Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-07-12

anyone know what file system should i format my sdcard with?

(2013-06-28, 21:46)rl4engx Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 21:41)thebearnecessit Wrote: as far as i know everyone is getting music stuttering with the xbmc apk's from both pivos and geniatech.

If you select a track and use context menu, then 'play using' DVDPlayer, it loads quicker, no skip, but get this, it sounds way better too. Much more presence. I just need to figure out what to put in playercorefactory, can anyone assist? DVDPlayer for all audio.

EDIT: OK folks try this, I dunno what formats DVDPlayer can play but I know mp3's sound 1000% better on it and don't skip: Feel free to fix! I don't think dvdplayer supports crossfade tho.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule audio="true" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

just a quick update from my perspective on the audio stutter issue.

I use the firmware from geniatech called 20130506 or something. depending on which xbmc apk i use I get a slight but frequent stuttering when listening to music.

2 possible solutions that people have posted on this thread that have worked for me:

1) use the xbmc apk that is in the mygica firmware (details on how to do this are in the thread somewhere but you just download the zip file and pen it on a pc and find the xbmc apk file and get that onto your android box and install it)

2) but my preferred methos is the one ive quoted above. to me the xbmc apk form pivos is the best by miles but its one serious flaw on this box is the music stutter. i can be fixed by createting a file called playercorefactory.xml and putting the above quoted text in it. then put the file onto the atv1200 in the xbmc userdata folder and restart xbmc. im using the last.fm xbmc addon just now streaming music and it sounds great.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - seven7 - 2013-07-12

Hi,
how can set the Default Launcher for ever ?
I have install the ADW Launcher and the Box is startet, i can not Select the ADW Launcher !!

Seven7

i think in settings - apps - you can delete the cache for each launcher.

that way android forgets which is the default.

so next time you reboot you should be offered a choice of launchers and then you can click on "always"

Re: RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-12, 17:59)thebearnecessit Wrote: i think in settings - apps - you can delete the cache for each launcher.

that way android forgets which is the default.

so next time you reboot you should be offered a choice of launchers and then you can click on "always"

Actually on cache..thought I would pipe up on this one..

Its related to XBMC cache..not so easy to wipe..but if you start having streaming problems,
ie. A "not enough room in your cache' error...
Then use the XBMChub maintenance addon.
There's a command in there to do a wipe and it won't affect any step up type things.

I am surprised its not like a standard type command within XBMC settings as its a important on on these low memory type boxes.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Starstream - 2013-07-13

There's a launcher manager available on Google Play store.

TV Launcher is a pretty good front end for Android TV devices, has an XBMC tile too.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-13, 17:52)Starstream Wrote: There's a launcher manager available on Google Play store.

TV Launcher is a pretty good front end for Android TV devices, has an XBMC tile too.

be warned i tried tv launcher on my atv1200 and it wouldn't work. contacted the creator of the tv launcher app and he said he's aware of the error and is trying to fix it, but that was about 6 months ago

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - acegis - 2013-07-14

Hi, my brand new Geniatech after 2 days is not working any-more, only red led is on, the yellow is flashing... any ideas what it might be?
Tried to reset, reboot etc, connect AV instead of HDMI - nothing Sad

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-14, 17:51)acegis Wrote: Hi, my brand new Geniatech after 2 days is not working any-more, only red led is on, the yellow is flashing... any ideas what it might be?

Last I remember, this is xbmc forums and not Geniatech tech support Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - silverblack - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-12, 14:44)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 21:46)rl4engx Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 21:41)thebearnecessit Wrote: as far as i know everyone is getting music stuttering with the xbmc apk's from both pivos and geniatech.

If you select a track and use context menu, then 'play using' DVDPlayer, it loads quicker, no skip, but get this, it sounds way better too. Much more presence. I just need to figure out what to put in playercorefactory, can anyone assist? DVDPlayer for all audio.

EDIT: OK folks try this, I dunno what formats DVDPlayer can play but I know mp3's sound 1000% better on it and don't skip: Feel free to fix! I don't think dvdplayer supports crossfade tho.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule audio="true" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

just a quick update from my perspective on the audio stutter issue.

I use the firmware from geniatech called 20130506 or something. depending on which xbmc apk i use I get a slight but frequent stuttering when listening to music.

2 possible solutions that people have posted on this thread that have worked for me:

1) use the xbmc apk that is in the mygica firmware (details on how to do this are in the thread somewhere but you just download the zip file and pen it on a pc and find the xbmc apk file and get that onto your android box and install it)

2) but my preferred methos is the one ive quoted above. to me the xbmc apk form pivos is the best by miles but its one serious flaw on this box is the music stutter. i can be fixed by createting a file called playercorefactory.xml and putting the above quoted text in it. then put the file onto the atv1200 in the xbmc userdata folder and restart xbmc. im using the last.fm xbmc addon just now streaming music and it sounds great.

Cheers buddy that worked for me.Had problems getting the file onto the box but that's another problem.
For some reason my SD card cant be used so have to use USB stick for external storage.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ntfs - 2013-07-14

Also thanks. My ATV1200 also works with this "trick" ;-)
And i have the same problems with the external SD-Card :-(

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rl4engx - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-09, 20:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: regarding my question on FF RW PLAY and STOP - are we honestly saying that no-one at all has go a remote where they can simply press the FF / RW / PLAY / STOP buttons?

If I enable HDMI-CEC on my Samsung TV, it picks the ATV1200 up as a HDMI-CEC source called (from memory) "mp8100". So, using the Samsung telly remote, I navigate to this HDMI-CEC source, then from there can use the normal Up/Down/Left/Right/OK/Back/Play/Stop/Pause etc. on the Samsung telly remote. I'm pretty sure fast forward works too, so it's good for the less tech savvy. Probably works with other makes, but be warned every make calls it something different, I think Samsung is "AnyNet" or something.

I still use a bluetooth keyboard with touchpad for when I need it, context menus and show codec information etc.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rl4engx - 2013-07-15

Just a quick note but I moved all my userdata to external (Class IV) SD card I had lying around but xbmc started performing really slowly, and I think it might have broken my plugins too (they just say 'loading..." at bottom right then nothing appears). So I've moved it back to internal, I'm guessing if I just move thumbnails over using the advancedsettings.xml this should fix it? I.e. run the addons etc. from internal.

Anyone using the external sd swap and can confirm it's smooth loading thumbs and in addons etc? Are you using a Class 10 card? And are you moving all userdata or just thumbs?

TIA Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-07-15

i just moved thumbs and its working great. i bought a very fast sdcard (class10) and moved xbmc thumbs onto it (for those that don't know the xbmc thumbs is a folder of every image that xbmc every shows on screen (so its just an image cache). i used the trick where you put a couple lines in the advancedsettings.xml file to tell xbmc where to put the thumbs. and you copy the thumbs to the new (sdcard) location before you open xbmc again.

this is working great for me. i prefer to keep as few addons as possible in xbmc on the android box anyway so my xbmc folder doesn't get too big anyway.

i haven't tried the method for moving all of the xbmc folder (called directory bind).

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - gboijhpok - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-14, 19:54)davilla Wrote:
(2013-07-14, 17:51)acegis Wrote: Hi, my brand new Geniatech after 2 days is not working any-more, only red led is on, the yellow is flashing... any ideas what it might be?

Last I remember, this is xbmc forums and not Geniatech tech support Smile

I think you can contact Geniatech support [email protected]