Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-04, 16:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: I just exited xbmc, moved my thumbmails folder onto my external sd card. then i created a file called advancedsettings.xml with the relevant lines in it to tell xbmc where my thumbnails folder was moved too.

I'd like to help but don't have much time to do screenshots over the next few days. also im not sure what you want screenshots of?

i'm happy to tell you my setup though.

funny you should mention that though because im having issues with my thumbnails at the moment. they are all appearing fine and looking good, except when xbmc is first opened they take a full minute to appear. so im trying to get to the bottom of that issue just now.

i was thinking of starting again and trying directory bind to move my whole xbmc folder (/storage/sdcard0/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc) to my external sdcard (/sdcard/external_sdcard). would you not recommend directory bind now?

thanks for the reply..understand about busy.. I am also that way wiht work and life..
Will be getting in to the Thumbs issue myself over the coming weeks.

The DirectoryBind situation seems to work for the shifting of the data and apart from having the Thumbs issue no other issues. Just follow the instructions as per other thread on it. Also I was reading within the DB thread that you can just copy the Directory you want to Bind to where every you want to bind it using a file explorer then Bind them..Seems to be a bit faster.

As to other's setups.. some screen shots if possible so we can see what we are missing out on.. I still have not settled on which skin is the best to use. Once again this comes to personal preference, I like the Re-Touched looked with the buttons to the side but as I cant get the thumbs to show..it is missing that finished look.

also to the guy having Wifi problems, this is a few photo's of my fix for the ATV3000.
Wifi Mod ATV3000

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-05

im not going to try directory bind because i got my issue fixed another way. i might try it down the line. at the moment i have my xbmc thumnails folder moved to my fast sdcard, but id like the whole of xbmc folders on there to see if thats even better.

quick update. my xbmc is working great now. when i open xbmc it takes about 3 seconds ans is usable straight away. my problem before was that xbmc was opening fine but the menus would get stuck if i tried to use them in the first minute and the thumbnails on the home screen (like recent movies for example) would take a full minute to appear.

i got a faster (class 10) sd card
I uninstalled xbmc and am sicking with confluence for now
i installed the latest nightly (unofficial user build) from the pivos android forum.
and setup my xbmc thumbnails to be on the new sdcard

i think my 60 second delay in xbmc becoming properly usable was because my previous sdcard with all my thumnails on it, was formatted to ntfs. i have since read that sdcards setup as ntfs can slow machines down. so my sdcard is formatted as fat32 now.

first skin i am going to try is "[mod] customizable confluence." also going to try one called "confluence modded vol2" although im sure i'll end up using the "quartz" skin again which imho is the best skin. its simple, dark, and well suited to android boxes because its a lights skin. home page is hugey customsable ie anything from favourites, so its great fr setting things up for easy access for the wife/kids/visitors etc.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - RageCrap - 2013-06-05

Is anyone having problems seeking videos using iPlayer and some other addons?

When I seek in some online videos I loose the picture but the audio remains, doesn't happen to all addons or local content.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-06-05

Also as note on a bit of speed for the box..

I still use "Seeder.apk" for memory management and also have setup "Greenify.apk" to shut down a lot of unnecessary startups.
I have a lot of Chinese Video programs,

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - jonnyhibbert - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-04, 15:15)Swindiff Wrote: Would it be technically possible to wake an android device from the off/standby state either over the network via a magic packet or via a wireless remote. I know this device can be turned on via IR with the supplied remote just curious if this is possible via the air remote, or over the LAN from a phone.

Wait, you can turn the device ON via the remote? How?

It seems to be only able to turn of via the remote, after that you have to press on the on button on the box?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-05, 10:38)dgcruzing Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 16:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: I just exited xbmc, moved my thumbmails folder onto my external sd card. then i created a file called advancedsettings.xml with the relevant lines in it to tell xbmc where my thumbnails folder was moved too.

I'd like to help but don't have much time to do screenshots over the next few days. also im not sure what you want screenshots of?

i'm happy to tell you my setup though.

funny you should mention that though because im having issues with my thumbnails at the moment. they are all appearing fine and looking good, except when xbmc is first opened they take a full minute to appear. so im trying to get to the bottom of that issue just now.

i was thinking of starting again and trying directory bind to move my whole xbmc folder (/storage/sdcard0/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc) to my external sdcard (/sdcard/external_sdcard). would you not recommend directory bind now?

thanks for the reply..understand about busy.. I am also that way wiht work and life..
Will be getting in to the Thumbs issue myself over the coming weeks.

The DirectoryBind situation seems to work for the shifting of the data and apart from having the Thumbs issue no other issues. Just follow the instructions as per other thread on it. Also I was reading within the DB thread that you can just copy the Directory you want to Bind to where every you want to bind it using a file explorer then Bind them..Seems to be a bit faster.

As to other's setups.. some screen shots if possible so we can see what we are missing out on.. I still have not settled on which skin is the best to use. Once again this comes to personal preference, I like the Re-Touched looked with the buttons to the side but as I cant get the thumbs to show..it is missing that finished look.

also to the guy having Wifi problems, this is a few photo's of my fix for the ATV3000.
Wifi Mod ATV3000

Thanks for this information... unfortunately my internet connection at work doesn't load the images... so I'll check it again at home... when I should open my atv1200 to check the antenna connection too.

Thanks for your ideas !!

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 10:53)thebearnecessit Wrote: i installed the latest nightly (unofficial user build) from the pivos android forum.

