen because you can navigate so easily around the homescreen.

so therefore, one you add your favourite favourites to the home screen it is very easy to find what you want quickly.

so its ideal for wife, kids or friends that want to play with it.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-07

Geniatech have release a linux XBMC for M3 devices....... is the ATV1200 a M3 device ?

Has anyone tried it ?

If you where to move from the pivos xbmc to the linus xbmc will it keep all your settings ?

http://www.geniatech.com/news/linux-xbmc-system-for-geniatech-m3-models.asp

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-07

I have the pivos android firmware and the pivos xbmc app on my atv1200.

are you talking about moving from pivos android firmware to pivos linux firmware?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-07

No...... i was wondering if the offical linux xbmc for m3 devices would work on the ATV1200, and if so would it hold all my library settings, add on's, etc.

Im not sure it would work though, as I don't think its a m3 device ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - malcolmbarr - 2013-03-07

After an uninstall then reinstall of xbmc, and then install Aeon Nox before making any other changes, the skin is now working fine for me. It is a bit sluggish when you move between menus, but still usable.