Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kw1965 - 2013-09-30

Here is something worth looking into for XBMC compatibility or different smart players etc

http://www.iboum.com/artkill/xbmc.php

As the XBMC compatibility is inaccurate then it does list many Smart Boxes.

Also could those in charge please add a "strike through words" for those who cannot delete their threads, proven to be inaccurate.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Ned Scott - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-30, 22:21)kw1965 Wrote: Here is something worth looking into for XBMC compatibility or different smart players etc

http://www.iboum.com/artkill/xbmc.php

That's almost entirely inaccurate.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kw1965 - 2013-10-01

I think I will wait for the ATV1800

http://www.geniatech.com/news/atv1800-quad-core-xbmc-tv-box.asp

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - lb4406 - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-28, 12:51)kw1965 Wrote: If there are anyone in the UK who has the MyGica ATV1200, I would like to know if the following from Google Play Store works and how smooth via the telephone/broadband and NOT the Fiber Optic one. BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and TVCatchup

Iplayer works fine very smooth on my 16 meg dsl - not sure if it was in hd or not mind you.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Marsbar - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-01, 21:37)lb4406 Wrote:
(2013-09-28, 12:51)kw1965 Wrote: If there are anyone in the UK who has the MyGica ATV1200, I would like to know if the following from Google Play Store works and how smooth via the telephone/broadband and NOT the Fiber Optic one. BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and TVCatchup

Iplayer works fine very smooth on my 16 meg dsl - not sure if it was in hd or not mind you.

For me, the 4OD app runs but won't play any video Sad. The 4OD xbmc plugin also fails.

ITVPlayer and iPlayer work, although iPlayer gets a little unhappy if I try to play from a point other than the start.

Haven't tried tvcatchup, what's the point? I have a tv tuner for that Smile

I have the Sumvision version, in case you care.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kw1965 - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-02, 11:55)Marsbar Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 21:37)lb4406 Wrote:

For me, the 4OD app runs but won't play any video Sad. The 4OD xbmc plugin also fails.

ITVPlayer and iPlayer work, although iPlayer gets a little unhappy if I try to play from a point other than the start.

Haven't tried tvcatchup, what's the point? I have a tv tuner for that Smile

I have the Sumvision version, in case you care.

Thank you Marsbar and I do care as I did have a look at the Sumvision X2 but had decided not to go for it as Sumvision X2 does not support XBMC

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Marsbar - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-02, 14:27)kw1965 Wrote: Thank you Marsbar and I do care as I did have a look at the Sumvision X2 but had decided not to go for it as Sumvision X2 does not support XBMC

For what it's worth, although sumvision don't provide tech support on xbmc, they do provide a download of the hardware-accelerated version on their website (http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclone-android-x-2/#support - I imagine it's the same as the Geniatech one?) it works just fine. It certainly played a 23GB 1080 mkv taken as a test from the Dark City Blu-ray perfectly.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - hmally123 - 2013-10-02

How's this unit running aeon nox? and playing dts/dd through receiver?

I'm thinking of buying one of these because I need a component port for my projector. Also which one should I get the my gica or sumvision version?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - moamoa - 2013-10-02

(2013-09-29, 22:03)kw1965 Wrote: Does anyone have a HiMedia Q5-II Dual Core Blue Ray 3D Dual Launcher Android HD 1080P WiFi Media Player TV Box as I would like to know if the XBMC works with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/HiMedia-Q5-II-Launcher-Android-Player/dp/B00F4PWNDI/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1380482997&sr=1-3#productDetails

Yes, I do.

Sad It's works but not well enough on 1080p, skipping all over the shop. Guess it's not hardware decoding! Sad totally pissed off.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themighty - 2013-10-03

I'm having major issues with my WiFi and this box. It doesn't always seem to find my router. When it does find a signal, the WiFi bars stay grey instead of blue for a long time. Then, even if the bars are blue it is still extremely slow or doesn't get any connection. Right now, for example, I get the error message "there was a problem with your network" when using YouTube. I get around 1 or 2 bars, even though the router is just one room away. When I put my android next to the box, my phone shows that I'm getting 3/4 bars of WiFi. Can anyone help? It makes it impossible to use XBMC well without a good connection. None of my other devices have this problem.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-03, 20:42)themighty Wrote: I'm having major issues with my WiFi and this box. It doesn't always seem to find my router. When it does find a signal, the WiFi bars stay grey instead of blue for a long time. Then, even if the bars are blue it is still extremely slow or doesn't get any connection. Right now, for example, I get the error message "there was a problem with your network" when using YouTube. I get around 1 or 2 bars, even though the router is just one room away. When I put my android next to the box, my phone shows that I'm getting 3/4 bars of WiFi. Can anyone help? It makes it impossible to use XBMC well without a good connection. None of my other devices have this problem.

It's not recommended to use the Wifi on this box, it has a lot of issues. The LAN port is quite stable now and is what you needed to use, especially if you want to use 720p or 1080p video.

Neil

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themighty - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-04, 09:52)no8080 Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 20:42)themighty Wrote: I'm having major issues with my WiFi and this box. It doesn't always seem to find my router. When it does find a signal, the WiFi bars stay grey instead of blue for a long time. Then, even if the bars are blue it is still extremely slow or doesn't get any connection. Right now, for example, I get the error message "there was a problem with your network" when using YouTube. I get around 1 or 2 bars, even though the router is just one room away. When I put my android next to the box, my phone shows that I'm getting 3/4 bars of WiFi. Can anyone help? It makes it impossible to use XBMC well without a good connection. None of my other devices have this problem.

It's not recommended to use the Wifi on this box, it has a lot of issues. The LAN port is quite stable now and is what you needed to use, especially if you want to use 720p or 1080p video.

Neil

That's a shame. The box isn't in a room where it can be connected to the LAN. Does anyone know if a WiFi dongle would work to improve the WiFi connection?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-10-04

You could use a powerline adaptor, this is what I use to connect my box.

As long as you choose a powerline adaptor with a high transfer speed it should work well, as long as you don't cross floors/MCBs with the adaptors. Any of the newer Homeplug AV2 versions should work well. Ideally you should keep the 2 plugs on the same floor, but experimenting will determine how far you can go with the other plug. The newer Homeplug AV2 adaptors may cross floors/MCBs better than the old versions of adaptor.

The other option is a dual band N wireless bridge accessing a dual band N wireless AP.

Neil

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themighty - 2013-10-06

Thanks for the advice. I placed a WiFi extender right next to the ATV1200 and that seems to have done the trick.

What version of XBMC are most people using at the moment?

Also, is there a way of getting my information to load faster on XBMC. For example, I've updated my library to include all the films on my hard drive, but when I scroll through the the films the DVD cover and fan art doesn't always load that quickly.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-10-06

XBMC V12.2 from the latest firmware build seems the most stable and fastest. everything works well except for the video skips when outputting multichannel sound, I am testing this at the moment. File access over SMB seems to be the cause, as local files on the SD card run better. I have just upgraded my connection to gigabit switches, although I am not sure if the box is gigabit or megabit. Next I am testing NFS shares to see if that helps as well.

As for speed, there were a few tricks on the pivios forum regarding moving XBMC to the SD card.

Neil