Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - snoopy78 - 2013-12-15

Hello msebbe,

i 've got the same issue as you and i ordered this cable:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/360673955401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

when it's here (after! x-mas) i can tell you if it works..

br
snoopy78

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - msebbe - 2013-12-15

(2013-12-15, 14:10)snoopy78 Wrote: Hello msebbe,

i 've got the same issue as you and i ordered this cable:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/360673955401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

when it's here (after! x-mas) i can tell you if it works..

br
snoopy78

Hi! Ok. I've ordered that cable aswell! And it should be here on either Tuesday or Wednesday!

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-12-16

google 'aml_autoscript'

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Biatsch - 2013-12-16

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.de/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=121212075055

I used that one with max 232 chip and then a usb to com
cable

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - msebbe - 2013-12-18

(2013-12-16, 22:51)Biatsch Wrote: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.de/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=121212075055

I used that one with max 232 chip and then a usb to com
cable

Okey. I have tried with my cable now... Its really hard to get the 3 cables to fit and idk if they are even working.. Because It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A device which does not exist was specified."

This thing is really going on my nerves now, spent hours to try n fix it!!!! gahhh

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Eye in the sky - 2013-12-18

(2013-12-13, 09:56)msebbe Wrote: My ATV1200 is dead Sad(( Just a solid red light when i start it.. Have tried billions of times to reset it and no result Sad

Same here, dead as a doornail.Sad

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Biatsch - 2013-12-19

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

first try .....
"update for MX 20130805 boot card box.rar"......(unzip and read description)..... dont Forget to "run uboot_MX.cmd" when copied to sd.... and wait round about 2 mins the box will start up recovery and Flash Image automaticaly
if that didn`t work u need a rs232 cable to ttl with max 232 chip .and a usb to Serial converter if your board hasn`t got a com port......
unzip and read description for ....."HOW TO BURN IMAGE ATV1200.rar"..... follow description step by step, watch if everything is on sd, control boudrate and bits when connecting

if that won`t work contact Geniatech Support..... they helped me out and send me that files

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-12-20

Does anyone have already tested the 20130928 firmware version?

In the mygica website, it says the firmware was released only in Dez. 10th...

http://mygica.com/download.asp?id=206

Ricardo Jr.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Basinus - 2013-12-20

@ ninguemrj
Oct. 12th is meant. Try firmware, is staible running well. Launcher is not my prefered one, choose one from play store.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - zvonacfirst - 2013-12-24

Hello.
I recently bought an MyGica ATV1200. It has XBMC preinstalled, but i don't know what version is it. I think is Frodo. How do I know?
I have a issue with 3D movies playback. I have an TV Samsung 46F6400, with 3D engine. Until now I played 3D movies by another player and hadn't any problem.
With my new ATV1200 the 3D image has a large gap between the those two 2D images (almost 5cm) and TV Samsung can't compose a properly 3D image. The image is not sharp even with 3D glasses.
Also the 3D subtitles are displayed wrong.

With the Android built in mediaplayer everything is fine, excepting the 3D subtitles.

I heard that XBMC 13 Gotham hasn't any problems with 3D movies and their subtitles. Is true what I heard?

Can I install Gotham on ATV1200? How can I do that?

Thank you.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kgonla - 2013-12-26

Hello guys

I have been testing xbmc linux on cyclone x2 and I wanted to share.

I use a samba nas over ethernet, optical cable for audio and full hd video output, everithing works just fine. I have installed several skins(metrolis, aeon nox, xperience 1080...) and plugins like opensubtittles or hd trailers and I have not experienced any problem.
I have seen several movies in mkv 1080p, micro hd, divx movies, mp4 files and mp3 albums also... everithing works fine.
The 1080p real output is very smooth, much more than the scaled from android version.
In andorid I used a bluetooth keyboard+touchpad or a rf-wireless mouse+keyboard, but no one of this works now. The IR remote and the remote xmbc android phone app works well.

Sometimes the system hangs on boot, but on the second try always boot without problems.

I installed the system from the sd card and now the system need the sd to boot, if I release the sd card the system never boots. So the sd card is no longer available to use.

My overall impression is really good. I just hope to have bluetooth support or usb keyboard/mouse in the near future.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themighty - 2013-12-29

I'm having a problem with XBMC on my ATV1200. Every time I tried to play a video the app would crash, so uninstalled and reinstalled it. Since then, videos are playing fine when I select the file, but I'm not able to ass the movies to the Movies library. I add my movie folder, but when it starts to scan my library none of the movies are added as Movies. It scans the first video file, but doesn't make any progress. Can anyone help. I'm not sure which version of XBMC I installed, but I think it was the most recent one linked in this thread. Is there a better one I should try?

kgonla - How did you install xbmc linux on your box? I'm starting to think it might be a better soloution after the problems I've been having with the android version.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Merlin - 2013-12-30

Instructions to install are also in the download:

1.Copy all files into SD/TF card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
recovery.img
MX_LINUX-STVMX-update.zip

2.Insert SD/TF card into the box - can't use USB disk.

3.Press and hold the upgrade button,then plug in power adapter;

4.Hold the button for about 10 seconds,then loosen it;

5.there is no any display for 2 mins,(pls don't power off) then, upgrading screen will appear;

6.After finished, the box will restart.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Merlin - 2013-12-30

(2013-12-06, 11:25)gboijhpok Wrote: Hi Guys,

Here is Geniatech Linux XBMC system alpha version for their dual core box(not compatible with dual core dongle,such as ATV120), if you are interest in Linux XBMC, update and tell your suggestion.

MX_BOX-Linux_XBMC20131205
For dual core box, such as ATV1200, ATV520, ATV400, ATV360,,,,

And, tested below:
1.Played 1080P video smoothly.
2.samba function works ok
3.Airplay function works ok
4.Remote control function works ok
5.Can download and install Add ons.
6.Support Geniatech IR and RF remote control

Known issues:
1. It can not enter into system sometimes, have to replug power adapter.
2. If you only has RF remote control without up/down/left/right button, have to connect a USB keyboard and press up/down/left/right button to enable option" Enable mouse and Touch Screen support" in system->system->Input devices first, then, RF remote control or USB mouse can work.
3.The power button on hardware has no function
4.Can not support RMVB videos
5.Some buttons on IR remote control can not work, such as Home, menu.
6.The screen is out of TV(on some TV),need adjust screen size in system setting by manual.
7.Only DIM can work in Screen protection setting, if select others, you will get black screen, have to restart the device.

If you want to revert to android 4.1, here has instrcution:

For dual core box: HowToRevertToBox4.1

Well I think I have a solution for 2 of the above problems, though I don't own this box so cannot test it.

2. If you only has RF remote control without up/down/left/right button, have to connect a USB keyboard and press up/down/left/right button to enable option" Enable mouse and Touch Screen support" in system->system->Input devices first, then, RF remote control or USB mouse can work.

In this file:
/system/usr/share/xbmc/system/guisettings.xml

Change:
<enablemouse>false</enablemouse>

To:
<enablemouse>true</enablemouse>

5. Some buttons on IR remote control can not work, such as Home, menu.

Android remote config here.

Overwrite the existing one:
/system/etc/xbmc/remote.conf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is unrelated, but thought you might want to change the default splash screen, which is:

/system/usr/share/xbmc/media/Splash.png

Included splash is 1280 x 720, but don't know if this matters :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if the /system partition is writable or not, but if not you may need to run this command via ssh to enable read-write mode:

mount -o remount,rw /system

And then this when finished to revert to read-only:

mount -o remount,ro /system

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-12-30

Gotham nightlies have amcodec enabled now. Merry Christmas from Pivos.