Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - DesG - 2013-03-07

(2013-03-07, 16:40)theINSKIP Wrote: No...... i was wondering if the offical linux xbmc for m3 devices would work on the ATV1200, and if so would it hold all my library settings, add on's, etc.

Im not sure it would work though, as I don't think its a m3 device ?

No, the ATV1200 is an M6/MX device, not M3.

Cheers, Des.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-08

Thanks....

What are the advantages of Linux/xbmc over android/xbmc ?

Also, i and running the demo of 'hidebar', i have to to activate on boot, which is hiding the bottom bar in xbmc but now leaving a gap at the top ? It never used to.

Also, My cache seem to fill and cause error quiet alot. Is there anything i should be doing to stop this ?

Thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-08

Ive also has a few more problems today.

I have watched two films today, and i have had to reboot the box multiple times. It seems to loose its connection the the network.

I have my ATV wired through my router accessing my nas using SMB.

The router doesn't seem to be the problem as the internet still works, but xbmc and all other android apps don't.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 16:35)theINSKIP Wrote: Thanks....

What are the advantages of Linux/xbmc over android/xbmc ?

Also, i and running the demo of 'hidebar', i have to to activate on boot, which is hiding the bottom bar in xbmc but now leaving a gap at the top ? It never used to.

Also, My cache seem to fill and cause error quiet alot. Is there anything i should be doing to stop this ?

Thanks

If you want an xbmc box and dont care about android apps then you should definitely be using linux because it is just a much more mature version of xbmc. there are much less fautls with it, it is much more reliable. I personally like to have access to the apps so I will stick to the android version.

I don't think there is a version of linux that works on the atv1200 unless someone can correct me.

I imagine in theory that xbmc could be put on a usb stick and rand from the usb stick in the atv1200 (using openelec), but i'm only guessing, im not sure if that is possible.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-08, 21:33)theINSKIP Wrote: Ive also has a few more problems today.

I have watched two films today, and i have had to reboot the box multiple times. It seems to loose its connection the the network.

I have my ATV wired through my router accessing my nas using SMB.

The router doesn't seem to be the problem as the internet still works, but xbmc and all other android apps don't.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150342&pid=1294203#pid1294203

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-09

right xbmc keeps forgetting my skin changes sometimes when i turn the box off and on again.

I cant cope with backing up my changes (guisettings.xml and profiles.xml) everytime i make skin changes.

So I'm going to have to wipe the box and start again installing android from scratch.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do this!

I don't suppose anyone knows any guides or how-to's on doing this? or can anyone quickly clue me in?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themaskfly - 2013-03-09

hello everyone, the chinese edtion of atv1200 which is called as A6 has been released recently.

good news is the firmware of A6 has dts decode license (no shuttering, no noise)

but strange that i compared the firmware section of both rom, they r exactly the same. We can't get dts decoding support by replacing certain file Sad

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-09, 12:51)themaskfly Wrote: hello everyone, the chinese edtion of atv1200 which is called as A6 has been released recently.

good news is the firmware of A6 has dts decode license (no shuttering, no noise)

but strange that i compared the firmware section of both rom, they r exactly the same. We can't get dts decoding support by replacing certain file Sad

where is this mythical firmware ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - jatt2009 - 2013-03-10

Is ATV1200 any good would anyone reccomend it ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - duytv2012 - 2013-03-10

How to remote desktop android box?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-10

would the unoffical xbmc.apk releases on the pivos forum work on this box?

for example the xbmc apk mentioned here: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2967&start=20#p26958

I might give it a go because xbmc frequently loses my settings and skin changes when i reboot (using an official pivos apk at the moment..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themaskfly - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-09, 18:24)davilla Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 12:51)themaskfly Wrote: hello everyone, the chinese edtion of atv1200 which is called as A6 has been released recently.

http://up.stdvr.com/mygica/android/A6/

it's multiple languages but by default the GUI is in chinese

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-09, 18:24)davilla Wrote:

He might be talking about this firmware on the lastest M6 boxes being shipped from with in China..
I got mine last week with it on..
Build number : Android 4.1.2 - 20130131
Verses website build on Geniatech of : Android 4.1 20130115

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - -Riffer- - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-10, 17:49)thebearnecessit Wrote: would the unoffical xbmc.apk releases on the pivos forum work on this box?

Just give it a try? I did compile the pivos sources for myself (do not ask for downloads) and they went very well. So why should those 'nightlys' not do their jobs.

Use XBMC Backup before to have the possibility to return or restore your setup to the 'new' version.

And you will have to uninstall the 'old' version before install the new one (they will have different signing keys!).

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-01, 15:28)akg4y Wrote: Does anyone have an answer as to *why* the settings get erased each time you exit XBMC? Seems like something that should be a relatively easy fix for one of the developers if it is even a coding issue and not a permission issue.

Does XMBC save settings changes to a temporary file/folder and then try to write them to the saved location at the time of exit, and if so, is it just a permission issue with XBMC not being able to overwrite the default settings file?

SUGGESTION 1) exit first: could it be as simple as that?.....

are people with this issue (skin settings and other settings are sometimes lost/forgotten after a reboot) still getting this issue when using exiting xbmc properly using the menus prior to powering off the box?

reason i ask is because the advice in the thread below (for a similar problem on a similar box) is to make sure to exit xbmc BEFORE powering off the machine.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158888

I'm testing this as we speak to see if it resolves the issue, and five out five times that i exited xbmc before turning off the box it has been fine. xbmc has remembered the skin changes i made each time.

obviously this isnt a thorough test, i think i'll only feel comfortable that the issue is resolved after using this method for a few days.

SUGGESTION 2) dont have xbmc in startup with android.

i think ive noticed that xbmc starts with confluence having los skin settings etc when i have xbmc setup to start automatically. i've removed it now so that i have to start xbmc manually, so i'll be able to tell in a few hours/days whether that helped.