Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bluemeane - 2013-06-29

SO I have moved my box from wireless to ethernet, and the box has an IP address and is connected fine but when I go to XBMC it shows an IP address of 0.0.0.0 and I can't connect to my media. Or the net...

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rl4engx - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-29, 02:10)thebearnecessit Wrote: nice one thanks for posting, but i just tried it and it crashes xbmc on my atv1200 when i try and play music form the last.fm addon.

is this an external player though? so do you lose some of the functionality whilst music is playing? or does xbmc just appear the same?

Not tried with Last.FM yet, but afaik it's an internal player I.e. it's not installed separately and configured in playercorefactory.XML There'll be a way to use another player for last.FM by a rule in this file.

On another note, anyone know why is there no CEC option in system settings -> input devices -> peripherals? (Pivos nightly)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-29, 02:47)bluemeane Wrote:
(2013-06-29, 02:23)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 23:46)bluemeane Wrote: I use the .apk that is included in the May update firmware. Music works PERFECTLY. As does everything else.

do you mean his firmware?

http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_spi_MX_20130510.zip
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_MX_20130506.zip

Yup!. that's the one. Works perfect for me.

What is the verdict guys?
Worth upgrading as yet or still full of bugs like their other firm releases?
Also is it true there is no Gapps with this version?
As a guy from the other thread at androidforums has brought it up.
if it was missing you could always try to flash one of the Gapps floating round off XDA and or flashing the Pivos extra apps add zip they have.

I will wait until I hear some more feed back from the troops before I go messing with it as I have had my hands full setting up this other HTPC.
Which to say after all the mucking round with the Android box's is soooooo much more fun as everything just works how it should..

Edit. Don't know what that other guy was on..I can see play store is loaded so it means there is access to all the Google apps..
Just loaded it up will play during the week and see how it goes..
What's the lastest and greatest XBMC people are using with it?

If you are anything like me..I like to have the bottom bar and on this build they have taken it away again..
So a good way around it is using a little program from a XDA developer called LMT.. I am using the pie and centered to the bottom..working great
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - msocratous - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-30, 11:59)dgcruzing Wrote:
(2013-06-29, 02:47)bluemeane Wrote:
(2013-06-29, 02:23)thebearnecessit Wrote: do you mean his firmware?

http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_spi_MX_20130510.zip
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_MX_20130506.zip

Yup!. that's the one. Works perfect for me.

What is the verdict guys?
Worth upgrading as yet or still full of bugs like their other firm releases?
Also is it true there is no Gapps with this version?
As a guy from the other thread at androidforums is complaining about it.
if it was missing you could always true to flash one of the Gapps floating round off XDA and or flashing the Pivos extra apps add zip they have.

I will wait until I hear some more feed back from the troops before I go messing with it as I have had my hands full setting up this other HTPC.
Which to say after all the mucking round with the Android box's is soooooo much more fun as everything just works how it should..

Edit. Don't know what that other guy was on..I can see play store is loaded so it means there is access to all the Google apps..
Just loaded it up will play during the week and see how it goes..
What's the lastest and greatest XBMC people are using with it?

If you are anything like me..I like to have the bottom bar and on this build they have taken it away again..
So a good way around it is using a little program from a XDA developer called LMT.. I am using the pie and centered to the bottom..working great
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

Hey, I am the guy from the other forum! The rom quoted in your post is not the latest 4.2 version from Geniatech. You can find the latest (which does not include Google Apps - there is a size difference of 100MB between the two versions) here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150342&pid=1452171#pid1452171

Re: RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-30, 16:37)msocratous Wrote: Hey, I am the guy from the other forum! The rom quoted in your post is not the latest 4.2 version from Geniatech. You can find the latest (which does not include Google Apps - there is a size difference of 100MB between the two versions) here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150342&pid=1452171#pid1452171

Yes, but we are talking about the latest version which is what I flashed tonight.. Which is 4.2.2
Build no. V2.01.01MX01 20130628
Which the first links are for from your link...

