Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-17

i have played 720 and 1080 on mine. havent tried mkv specifically, but never had a problem playing video files.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - stardust - 2013-03-17

Does anybody know how to use minUSB port on back panel?
I thought that this is an access to internal memory card and could be used for XBMC settings backup.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-17

with the atv1200 xbmc sometimes forgets skin and skin settings. this doesn't seem to effect most atv1200 users but it effect some of us for some reason!

but i find if i exit the xbmc app before powering the unit off then i dont get the problem. and i also DON'T have xbmc setup to start automatically with android on startup.

but if it does happen to you regularly then i have two scripts that can help you to recover your old settings:

script 1) backs up the two files that xbmc needs in order to remember your skin and skin settings
script 2) copies your two backed up files into the xbmc folder so that all your skin and skin settings are remembered

here is what script 1 looks like:
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/

here is what script 2 looks like:
cp /sdcard/stuff/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /sdcard/stuff/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

find a way to copy that text into 2 files. give them a .sh extention. get them onto your box and use script manager a whenever you want to to run one.

if anyone wants to use these scripts but isn't surre how then just post a message in this thread and i can try to help.

NOTE1: the system relies on you remembering to close xbmc and run script 2 every time you make skin changes. then you only ever need script 1 when xbmc forgets your settings.

NOTE2: the sdcard is called different things in each script. its not a typo, its just the only way i found it would work on my box.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themaskfly - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-17, 20:02)thebearnecessit Wrote: i have played 720 and 1080 on mine. havent tried mkv specifically, but never had a problem playing video files.

hello thebearnecessit, would u mind to post video infos which u played w/o any color glitch. all my local 1080p h264 contents with dts or ac3 sounds tracks (sure they r all in mkv container, anyway mkv is not a video format) have this problem no matter using internal video player or xbmc (it can't be xbmc's fault since it just uses the hardware decoding libs of the rom).

and color changes back to normal if u do a fast forward or backward.

to produce this problem u need to watch a video long enough for example 20-30 mins or even more (just find a relax evening and play a whole movie on this box with popcorns and let this glitch annoys u). first video freeze then becomes lacking of certain colors. and after doing a fast reward to the same time point the playback is normal again.

below are some earlier discussing within this thread:

(2013-02-08, 21:15)stardust Wrote: There is strange behaviour with unpredictable random slight color change while watching movie via XBMC. It looks like the device tries to optimize video output during the play.
I thought it is HDMI cable problem and I changed it - did not help.
Does anybody have the similar problem or this is specific for my device?

(2013-02-08, 21:32)srle Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 21:15)stardust Wrote: There is strange behaviour with unpredictable random slight color change while watching movie via XBMC. It looks like the device tries to optimize video output during the play.
I thought it is HDMI cable problem and I changed it - did not help.
Does anybody have the similar problem or this is specific for my device?

i' ve expirienced it to on 1080p content only

i' ve expirienced it to on 1080p content only
[/quote]

I had this on 720p content as well.

I found that the problem was solved by blackvor from Russia
http://forum.iconbit.ru/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=40537
He says that it looks like firmware issue of the device and hopes it will be fixed.
[/quote]

(2013-02-09, 02:39)davilla Wrote: HAHAHA, some solution more like a guess.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-18

i don't exactly know what slight colour change to look for. perhaps i just haven't noticed it.

most of my videos are watched though the xbmchub addons that we do not speak of. so i therefore do not have exact video file information.

would like to help more but i'm not sure how.

(2013-03-18, 11:11)thebearnecessit Wrote: i don't exactly know what slight colour change to look for. perhaps i just haven't noticed it.

most of my videos are watched though the xbmchub addons that we do not speak of. so i therefore do not have exact video file information.

would like to help more but i'm not sure how.

it's ok dude. the online videos are normally [email protected] or lower. Local HD videos are [email protected]. I think it's why u never had such annoying problem.
here are two pictures when i played E.T. this evening. u can see how frustrated i were when the picture becomes have problem

color glitch

normal

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - stardust - 2013-03-18

Looks like color glitch is a thermal problem. It is obvious that 1080 content needs more power than 720. I think this is why you observe it for 1080 content.

(2013-03-18, 14:56)stardust Wrote: Looks like color glitch is a thermal problem. It is obvious that 1080 content needs more power than 720. I think this is why you observe it for 1080 content.

i think it's more likely video buffer overflow. since the color back to normal immediately when u do a ff/rf. I reported this problem to amlogic through a friend including these two pictures and video details. no sure when amlogic will fix it. it's out of geniatech's ability i think.Confused

Re: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-03-19

Looks like another update out..
Dated 14.3

http://up.stdvr.com/mygica/android/A6/firmware/

Will see if the box wants to auto update once I am home as out on the road..
But should be able to report back tomorrow

Also I have some details on mkv play back from industry.. Will post when I can get all the data together..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fitamix - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 09:30)dgcruzing Wrote: Looks like another update out..
Dated 14.3

Also I have some details on mkv play back from industry.. Will post when I can get all the data together..

The latest firmware is much larger than the previous!

2013/1/31 19:41 172532675 update_Mygica_20130131.img
2013/3/15 12:43 244310118 update_Mygica_20130314.img

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Leema - 2013-03-19

you try it first please ^^

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-19

Just a quick question.

I currently have my atv1200 attached to my onkyo amp via hdmi, then from the amp to the TV.

I wanted to change the set up to attach the atv1200 direct to the TV and have it attached to the amp via optical cable.

When i did this, all the sound was ok through the amp in all 5.1 glory, but when i just wanted to have the sound from the TV and turn the amp off a loud hissing noise appears on each film i select. Its ok for music but not for films.

I have tried changing the settings of the box, and tried some settings within xbmc but couldn't get the right set up.

Does anyone know what im doing wrong ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fitamix - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 10:39)fitamix Wrote:
Dated 14.3

I compared the contents of the two firmwares and only encounter these changes:
- They must have updated the xbmc (I think it's a version of 21 February) and they've got a version with more addons.
- They have removed several preinstalled applications: com.cntv.live2, wifi.analyzer, iptv, mediacenter, vooleplay ...
- They have removed something called airplay (avahi, sftp, ssh)
- They have removed several files web browser settings and android settings.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-19, 16:40)fitamix Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 10:39)fitamix Wrote:
Dated 14.3

- They must have updated the xbmc (I think it's a version of 21 February) and they've got a version with more addons.
- They have removed several preinstalled applications: com.cntv.live2, wifi.analyzer, iptv, mediacenter, vooleplay ...

How could the file size grows that much with so removed apps and files?....

Could the xbmc Addons be responsible for that grow? Or they added something else?

Some kernel or drivers changes? (I don't know the android file structure to recognize by my self...)

By email, geniatech support have told me that they are intended to add drivers for theirs Turners USB sticks (satellite, cable TV...)
Could them be already added?

Ricardo.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fitamix - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 15:33)ninguemrj Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 16:40)fitamix Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 10:39)fitamix Wrote: The latest firmware is much larger than the previous!

How could the file size grows that much with so removed apps and files?....

Could the xbmc Addons be responsible for that grow? Or they added something else?

Some kernel or drivers changes? (I don't know the android file structure to recognize by my self...)

By email, geniatech support have told me that they are intended to add drivers for theirs Turners USB sticks (satellite, cable TV...)
Could them be already added?

Ricardo.

I'm no expert on android structure, but I downloaded the 2 firmwares and comparing them I have seen no change in the kernel or anywhere significant.

The firmware size increases greatly because they have changed xbmc version and maybe they forgot to clean temporary files or auxiliary files of some addons.

But there is no substantial change.