Loaded it up last night on to the ATV1200 and it feels lightening fast. let the XBMCbackup program load my backup-ed setups in to it over night.
Then this morning had a quick play. Feels good also lots more of the images are loading for me.
Not sticky like some of the other releases.. looking forward to playing with it more.

Here's the download link if others want to have a try of it.

Of course I would like to give out a big thanks for the Pivos crew for sharing their work and making the Android XBMC
more dependable as a media center option with each new release.

Download from.. http://update.pivoscdn.com/XIOS_DS/XBMC/xbmc-XIOS-Android-051013.zip
Discussion thread.. http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3411

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Swindiff - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 11:07)jonnyhibbert Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 15:15)Swindiff Wrote: Would it be technically possible to wake an android device from the off/standby state either over the network via a magic packet or via a wireless remote. I know this device can be turned on via IR with the supplied remote just curious if this is possible via the air remote, or over the LAN from a phone.

It seems to be only able to turn of via the remote, after that you have to press on the on button on the box?
You can turn it on from standby with the supplied basic IR remote, not from a wifi one though. Was wondering if it was possible to wake from standby over the LAN like you can with a PC

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 11:07)jonnyhibbert Wrote:

i used to have this problem but my new box seems fine (i can turn it on from the remote when the box is in standby ie when the box has the red light on the front).

i gave my original box to a friend and bought a new one. so im not sure if its my newer atv1200 that has the issue sorted in the hardware?

but much more likely is that geniatech have sorted the issue with the latest firmware. what firmware are you runnning (look in android settings). im on v1.03.04MX01_20130506

ie i think that means im on the firmware from 6th may 2013.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Swindiff - 2013-06-06

So now we have that sorted what about the WOL lol

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-06

no idea if its possible. you could try sticking a post on the futeko forum. they are a uk reseller that are quite good at replying to queries on their forum.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - nospamjl - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 11:00)RageCrap Wrote: Is anyone having problems seeking videos using iPlayer and some other addons?

When I seek in some online videos I loose the picture but the audio remains, doesn't happen to all addons or local content.

Yes. I'm having the same problems with iplayer and itv player.

Tried lots of things but also get black screen.

I'm using the pivos build - which one are you using.

Also happens on Rte player if you have access to that.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-06-06

Hi,

could someone help me with an issue, when I quit XBMC and shut down my mygica atv1200, XBMC looses its settings for Audio settings. But not the SMB share setup.

I have the mygica atv1200, latest mygica firmware and XBMC version 012913 from post 1.

So I need to do something else to save the settings?

Just to add, I have DTS and AC3 passthrough working perfectly on all files, SD, HD720p HD1080p.

Thanks

Neil

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - nospamjl - 2013-06-07

(2013-06-05, 11:00)RageCrap Wrote: Is anyone having problems seeking videos using iPlayer and some other addons?

Maybe cache?

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2031&start=900

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-06-07

'dgcruzing' pid='1436426' dateline='1370355540']
(2013-06-04, 03:09)ninguemrj Wrote: Additionally, I'm not able to turn on my BT (it keeps trying, but never gets on) and I'm facing extremely poor wi-fi sinal strength even 1meter beside my N-router... I'm using RJ11 cable for internet connection...

Does anyone have a clue what can be happening or how to fix it?

(the same has happening before the auto-uptade...)

Thanks,
Ricardo Jr.

Check the internal cable for the WiFi receiver within the case it is not seated properly on the socket that I would say it plugs onto..
I haven't opened up mine to see if it is the same setup as the ATV3000 but I am guessing it is.. As the I replaced the WiFi receiver on that box myself, with a far better one out of an old wireless router I had and now it picks up signal that both my phone and tablet don't..

@Bear..natively they don't come with Bluetooth you have to use a doogle.. like the wireless mouse doogle..plugged into a usbport.

Also Bear..would you mind sharing a few screen snaps of you XBMC skins as I want to see how they look as I have read with interest your setup in previous posts.. I am still to touch on that subject as in thumbs on the front page, also as to thumbs images of movies and music I and still trying to get this setup right.
it kinda frustrating me a little as I am also using the Synology NAS Android apps... and they are pulling TV,video,music thumbs nicely.. so does the windows xbmc I have got going on the laptop. so this shows I have used the scrapers right. but as to both the ATV3000 and this ATV1200 I am having issues getting then load.
[/quote]

you got it!!

my wifi problem was the internal cable connector. The inner blades from the female connector (cable) were too away from the center... so I think they were not touching the center pin of the board connector (male).

I adjust the blades and now I have a constant and strong wifi signal!

BTW, the geniatech website says ATV1200 has 11n wifi module... but it only have one antenna (no MIMO) and only connects with 54mb with my tplink N-router... Has anyone reached a higher connection rates with atv1200?

Thanks!

I know this is no a xbmc question... but was anyone able to setup a C525 logitech camera to work with our atv1200?

Geniatech page says that webcams with VID_046D, PID_0825 should work... unfortunately the C525 has VID_046D, PID_0826 info.

Does anyone know a trick to get it working?

EDIT: Analyzing dmesg, the c525 camera was recognized and installed by kernel drivers:

Code:
<6>[12897.260036@0] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device HD Webcam C525 (046d:0826)
<6>[12897.297933@0] input: HD Webcam C525 as /devices/lm0/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.2/input/input5

Using the apk "EGURU_UVCCAMERA_SAMPLE.APK" I was able to get image from my c525 via ATV 1200... But only with this app...

This is a programmer sample on how to use the v4l2 drivers from kernel...

So, I guess that android are not using the full implementation of v4l2 available in the linux kernel...

Does anyone know to tweak this?

Thanks!