Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ogitmb - 2013-06-02

hi,

i was trying your backup script but my problem is the following:

On power-off all the content of /storage/sdcard0/ is deleted.
Is that normal/do you know anyway around this?

(2013-03-17, 21:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: with the atv1200 xbmc sometimes forgets skin and skin settings. this doesn't seem to effect most atv1200 users but it effect some of us for some reason!

but i find if i exit the xbmc app before powering the unit off then i dont get the problem. and i also DON'T have xbmc setup to start automatically with android on startup.

but if it does happen to you regularly then i have two scripts that can help you to recover your old settings:

script 1) backs up the two files that xbmc needs in order to remember your skin and skin settings
script 2) copies your two backed up files into the xbmc folder so that all your skin and skin settings are remembered

here is what script 1 looks like:
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/

here is what script 2 looks like:
cp /sdcard/stuff/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /sdcard/stuff/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

if anyone wants to use these scripts but isn't surre how then just post a message in this thread and i can try to help.

NOTE1: the system relies on you remembering to close xbmc and run script 2 every time you make skin changes. then you only ever need script 1 when xbmc forgets your settings.

NOTE2: the sdcard is called different things in each script. its not a typo, its just the only way i found it would work on my box.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-02

the problem we were having (that you have quoted above) was different, our problem was just that xbmc was not loading a couple of its config files so xbmc was starting but without some crucial skin settings etc.

but coincidently i think i had the same issue you did. i managed to fix it and the problem has not re-occurred.

i did a factory reset on the box and that fixed it. you will lose your apps and any data etc so maybe use titanium backup if they are important.

factory reset is done i think by simply holding in the tiny reset button and then turning the box on whilst still holding the button in. i used a pen to press the tiny reset button on the back of the atv1200.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ogitmb - 2013-06-02

thank you! with a total reset its working now (and a couple of other problems have dissapeared with it as well)

(2013-06-02, 19:56)thebearnecessit Wrote: the problem we were having (that you have quoted above) was different, our problem was just that xbmc was not loading a couple of its config files so xbmc was starting but without some crucial skin settings etc.

but coincidently i think i had the same issue you did. i managed to fix it and the problem has not re-occurred.

i did a factory reset on the box and that fixed it. you will lose your apps and any data etc so maybe use titanium backup if they are important.

factory reset is done i think by simply holding in the tiny reset button and then turning the box on whilst still holding the button in. i used a pen to press the tiny reset button on the back of the atv1200.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-06-03

Hi All,

I received my atv1200 yesterday from mixeshop.
It was auto-updated as soon as I connected it in my internet (ethernet cable).

I'm using the original xbmc (12.0) and I got no problems at all loading 1080p movies from a usb external hd (dd5.1 and dts5.1,both passthrough to my receiver). The audio needed to be fowarded in 190ms.

I got some trouble with the external bt keyboard (k400 from logitech) layout (USinternational for portuguese), but I installed the "external keyboard helper pro" and now everything is working great!!(including ctrl+a, +c, +v, alt+tab....)

I syncing my google account but my contacts are not available when creating a new email... I don't even have the contacts option in the google account sync options. What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!
RicardoJr.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 03:58)ninguemrj Wrote: Hi All,

I'm using the original xbmc (12.0) and I got no problems at all loading 1080p movies from a usb external hd (dd5.1 and dts5.1,both passthrough to my receiver). The audio needed to be fowarded in 190ms.

I got some trouble with the external bt keyboard (k400 from logitech) layout (USinternational for portuguese), but I installed the "external keyboard helper pro" and now everything is working great!!(including ctrl+a, +c, +v, alt+tab....)

I syncing my google account but my contacts are not available when creating a new email... I don't even have the contacts option in the google account sync options. What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!
RicardoJr.

when you say that external keyboard helper pro fixed your problmes. can you tell me what problems it fixed?

I have been trying to get two things to work in the xbmc on-screen virtual keyboard.

I would like my keyboards "baqckspace" button to delete to the left.
and i would like my keyboards shift button to work in the xbmc on-screen virtual keyboard.

does external keyboard helper pro help with these issues?

