Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 (/showthread.php?tid=152888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - dlake02 - 2013-01-21

Hi

I've updated the ITV Player plugin to fix a couple of issues and introduce the wonderful (?) new ITV logo. Bet they're glad they spent so much cash on that....

I've also had to change the googlecode site due to some other issues, so you should go HERE for all you ITV Player desires.

That is http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-itvplayer/

Before you raise an issue, please, please please check the following:

1) Is you RTMPDump the very latest - i.e. compiled from the rtmpdump git if not Frodo

2) Are you in the UK ? If not, please make sure that whatever means you are using to bypass archaic rules of national boundaries work before you post.

3) If you've checked the above, supply a full DEBUG LOG.

Thanks - enjoy.

D

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Eye in the sky - 2013-01-21

I get this message: "add-on does not have correct structure".

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - mikey1234 - 2013-01-21

he packaged it up wrong here you go

http://www.multiupload.nl/P9ABG87EOM

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - dlake02 - 2013-01-21

OK - I repackaged it and I think it should be correct now...

Sorry !

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - nickshe89 - 2013-01-21

thanks for update

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - dan98 - 2013-01-23

Seems to work great - Thanks!

Re: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - hasselhof - 2013-01-23

Working great here on xbmcbuntu. Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - rich.h - 2013-01-26

Just wondering if there will be a change to this app so that it works in android? So far none of the builds I have tried work with the android xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - nasimdejai2000 - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-26, 00:00)rich.h Wrote: Just wondering if there will be a change to this app so that it works in android? So far none of the builds I have tried work with the android xbmc.
Same here.I've never been able to make this plugin work on android version of XBMC. Tried everything possible but to no avail. Please, help the rest of us using XBMC on android, would love to view ITV catch up programmes. Thanks

(2013-01-21, 12:31)dlake02 Wrote: Hi

I've updated the ITV Player plugin to fix a couple of issues and introduce the wonderful (?) new ITV logo. Bet they're glad they spent so much cash on that....

I've also had to change the googlecode site due to some other issues, so you should go HERE for all you ITV Player desires.

1) Is you RTMPDump the very latest - i.e. compiled from the rtmpdump git if not Frodo

2) Are you in the UK ? If not, please make sure that whatever means you are using to bypass archaic rules of national boundaries work before you post.

Thanks - enjoy.

D
When you say RTMPDump,what did you mean? How do I go about updating it on the android version of XBMC? By the way I'm on frodo rc-3 running on stock jelly bean 4.2.1 on GN 10.also based in the UK

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - nasimdejai2000 - 2013-01-27

<settings>
<setting id="proxy_pass" value="" />
<setting id="proxy_port" value="" />
<setting id="proxy_server" value="" />
<setting id="proxy_type" value="0" />
<setting id="proxy_use" value="false" />
<setting id="proxy_user" value="" />
<setting id="subtitles_control" value="false" />
<setting id="video_stream" value="0" />
</settings>
Is the above set of codes right for the "settings.xml"file found under /use data/addon data/ directory folder cos in the last line <setting id="video_stream" value="0" /> value is equal to 0.
When a video is selected to play in ITV player, it just displays "loading stream info" and "now playing"at the top left corner of the screen and then the texts disappears without loading any of the videos. That's been the issue with the plugin on XBMC android

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - dlake02 - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 08:18)nasimdejai2000 Wrote: <settings>
</settings>
Is the above set of codes right for the "settings.xml"file found under /use data/addon data/ directory folder cos in the last line <setting id="video_stream" value="0" /> value is equal to 0.
When a video is selected to play in ITV player, it just displays "loading stream info" and "now playing"at the top left corner of the screen and then the texts disappears without loading any of the videos. That's been the issue with the plugin on XBMC android

Yes - that is correct.

Logfile ?

(2013-01-27, 07:51)nasimdejai2000 Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 00:00)rich.h Wrote: Just wondering if there will be a change to this app so that it works in android? So far none of the builds I have tried work with the android xbmc.
Same here.I've never been able to make this plugin work on android version of XBMC. Tried everything possible but to no avail. Please, help the rest of us using XBMC on android, would love to view ITV catch up programmes. Thanks

Thanks - enjoy.

D
When you say RTMPDump,what did you mean? How do I go about updating it on the android version of XBMC? By the way I'm on frodo rc-3 running on stock jelly bean 4.2.1 on GN 10.also based in the UK

In the case of *nix based systems (such as Android), librtmp.so.0 is usually the culprit. Now I have no idea (because I'm not an Android user) how rtmpdump gets bundled, but my guess is that the stock librtmp.so.0 is based on an old version of RTMPDump.

And again, because I'm not an Android user, I'm not sure how you would go about updating that - as it is *nix, I would go through the normal steps of grabbing the latest git clone of RTMPDump, satisfying the dependencies and building a new rtmpdump with associated librtmp.so.0. Then move this across to where-ever libraries are held on Android and try again.

HTH.

D

Re: RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - nasimdejai2000 - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 17:37)dlake02 Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 08:18)nasimdejai2000 Wrote: <settings>
</settings>

Yes - that is correct.

Logfile ?

(2013-01-27, 07:51)nasimdejai2000 Wrote:

Thanks - enjoy.

D

In the case of *nix based systems (such as Android), librtmp.so.0 is usually the culprit. Now I have no idea (because I'm not an Android user) how rtmpdump gets bundled, but my guess is that the stock librtmp.so.0 is based on an old version of RTMPDump.

And again, because I'm not an Android user, I'm not sure how you would go about updating that - as it is *nix, I would go through the normal steps of grabbing the latest git clone of RTMPDump, satisfying the dependencies and building a new rtmpdump with associated librtmp.so.0. Then move this across to where-ever libraries are held on Android and try again.

HTH.

D

Thanks for replying. I wouldn't even know what to do concerning RTMPDump update. I'll just wait still someone Cann find a simple solution

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player - Now 2.01 - dlake02 - 2013-02-27

New version 2.01.

I noticed that the previous plugin wasn't always updating to the latest programmes.

It turns out that ITV have introduced their paywall for older content - luckily, most of the new content is available for quite a while.

Here you go:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-itvplayer/downloads/list

D

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - privado - 2013-02-27

good work mate as always, appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player - Now 2.01 - hasselhof - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 03:25)dlake02 Wrote: New version 2.01.

I noticed that the previous plugin wasn't always updating to the latest programmes.

It turns out that ITV have introduced their paywall for older content - luckily, most of the new content is available for quite a while.

Here you go:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-itvplayer/downloads/list

D

Hi dlake02, thanks for the update, working a treat here.
I'm testing on windows xp, itvplayer v2.01, confluence skin.
I have found one episode that give me a script error supergran series 1 episode 2 see log
I've tested it in a web browser and the episode plays fine.