Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - @Row - 2013-08-14

An update is pushed out today. Changelog includes apparently fixing the ethernet bug amongst other things. Haven't been able to check the update for myself as I have to reconnect the box back to a HDMI source. (Unfortunately each update wipes the box and resorts to YUV but the TV where I use the box is only CVBS).

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - tienlequoc - 2013-08-14

New firmware - upgrade OTA-- Updating......

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-08-14

Just finished the update and it has bricked my box. It stops at installing app 9/13, angry birds. Rebooting it causes it to start the app install again and still gets stuck.

Any one else got this?

Neil

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - @Row - 2013-08-14

There's a new optional Metro style launcher/interface which is rather nice. It also includes version 12.2 of XBMC which is working with the add ons I typically use so I probably won't switch to one of the other builds available.

Installation went fine for me when I switched to a HDMI source.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - shivup - 2013-08-14

Same here.. Installation went fine.. It has Metro Launcher.. It looks cool.. Mine ATV1200 came with fly remote

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/673900382_2/T2-Air-Fly-Mouse-2-4G-3D-Motion-Stick-Remote-PC-Mouse-for-TV-Box-TV.jpg

is there anyway to turn off and on device with power key on this remote.. ?
and one more think.. does anyone know if I can use this "menu" key next to "back" button on remote with "contextmenu" on xbmc.. I tried remaping keys under userdata/keymap/keyboard.xml but no help.. its not working..
I also have MELE F10 remote.. I am more concern about "contextmenu" key to work on xbmc with my both remote.. does any1 have any idea how to do itHuh

Thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-08-14

I reinstalled the firmware from the SD card, worked second time around.

Neil

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - 4grom - 2013-08-15

Anybody can post it the link to the new firmware? Thank you.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Barcaeagle - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-14, 17:14)no8080 Wrote: Just finished the update and it has bricked my box. It stops at installing app 9/13, angry birds. Rebooting it causes it to start the app install again and still gets stuck.

Any one else got this?

Neil

Newbie here .... Was running Pivos latest build with adds ons like a dream.Then certain add-ons would not resolve at all.

So checked for update or upgrade ... found the latest automatically .... updated and of course .... lost everything.

Fired up the box .... tried to reload adds ons via zip.

Dependencies not met ..... HELP Please

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 11:00)Barcaeagle Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 17:14)no8080 Wrote: Just finished the update and it has bricked my box. It stops at installing app 9/13, angry birds. Rebooting it causes it to start the app install again and still gets stuck.

Any one else got this?

Neil

Newbie here .... Was running Pivos latest build with adds ons like a dream.Then certain add-ons would not resolve at all.

So checked for update or upgrade ... found the latest automatically .... updated and of course .... lost everything.

Fired up the box .... tried to reload adds ons via zip.

Dependencies not met ..... HELP Please

So just to be clear, your box boots up but you are having trouble installing add-ons to XBMC? You may need to remove the XBMC installed by the firmware and use the Pivios build.

The version of XBMC on the new firmware has changed, it is V12.2, it also seems to have extra add-ons installed by default. It seems to work very well, I have 720p decoding, not tried 1080p yet. Sound passes through from the coax out using DTS or DD passthrough ok. So I have no need to use the pivios build any more. Plus this version of XBMC does not have the exiting issues the Pivios build had. The ethernet issue is also solved now, plus the ethernet performance seems better than the ethernet patch that was released a while back. Fast forward and rewind work fine from the supplied remote too.

I would say so far the new firmware is good, without needing tweaking.

My only complaint is that I wish the XBMC databased was backed up automatically before a firmware upgrade, as it takes several hours to rebuild my database.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Leema - 2013-08-15

New firmware runs great here also so far. Now we only need 4.2 next Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - 4grom - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 07:38)4grom Wrote: Anybody can post it the link to the new firmware? Thank you.

Maybe those who have at least the name of the firmware file that is loaded when you upgrade? SPI I found.

Re: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-08-15

Sounds good..looking forward to hearing more reports before I jump in as thier last update had major problems attached.

Keep the reports coming guys as plenty will feed off them. .

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - silverblack - 2013-08-15

Just updated mine OTA really like the new metro look.
XBMC seems more stable too now found all my shares straight away.
Will be testing it out over the weekend.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Bergl - 2013-08-15

Hi,

the box has downloaded the new firmware and wants reboot in update/recovery-mode, but it boots in normal android-mode (no fw-change) and begins to say again "new firmware, downloading... reboot..." and so on.
I try unsuccessful start manually the recovery-mode by pressing+hold the reset-button during power_on --> blackscreen, box freez. In normal Android works all fine.

I think, the recovery/update-system or bootloader is broken. Is there any chance, to fix this?

regards
Bergi

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - informer25 - 2013-08-15

Updated my ATV1200 last night with no problems. Like the new metro look/menus. Going to play around with it some more tonight.