(2013-06-01, 18:35)thebearnecessit Wrote: FIX/WORKAROUND FOR THE ISSUE SOME WERE HAVING WITH HAVING XBMC AUTO_START WITH STARTUP MANGER APPS:

if anyone is still having problems trying to get xbmc to launch when the box boots up, the read on.

the problem only effected some users and the problem was that when xbmc was added to any startup ap like Startup Manager" it launched but launched without any skin changs/configs/settings that had been made previously.

to get xbmc to launch on startup without any issues, get an app called "AutomateIt-Automate Your Droid". then add a new rule as follows:

trigger = boot
action = launch app (xbmc)
rule = delay the launch by 10 seconds

the box will then launch xbmc 10 seconds after boot. i haven't experimented with shorter times yet so give it a go.

somehow the delay in launching xbmc allows it to launch without the previous problems.

another fix:

FIX/WORKAROUND FOR PEOPLE HAVING THE PROBLEM WHERE BACKSPACE IS NOT WORKING ON EXTERNAL KEYBOARDS WHILST IN XBMC:

the first problem is that the backspace button doesn't back out of menu's; it seems to send the delete command to xbmc so instead of backing out of a menu it tries to delete the menu item!

the second problem is that when in the xbmc on-screen keyboard the backspace button does not delete-to-the-left like it should.

i think i have these issues resolved although its not straight forward for noobs to do.

please note that this is not a perfect solution because although the backspace button gets fixed in xbmc, it stops working (it stops deleting to the left) in android. it will instead jump "back" a level. so its fine for me because my focus is on geting xbmc searches to be more user friendly. you basically have to decide if you want backspace to delete-to-the-left in xbmc OR in android.

hopefully the xbmc devs will sort out why this doesn't work better and we'l get a proper fix some time

the basic technique is to reconfigure the button so it sends "backspace" to xbmc instead of "delete".

i used this guide to tell android to send interpret the backspace key as backspace (!)...http://droid-den.com/android-guides/guide-how-to-remap-keys-on-a-hardware-keyboard/

i didnt bother with the bit about setting up a whole new file for my specific keyboard, i justt changed the general file for all keyboards called generic.kl

i used an app called root explorer to change the follde rpermissions so that i was allowed to edit the file.

once in the file i changed the line that says "key 14 DEL". i changed it to say "key 14 BACK WAKE_DROPPED". (not sure if the number of space are important but just in case they were i just copied and pasted the "BACK WAKE_DROPPED" bit from the text next to key 158.

posta reply on this thread if it what ive written doenst make sense, or i forgot something or your just suck, because im subscribed to the thread and will keep an eye on replies.

another fix:

SOME FOLK HAVE HAD PROBLEMS CONNECTING XBMC TO SMB SHARES:

basically i have mounted the smb shares in android. that way in xbmc you don't have to try and connect to you smb share using the "Windows network (SMB)" type of source. You just connect to the local android folder where you smb shares files are mounted.

create a script file that mounts your share and save this file onto your android box. mine has one line in it
busybox mount -t cifs //192.168.1.6/[sharename] /sdcard/external_sdcard/mounted drives/bigPCmovies -o nounix,username=[username],password=[password]

you'll need to edit the username and password and ip address and sharename

you wil likely want to edit the 2nd path too (its the local location where you want the mounted files to be available)

download a couple apps (script manager and super user)

then just open script manager and open your script file. make sure boot and su are enabled. run the script and then use a file manager to see if your smb files are mounted.

once thats all done then your smb share should be mounted every time the box boots. just go to xbmc and "add videos" and navigate to your local android folder where you setup your mount.

i think thats it. these are not proper step by step instructions so if you are stuck then just reply to this thread and i'll give more detail.

this guy "Dee" was where i got the idea from and he briefly outlines his setup at the beginning and end of his post: http://infinitec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27&start=20

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-03, 11:07)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 03:58)ninguemrj Wrote: Hi All,

Thanks!
RicardoJr.

when you say that external keyboard helper pro fixed your problmes. can you tell me what problems it fixed?

I have been trying to get two things to work in the xbmc on-screen virtual keyboard.

I would like my keyboards "baqckspace" button to delete to the left.
and i would like my keyboards shift button to work in the xbmc on-screen virtual keyboard.

does external keyboard helper pro help with these issues?

