Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - who cares - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-13, 13:58)theINSKIP Wrote: +1 for a new firmware !
Hello geniatech, will there any hope the issues of random color changes during playback of local 720p and 1080p contents and Ethernet connection loosing problem get fixed in the next new rom release?
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi,

I did not meet the issue of random color changes during playback of my local 1080p contents, every video format has this problem?

By the way, I installed this patch www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_patch_Scaling.zip (don't unzip, just copy and update), played one 1080P movie for 2 hours , had not found ethernet loosing problem. So far, it is ok.

I am using ATV1200 with 20130115 firmware and this XBMC https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojmb76oaqr24wrb/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130223.apk

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - stardust - 2013-03-16

I have 2 ATV1200 - one in the living room one in the bedroom.
Setup for both devices is identical - firmware v1.03.04MX01_20130115 and XBMC xbmc-XIOS-Android-012913 (http://update.pivoscdn.com/XIOS_DS/XBMC/xbmc-XIOS-Android-012913.zip)

I have following big issues unsolved so far:
Aspect ratio
As it was mentioned earlier, /sys/class/video/axis must have rw-rw-rw permissions. In order to make it I have to connect by using ssh to the box and run "cmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis" every time.
I tried to use SciptManager to apply permissions on the boot but it does not work.
Does anybody solved this problem? Which setup are you running?
XBMC settings are lost when unit is powered off.
There are several workarounds discussed in this thread like copy settings files in special folder. I tried XBMC Backup add-on - it does not restore settings properly (BTW, no error messages as well).
Does anybody find the way to cope this issue?

My observation says that random color change is thermal problem.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-15, 10:54)kurjak Wrote: Thanks for thorough answer.

Here are my findings:
XAF doesn't want to use external player for some reason,
libstagefright doesn't support amlogic at all,
pivos build crashes about 30s after starting xbmc,
mygica mx atv1200 build works, but has a/v out of sync.

but you are not talking about the atv1200 which this thread is about so your post might be missleading to people who think you are having problems with the atv1200 which you are not.

i'm happy with my atv1200, it works great! (afer a couple tweaks talked about in this thread (the oval shapes instead of squares issue is fixed, and the issue of losing you chosen skin and layout has a workaround). it plays hd content no problem.

maybe you should start a separate thread to see if anyone can help you with your issues with your box

(2013-03-15, 18:09)movie_enjoyer Wrote: Geez! A box which costs nearly 100 USD cannot handle XBMC properly?! :O

I don´t want to be a GeniaPig!

my atv1200 is working great with xbmc including streaming hd video. maybe you got the wrong idea from the post above describing lots of issues because he was talking about about a different box.

(2013-03-16, 17:06)stardust Wrote: I have 2 ATV1200 - one in the living room one in the bedroom.
Setup for both devices is identical - firmware v1.03.04MX01_20130115 and XBMC xbmc-XIOS-Android-012913 (http://update.pivoscdn.com/XIOS_DS/XBMC/xbmc-XIOS-Android-012913.zip)

I have following big issues unsolved so far:
Aspect ratio
As it was mentioned earlier, /sys/class/video/axis must have rw-rw-rw permissions. In order to make it I have to connect by using ssh to the box and run "cmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis" every time.
I tried to use SciptManager to apply permissions on the boot but it does not work.
Does anybody solved this problem? Which setup are you running?
XBMC settings are lost when unit is powered off.
There are several workarounds discussed in this thread like copy settings files in special folder. I tried XBMC Backup add-on - it does not restore settings properly (BTW, no error messages as well).
Does anybody find the way to cope this issue?

My observation says that random color change is thermal problem.

aspect ratio problem - check what options you have selected in your script in script manager, o think there is an option to run as superuser (su) that has to be selected.
xbmc forgets your skin and skin layout and goes back to confluence - i am experimenting with exiting the xbmc app before i power off the box and it seems that so far after a few days i have not had this problem again. also i have made sure xbmc does not start automatically on boot. i manually open the app after 2 minutes so the box is fully booted. as a contingency plan for incase the problem happens again, i have tw scripts setup.
one is to make baackup copy of the two xbmc files - i exit xbmc and then run this script whenever i make changes to my skins home screen layout.
the second script is to get my two backup files and copy them into the xbmc folder prior to opening xbmc. i will only need this file if i forget to exit the xbmc app properly and i encounter the issue again.

not perfect but maybe the issues will be resolved at some point down the line.

also worth noting that one poster said he got rid of the "xbmc forgets your skin" issue by doing a factory reset on his box and installing xbmc again. this didn't work for me.

(2013-03-16, 12:45)who cares Wrote: Hi,

I did not meet the issue of random color changes during playback of my local 1080p contents, every video format has this problem?