If you go into accounts in setup you can add your Google account..
Then open play store and pull what you want down..
I don't run too many Google apps on this box..
But got chrome going and synced..
Google settings is showing up.. (Apk for setup of Google +)
And my paid apps refreshed.. So its all working..
As I am in China and usually I have to do the VPN for my paid apps to show..
I tested it with TB pro.. And playstore verified it...
So unless you have another version you flashed?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Leema - 2013-06-30

interesting. maybe i should try it too

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-07-01

(2013-06-29, 00:11)Robikonobi Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 06:47)davilla Wrote: md5sum will tell if it's the identical build.

I updated to android version 4.2 firmware (20130610) but XBMC no longer plays video properly. The audio plays but screen remains on menus.

PS The geniatech build is actually from 4/30/2013 (see the system info section in XBMC) as opposed to the PIVOS nightlies which at this moment the latest is from June 2013 code. The Pivos nightlies build is obviously newer.

In any case, XBMC video playback is broken with the latest android firmware on the ATV1200, so stay away from now. Has anyone else gotten XBMC video playback to work with the new firmware?

Can confirm this,
I tried to do a bit streaming last night off two addons (Expattv and Flimon) and both only came through with Audio and no picture. Within both addons I tried a few different channels and none where working with video, but to confirm I also ran same Addons off the HTPC- Win64 XBMC which is connected to the other HDMI input and they worked. So it was not a addon problem but my version of XBMC-android, I need to check and post back with the version.. I think it was one of the Official Pivos XBMC Android APK (Beta Release 051013) which was working fine before with same addons. So something is borked.

Can you guys post back version numbers that are working for you so we can give them a try.

also be nice if they could implement the Team EOS Nav mode.. I sent thier support and sales an email on it as the Nav bar at the top is ugly fugly..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - border304 - 2013-07-01

(2013-06-15, 21:13)border304 Wrote: I'm certainly having the best success so far with spi_MX_20130510 and MX_20130506. Using the XBMC apk taken from the update_Mygica_A6_20130610 firmware as someone mentioned previously.
I can make the apk file available but don't have an account that readily facilitates such. I'm sure someone will suggest something easy if they want to avoid having to navigate a box in chinese with a remote that doesn't function correctly!
Shame it takes a day to import a library...

Quick update from me. Still using the above firmwares and the XBMC from the MyGica build as I linked previously. But now also with the ethernet patch fix which was re-linked again recently (thanks for that, overlooked it the first time). I'm outputting video via HDMI and audio via PCM; connected to network sources (mainly SMB) via ethernet. It is all almost perfect now and I'm ready to recommend this box to friends and family.

Still one small issue remains - on occasion the picture lags for a split second but when it resumes there is a faint banding on the picture (probably the greenish tint issue from before but now less pronounced). It is very intermittent - can happen many times on one file and then not again all day. Easy to work around though, the issue is cleared by using the 'back 7 secs' button on the Yatse remote (incidentally the power button can be configured to quit/exit the app which is quite handy as I've had issues if I didn't exit prior to powering the box down).

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rl4engx - 2013-07-01

(2013-07-01, 10:16)border304 Wrote: Still one small issue remains - on occasion the picture lags for a split second but when it resumes there is a faint banding on the picture (probably the greenish tint issue from before but now less pronounced). It is very intermittent - can happen many times on one file and then not again all day. Easy to work around though, the issue is cleared by using the 'back 7 secs' button on the Yatse remote (incidentally the power button can be configured to quit/exit the app which is quite handy as I've had issues if I didn't exit prior to powering the box down).

Have you tried a different HDMI lead, I used the same one I've had (with no issues) for a couple of years but I was getting the occasional black screen and corrupt screen/sound. Swapped the HDMI lead and it's not done it since.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Dojrude - 2013-07-01

I see mention of 24fps on the first page.
Can these devices do true 1080p 24 and 50fps playback in XBMC or are they restricted like the Ouya?

I would read the thread, but its very long.

Thanks.