Actually my keyboard layout issue was in android system... I tested it in XBMC and the backspace problem ocurr even with external keyboard helper pro. It was fun to discover that left ALT key moves the prompt left and the right ALT key move it to right...heheheh

It seems to me that xbmc or android uses a different key mapping for special/modifier keys... So if xbmc follows some standard for other platforms, maybe android doesn`t... or vice versa...

External keyboard helper pro helped me with special portuguese characters, like: á,é,ü,ã....(combined hard keys for just one special char). It helped me also with Shift, CTRL and ALT modifier keys, that was not working with the preinstalled hardware keyboard program and also helped hiding the android software keyboard when a hardware keyboard are on.

It also added some well known key combination functions, like: CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+A to select all, CTRL+V to paste, ALT+TAB to switch between running applications, and etc.

Unfortunately, for xbmc it doen't make any difference... :-(

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-06-04

Additionally, I'm not able to turn on my BT (it keeps trying, but never gets on) and I'm facing extremely poor wi-fi sinal strength even 1meter beside my N-router... I'm using RJ11 cable for internet connection...

Does anyone have a clue what can be happening or how to fix it?

(the same has happening before the auto-uptade...)

Thanks,
Ricardo Jr.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-04

bluetooth? i didnt think the atv1200 had bluetooth.

my wifi has been great, so not sure what your issue could be. id be tempted to do a factory reset and see if that helps. youd lose any apps you'd installed and settings etc though. otherwise get in touch with your reseller to returrn it, or to get a replacement box.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Swindiff - 2013-06-04

Would it be technically possible to wake an android device from the off/standby state either over the network via a magic packet or via a wireless remote. I know this device can be turned on via IR with the supplied remote just curious if this is possible via the air remote, or over the LAN from a phone.

Re: RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 03:09)ninguemrj Wrote: Additionally, I'm not able to turn on my BT (it keeps trying, but never gets on) and I'm facing extremely poor wi-fi sinal strength even 1meter beside my N-router... I'm using RJ11 cable for internet connection...

Does anyone have a clue what can be happening or how to fix it?

(the same has happening before the auto-uptade...)

Thanks,
Ricardo Jr.

Check the internal cable for the WiFi receiver within the case it is not seated properly on the socket that I would say it plugs onto..
I haven't opened up mine to see if it is the same setup as the ATV3000 but I am guessing it is.. As the I replaced the WiFi receiver on that box myself, with a far better one out of an old wireless router I had and now it picks up signal that both my phone and tablet don't..

@Bear..natively they don't come with Bluetooth you have to use a doogle.. like the wireless mouse doogle..plugged into a usbport.

Also Bear..would you mind sharing a few screen snaps of you XBMC skins as I want to see how they look as I have read with interest your setup in previous posts.. I am still to touch on that subject as in thumbs on the front page, also as to thumbs images of movies and music I and still trying to get this setup right.
it kinda frustrating me a little as I am also using the Synology NAS Android apps... and they are pulling TV,video,music thumbs nicely.. so does the windows xbmc I have got going on the laptop. so this shows I have used the scrapers right. but as to both the ATV3000 and this ATV1200 I am having issues getting then load.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-04

I just exited xbmc, moved my thumbmails folder onto my external sd card. then i created a file called advancedsettings.xml with the relevant lines in it to tell xbmc where my thumbnails folder was moved too.

I'd like to help but don't have much time to do screenshots over the next few days. also im not sure what you want screenshots of?

i'm happy to tell you my setup though.

funny you should mention that though because im having issues with my thumbnails at the moment. they are all appearing fine and looking good, except when xbmc is first opened they take a full minute to appear. so im trying to get to the bottom of that issue just now.

i was thinking of starting again and trying directory bind to move my whole xbmc folder (/storage/sdcard0/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc) to my external sdcard (/sdcard/external_sdcard). would you not recommend directory bind now?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ciquta - 2013-06-04

What are the diffetrences between ATV1200 and ATV520?

Does it delivery same XMBC experience?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-06-05

After reading through the whole thread I decided the Mygica ATV1200 was a good choice for me.

It arrived yesterday, after plugging it in it took 40 mins to update, but once it did XBMC is available and seems to work for me. I am using the wired connection for to access SMB shares via XBMC. I am using the HDMI connector for audio at the moment, but I will swap to the SPDIF soon.

Thanks for all your work on making this a usable solution.

Neil