Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Bergl - 2013-07-06

(2013-07-04, 20:53)rl4engx Wrote: If anyone is having trouble getting Directory Bind to work, make sure the "Alternate DB mgmt" is ticked in prefs, and the text boxes read:

S: /sdcard/external_sdcard/DB/
T: /sdcard/Android/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/

Copy the files once you've done this, then select this new rule and "Bind Checked", and make sure the switch at the bottom right is on.

If you don't select 'alternative DB mgmt', when you start xbmc you won't have your library and plugins. :O

the easier way is to use external_sdcard with advancedsetting.xml/<pathsubstitution>, no other apps, imo.
it works fine for me. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - gomnson - 2013-07-06

Hiya guys..I need a bit of help/advice...
I have a sumvision cyclone x2..
currently on :
update_spi_MX_20130510 and update_MX_20130506

Use to have ethernet dropouts but not anymore since I installed update_Ethernet_patch_20130625.

My current xbmc installed is xbmcapp-armeabi-DroidTV-050713.apk.

Now that everything seems to be working as it should be, I was wondering if this would be possible..
I'd like to connect 4 external usb hdds to the device.. share it and have access to the shares from a windows machine so I
can copy file across to the usb disks if I need to.

If it's possible...then please how do I do it...?

Thnks..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davider - 2013-07-06

(2013-07-02, 15:40)davider Wrote: Hello, I'm using the Geniatech MX Box Android 4.1 20130506 Firmware with an external USB disk.

The disk is auto-mounted correctly on /mnt/sda1

I noticed the following issue:
- I put in standby the ATV1200 with the remote
- I power on the ATV1200 with the remote
- after few seconds the device is on I see the unmount and the mount notification
- the disk mounted on /mnt/sdb1

If I redo the power off/on the device is back to /mnt/sda1

This is an issue because XBMC will not find the files because the mount path is different.
It seems to me that mount is performed before the unmount.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it possible to change the mount path? Or to unmount before the device is powered off?

Received a fix from Geniatech, didn't test it yet:
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_spi_mx_20130704.zip SPI
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130704_eng_hdd.zip firmware

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bluemeane - 2013-07-06

(2013-07-06, 15:51)Bergl Wrote: the easier way is to use external_sdcard with advancedsetting.xml/<pathsubstitution>, no other apps, imo.
it works fine for me. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Can you show me what to put in this fileHuh As in what goes into the two lines. I have a folder on my external SD card titled "xbmc-data". So would I put the path to "userdata" in the android/ path and then the folder (and path) to the external SD card folder "xbmc-data"?

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>G:\dvds\</from>
<to>smb://somecomputer/g-share/dvds/</to> <!-- Note the difference between the usage of forward and backslashes -->
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

DO I just make a text file with only that in there and call it advancedsettings.xml?

Will this then show more than 1GB available?? It causes issues because I get messages about cache size when buffering, and when I have so many images and tv shows... It will stop scraping because it is full... But yet I have a 16GB sdcard that is almost empty.. Sad

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-07-07

heres mine:

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/sdcard/external_sdcard/xbmc/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

this tells xbmc to save its thumnails (aka cache picture files like dvd covers and fanart etc) onto my 32gb external sdcard) instead of the usual place which would be in the profile folder on the internal sdcard.

i did this because the thumbnails flder can get massive especially if you use the "artist slideshow" addon

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-07-07

does anyone have FF, RW PLAY and STOP working on this box?

i have wifi keyboards so i can just use the keyboard buttons fine, but this is no use for friends family, the wife etc.

does anyone know of any IR remotes that can do FF RW PLAY and STOP?

Re: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-07-07

@Bear..
I see sometime back you got the 0 internal bug..
Can you remember what firmware you flashed to bring it back..as your box seems to have righted itself..
As to fast forward..i was trying last night to do this with a range of players..xbmc, mx, mobi..but wasnt getting any joy..but this might also be my network..
As i just set the box up in the bedroom and its on another network domain..i.e main domain is 192.168.1.* which is where the NAS is..then the box now is goung through another router that is on 192.168.2.*.
As a note this was the only way i got get this other router to pump wifi out..thus had to set it to this..

But anyway..started a movie in main room..headed to bedroom about halfway through and couldnt get it to start at the point I wanted..

On XBMC it would show fast forwarding but when it play would go back to start of movie.. same for all the other players.

I put a bit of blame on the network stream for this problem.. will test later with the htpc in main room and see if works.

On remotes..
I have actually brought a HP windows media player remote and a usb-ir. They work well on the HTPC but have been thinking to try it in this box too..as if they work it would be a nice add on..I think they cost me about $8-10 of Taobao..

(2013-07-06, 17:44)gomnson Wrote: Hiya guys..I need a bit of help/advice...
I have a sumvision cyclone x2..
currently on :
update_spi_MX_20130510 and update_MX_20130506

Use to have ethernet dropouts but not anymore since I installed update_Ethernet_patch_20130625.

My current xbmc installed is xbmcapp-armeabi-DroidTV-050713.apk.

Now that everything seems to be working as it should be, I was wondering if this would be possible..
I'd like to connect 4 external usb hdds to the device.. share it and have access to the shares from a windows machine so I
can copy file across to the usb disks if I need to.

If it's possible...then please how do I do it...?
Thnks..

You try to set it up as a Samba share point.. I have done it for transfers before but not a dedicated media player
Samba fileshare

And or you could play around setting it up as a DLNA server...
Bubble UPnp Server

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Bergl - 2013-07-07

(2013-07-06, 23:34)bluemeane Wrote: ...
Can you show me what to put in this fileHuh As in what goes into the two lines. I have a folder on my external SD card titled "xbmc-data". So would I put the path to "userdata" in the android/ path and then the folder (and path) to the external SD card folder "xbmc-data"?
DO I just make a text file with only that in there and call it advancedsettings.xml?