WARNING!!!!
SOFT BRICK POSSIBLE IF YOU UPGRADE TO NEW FIRMWARE....

I should have waited too.. left XBMC to run over night to do the media update.. Box was locked up this morning..
Shut it down and now its stuck on the green man..
first time in ages had this happen..in fact not since the ATV3000 firmware upgrades..
thats why on that box went to Pivos firmware..
looks like another great upgrade from Geniatech.. wish they would test and test again before they release..
As they just manage to make people more pissed off with them..

Hows that button reset thing work?
I have tried a number of times.. unplug hold the button let go.. but still on the green man.. not going into recovery.
Looks like I am going to have to call then tomorrow and get my staff to ask for a fix,..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - msocratous - 2013-07-01

(2013-07-01, 14:45)dgcruzing Wrote: WARNING!!!!

I should have waited too.. left XBMC to run over night to do the media update.. Box was locked up this morning..
first time in ages had this happen..in fact not since the ATV3000 firmware upgrades..
looks like another great upgrade from Geniatech.. wish they would test and test again before they release..

I have tried a number of times.. unplug hold the button let go.. but still on the green man.. not going into recovery.
Looks like I am going to have to call then tomorrow and get my staff to yell at them,..

Unplug the device. Press the reset button and keep it pressed while plugging the power back. Wait until the led in the front becomes Green and then let go of the reset button.

(2013-07-01, 15:54)msocratous Wrote:
(2013-07-01, 14:45)dgcruzing Wrote: WARNING!!!!

Looks like I am going to have to call then tomorrow and get my staff to yell at them,..

Unplug the device. Press the reset button and keep it pressed while plugging the power back. Wait until the led in the front becomes Green and then let go of the reset button.

yup doing that, but no joy.. looks like a brick at the moment..
I have tried going back to the 05-2013 firmware.. but may have to go back further as I am thinking it is looking for one file..
something like a update.img file.. not two of them..

Thier website is a mess the way they have links to firmware in the ATV1200 downloads..
you cant tell which one to use as they have mixed them up with M1 and M3 firmwares..

Edit: even trying to go back to a MyGica single firmware from 03-2013 is no go..
Its not wanting to go in to recovery..
going to get hold of their tech support tomorrow, I may have to do some sort of hard reset.

SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED>>>FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK<<<

Waiting on Support @ Geniatech to get back to me with a fix as contacted them this morning.
Hopefully they can work some magic.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - border304 - 2013-07-01

(2013-07-01, 12:18)rl4engx Wrote:
(2013-07-01, 10:16)border304 Wrote: Still one small issue remains - on occasion the picture lags for a split second but when it resumes there is a faint banding on the picture (probably the greenish tint issue from before but now less pronounced). It is very intermittent - can happen many times on one file and then not again all day. Easy to work around though, the issue is cleared by using the 'back 7 secs' button on the Yatse remote (incidentally the power button can be configured to quit/exit the app which is quite handy as I've had issues if I didn't exit prior to powering the box down).

Have you tried a different HDMI lead, I used the same one I've had (with no issues) for a couple of years but I was getting the occasional black screen and corrupt screen/sound. Swapped the HDMI lead and it's not done it since.

Sure I can try that. I'll swap with the PS3 and see if the issue follows the lead. I probably should have done that as part of my problem determination but my mate's box does a very similar thing also.
I can now power down within XBMC and resume just fine (no black screen), so that is an improvement also.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davider - 2013-07-02

Hello, I'm using the Geniatech MX Box Android 4.1 20130506 Firmware with an external USB disk.

The disk is auto-mounted correctly on /mnt/sda1

I noticed the following issue:
- I put in standby the ATV1200 with the remote
- I power on the ATV1200 with the remote
- after few seconds the device is on I see the unmount and the mount notification
- the disk mounted on /mnt/sdb1

If I redo the power off/on the device is back to /mnt/sda1

This is an issue because XBMC will not find the files because the mount path is different.
It seems to me that mount is performed before the unmount.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it possible to change the mount path? Or to unmount before the device is powered off?