By the way, I installed this patch http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...caling.zip (don't unzip, just copy and update), played one 1080P movie for 2 hours , had not found ethernet loosing problem. So far, it is ok.

I am using ATV1200 with 20130115 firmware and this XBMC https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojmb76oaqr24wr...130223.apk

have you got a link to some information about the patch? i don't want to download it, i want to find out what it is etc.

also, where did tha xbmc app come from? who made it and what made you use it?

thanks.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themaskfly - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 12:45)who cares Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 13:58)theINSKIP Wrote: +1 for a new firmware !
Hello geniatech, will there any hope the issues of random color changes during playback of local 720p and 1080p contents and Ethernet connection loosing problem get fixed in the next new rom release?

Hi,

By the way, I installed this patch www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_patch_Scaling.zip (don't unzip, just copy and update), played one 1080P movie for 2 hours , had not found ethernet loosing problem. So far, it is ok.

I am using ATV1200 with 20130115 firmware and this XBMC https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojmb76oaqr24wrb/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130223.apk
hello dude, just search this thread by using keyword "color" u will find related discuss about this glitch. Nod it's rom issues, the internal player has the same problem.

also the patch u mentioned is merged into the newer rom already, somehow problem still exsits.
u need to play video file through smb server by Ethernet to produce the disconnection problem.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Unleashed82 - 2013-03-16

Thank you very much "who cares" for your reply! Smile

Do anyone knows any e-shop - site, where I can buy the geniatech version? Only because I would like to use the vga option. Yesterday, I was sherching for hours and I couldn't find even one!Sad
(I leave in Greece, so I need European-International shipping option)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - j1nx - 2013-03-16

futeko: http://www.futeko.com

Thnk you "j1nx".I've already search this site and they sell only mygica's ATV1200. I've send a mail but they haven't reply yet.

(2013-03-16, 19:54)Unleashed82 Wrote: Thnk you "j1nx".I've already search this site and they sell only mygica's ATV1200. I've send a mail but they haven't reply yet.

i have been told on this forum that the geniatech atv1200 and the mygica atv1200 are the same thing with different branding. all the geniatech firmwares and xbmc apps work on both.

i have the mygica from futeko with the geniatech firmware (and using the xbmc app released by pivos on their forum) running very nicely.

"who cares" answer to this and thank you for confirming it. I'm looking for the geniatech, only because the mygica dosen't have a VGA out.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kurjak - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 17:49)thebearnecessit Wrote: but you are not talking about the atv1200 which this thread is about so your post might be missleading to people who think you are having problems with the atv1200 which you are not.
i'm happy with my atv1200, it works great! (afer a couple tweaks talked about in this thread (the oval shapes instead of squares issue is fixed, and the issue of losing you chosen skin and layout has a workaround). it plays hd content no problem.
maybe you should start a separate thread to see if anyone can help you with your issues with your box

I have kimdecent droid stick a2 which is Amlogic AML8726-MX...
I just needed to know which build of xbmc suits best for my box. Sorry for disturbance Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - mockingbirdblue - 2013-03-17

Kimdecent is a joke and have no XBMC support based on their firmware support, read more on cnx-software - contact them and ask for the source......so the community can fix their issues. I am also tired of this Geniatech unit as its going down the same road with a few major problems not even being considered to be fixed. I have lived with this ethernet issue, (aspect I can do on my own) too long and since they will not focus on its best they just release the source so we can get to it ourselves. I have emailed plenty of times, and also even asked the question here and PM with no response. Please accommodate your users with a way to get things done themselves if your not going to do it for us.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - movie_enjoyer - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-16, 17:49)thebearnecessit Wrote:

Here are my findings:

but you are not talking about the atv1200 which this thread is about so your post might be missleading to people who think you are having problems with the atv1200 which you are not.

(2013-03-15, 18:09)movie_enjoyer Wrote: Geez! A box which costs nearly 100 USD cannot handle XBMC properly?! :O

my atv1200 is working great with xbmc including streaming hd video. maybe you got the wrong idea from the post above describing lots of issues because he was talking about about a different box.

I am confsued. As I see it ATV1200 cannot play 720P and 1080P MKV 5.1 movies without flaws and that is seriously bad

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Leema - 2013-03-17

Your comments here are seriously bs...

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fitamix - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-17, 10:32)movie_enjoyer Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 17:49)thebearnecessit Wrote:

Here are my findings:

I am confsued. As I see it ATV1200 cannot play 720P and 1080P MKV 5.1 movies without flaws and that is seriously bad

That is false.

One question: do you know any gamepad or joystick works with atv 1200?

I can confirm that the webcam logitech c270 works with atv 1200 and skype.