Will this then show more than 1GB available?? It causes issues because I get messages about cache size when buffering, and when I have so many images and tv shows... It will stop scraping because it is full... But yet I have a 16GB sdcard that is almost empty.. Sad

my advancedsettings.xml :

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc_mediadata/</to> !--- << Folder on ext.SD-Card, in your case xbmc-data, not xbmc_mediadata
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

It´s a pure txt-file, created with Notepad++
no messages about cache or problems while fetching fanarts. I even think, scrolling through movies+series is smoother than before, without bucking.

Edit: After do this, you can copy the content of folder Thumbnails from intern to ext.SD-Card and delete the old one. new stuff will be written on ext.SD-Card in future.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - cfraser - 2013-07-08

Its cool to hear that the Geniatech developers are actively following this forum. I'm running the 0628 firmware on the ATV520 and I'm wondering if there's a forum where I can ask questions about the features they're planning on developing for their 4.2.2 implementation. I don't want to pollute this thread by asking them here.

I'm really excited about the box, and it's been a ton of fun to play with so far. Is the PIVOS XBMC build the right choice for hardware decoding for the ATV520 or should I be looking at something else?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Robikonobi - 2013-07-08

Since upgrading to the 06282013 build on my atv1200 I've lost the ability to flash to other firmware. The upgrade program no longer see any flashable images on the sd card. I can access the android os just fine but can't upgrade or downgrade. I also have not been able to boot into recovery (held button after plugging in until green). Any ideas? Has anyone else run into this problem?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-08, 03:43)Robikonobi Wrote: Since upgrading to the 06282013 build on my atv1200 I've lost the ability to flash to other firmware. The upgrade program no longer see any flashable images on the sd card. I can access the android os just fine but can't upgrade or downgrade. I also have not been able to boot into recovery (held button after plugging in until green). Any ideas? Has anyone else run into this problem?

You may have to flash the recovery that they sent me..
You could try to use a program from Market called ReBoot to recovery also it might pay to have the Chainfire - SuperUser apk apk installed..

If this doesn't get you to recovery then you might be suffering the same fate as me. which means you should read through my last few posts and the saga I had with it. You say you can get in to your android O/S which is good, but it would pay to check your partition details as per the picture I have posted. this is to check that when you flashed the upgrade you didnt get some sort of screwy partition thing going on (which I had).

here is a post by "davider" back a little where he got a fix for his HDD auto-mounted correctly on /mnt/sda1, I flashed these files myself yesterday and (note its 4.1.2) but it has corrected my partition table and I can see all partitions correctly now and so can my software.

here is the recovery I got from them if you need it..
recovery.img
https://mega.co.nz/#!f1IkCZ4Y!Wj9DZHT4zuKmG9x400zo8QlY-QtJL6PIxyJh7dXShSs

1. Copy attached file to your SD card or USB disk <<<<<<< Leave it as a .img file..

Quote:Also if you are going to downgrade...

2. Change both files of firmware 4.** you are going to flash from .img to zip.
Copy firmware 4.**. files to SD card or USB disk.

3 Press and hold the upgrade /reset button on the box
4.plug in power adapter
5.Keep holding the button for 5 seconds.
should flash the recovery and reboot in to it.

Then follow the next steps ...

1: Wiped everything 3x
2: install update http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_spi_mx_20130704.zip
3: wiped everything 3x

Important Step as confirmed by Geniatech...reboot...

4: booted.. came back to recovery..
5: Wiped everything 3x
6: Install http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130704_eng_hdd.zip

This should bring you back to a nice clean state with partitions back to how they should be.
Worked for me..

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-07-08

3 times, really. that's some voodoo there Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - cfraser - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-08, 03:43)Robikonobi Wrote: Since upgrading to the 06282013 build on my atv1200 I've lost the ability to flash to other firmware. The upgrade program no longer see any flashable images on the sd card. I can access the android os just fine but can't upgrade or downgrade. I also have not been able to boot into recovery (held button after plugging in until green). Any ideas? Has anyone else run into this problem?

I haven't tried using the upgrade button on my device to enter recovery because I don't have any other images to try. Wink

I was able to use 'adb reboot recovery' to get into recovery mode. I'm using one of the many wifi adb apps on the Market to connect to with adb over my wireless network since connecting to the box directly over USB didn't work right away.

Hope that helps.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-08, 05:24)davilla Wrote: 3 times, really. that's some voodoo there Smile

Tongue yup.. and its voodoo that is killing our partitions.. haha..

Comes from the old days of flashing phones and tablets.
only wish that Geniatech opened up a bit more and let some talented developers like
Mike1986 from Android Revolution HD get their hands on the code and give us flash-able wipes that work and roms that
make these box's sing..

Take my hat of to you Davilla and the Pivos crew for providing your customers stable releases for the box's you provide to them.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bluemeane - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-07, 11:04)Bergl Wrote:

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc_mediadata/</to> !--- << Folder on ext.SD-Card, in your case xbmc-data, not xbmc_mediadata
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

no messages about cache or problems while fetching fanarts. I even think, scrolling through movies+series is smoother than before, without bucking.

Edit: After do this, you can copy the content of folder Thumbnails from intern to ext.SD-Card and delete the old one. new stuff will be written on ext.SD-Card in future.

Can I do this with everything? Would it help or hinder? As in the entire 'userdata' folder?

(2013-07-07, 11:04)Bergl Wrote:

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

How do i do it for multiple paths? Do I just add another 'From and to'? Like this?

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/Thumbnails
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/addon_data
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks in advance.