Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 (/showthread.php?tid=152888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - chrissxuk - 2022-08-18

I just tested mine and it doesn't work for me either. I can't say when it did last work for me though because I never use it anymore but I am using the same hotfix.

The reason I don't use it is I switched to using STV (via catch-up tv and more) for ITV shows,  it doesn't have all shows but all the popular ones. I switched because catch-up tv and more STV shows are 1080p HD much better than this ITV add-on. 

If you want to try catch-up tv and more you will need to use the latest beta version though because that has only recently been fixed. That's the problem with ITV/STV they are constantly changing things at the source. 

Here are the instructions for catch-up tv and more, make sure you install the beta version.  https://catch-up-tv-and-more.github.io/installation/

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Mickeyluv - 2022-08-18

Thanks. I do sometimes use Catchup TV and more, but Junk and Disorderly (and other Henry Cole programmes) isn't listed. I didn't know about the fix - that would explain why I get problems with Catchup TV - I'll install the beta version.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - AlanWardrobe - 2022-08-18

(2022-08-18, 10:14)Mickeyluv Wrote: kodi-addon-itv-release_3.0.2-hotfix has been working perfectly, but last night it gave an error and does not play when selecting any programme from the list. Program titles and descriptions are all fine, plus all the recent programmes are shown. I'm in the UK, so no issues with location. Is this just me, or has anyone else got the same problem?

Yes it's same for me, I did the hotfix above and it's been working for 5 months, but yesterday it broke down. Checking the logs all I see at the moment is an error like:

Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.itv/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.itv.com%2Fhub%2Fclassic-coronation-street%2F1a0694a5033&mode=3&name=Classic+Coronation+Street++-+17%2F08%2F2022+13%3A50&iconimage=https%3A%2F%2Fhubimages.itv.com%2Fepisode%2F1_0694_5033%3Fw%3D512%26h%3D288]

As you say, all the episodes and shows are there so it doesn't seem like a problem to do with chopping up the page and finding the shows, like it was last time. The URL looks reasonable so I'm unsure what the problem is, maybe they've changed the encoder or the format of the URL used to play. I  will turn on debug and try to get some more info from the add-on. The shows play fine on a desktop so certainly no issue with the streams in general. The images for individual episodes still appear too.

Really annoying as I was watching something yesterday around 10am, I stopped and came back at 10pm, it bookmarked where I was up to but refused to play. Checking other shows they were all the same. So something definitely changed yesterday.

Tried with debug and I don't see any further errors, it looks like it's doing the right thing calling the stream URL with various parameters, perhaps these params around device type & OS are now invalid and cause the request to be rejected. Unfortunately I didn't keep any old logs from when it was working, or when I was developing the hotfix, so not a lot to go on in terms of what should be supplied as params. In the main site code I see refs to an HLS stream as an alternative, so I don't think the encoding type has changed. We are still supplying a user agent referring to iPhone, Safari etc, which always worked before.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Mickeyluv - 2022-08-18

I'll look back through my log file to see if It has the log from last time it worked. It's one of my favourite plugins, so would be nice to get it working again. Does it use Widevine? I didn't apply the last update.

(2022-08-18, 14:14)Mickeyluv Wrote: I'll look back through my log file to see if It has the log from last time it worked. It's one of my favourite plugins, so would be nice to get it working again. Does it use Widevine? I didn't apply the last update.

I didn't know which stream it used normally, I'm no expert there, only on doing the carve-up of the page to find the shows. I do see widevine as an offering in the site code, so maybe it's not changed the encoding standard, but it's not accepting the user agent. If anyone has advice on how to test the streams & user agents from a desktop system, would love to hear it.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - lakeuk - 2022-08-18

Expect more changes over the coming month, this week ITV announced a number Freesat devices that at end of September will no longer support the ITV Hub app
Quote:From the end of September the ITV Hub app will no longer be available on some Freesat devices. This is due to ITV working to deliver improvements and upgrade their app. The technology required to carry out these improvements is not supported by some older devices.

The upgrade will bring improvements to the app such as more content, better picture quality, and content protection.

This will be to support ITV Hub being replaced with ITV X​ which will launch later in the year, probable worth waiting till ITV X is launched to see if a new kodi add-on is viable.  Fortunately I've got a satellite linked to a PC + DVBViewer setup to fall back on that records the programmes I want to watch back through kodi but I'll miss using the add-in to short-cut to my favourite soap - Corrie.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - AlanWardrobe - 2022-08-19

(2022-08-18, 21:05)lakeuk Wrote: Expect more changes over the coming month, this week ITV announced a number Freesat devices that at end of September will no longer support the ITV Hub app
Quote:From the end of September the ITV Hub app will no longer be available on some Freesat devices. This is due to ITV working to deliver improvements and upgrade their app. The technology required to carry out these improvements is not supported by some older devices.

The upgrade will bring improvements to the app such as more content, better picture quality, and content protection.

This will be to support ITV Hub being replaced with ITV X​ which will launch later in the year, probable worth waiting till ITV X is launched to see if a new kodi add-on is viable.  Fortunately I've got a satellite linked to a PC + DVBViewer setup to fall back on that records the programmes I want to watch back through kodi but I'll miss using the add-in to short-cut to my favourite soap - Corrie.
That's a great find, thanks - yes could well be the start of major changes with ITVX coming along. I've no real expertise here but it feels like their current offering is much more complex and opaque than say iPlayer. That add-on never seems to fail, which to me means the BBC's backend is a lot more stable and mature.

Here's a bit more detail - interestingly mentioning that some Youview support ended last year, I don't know if this had an impact on the add-on.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/itv-hub-stop-working-some-freeview-devices/

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - chrissxuk - 2022-08-19

(2022-08-18, 21:05)lakeuk Wrote: Expect more changes over the coming month, this week ITV announced a number Freesat devices that at end of September will no longer support the ITV Hub app

Use STV via catch-up tv and more to short cut to Corrie that's what I do. It's much better resolution than this add-on anyway.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Ghddbn - 2022-08-30

Can not find any  classics like Mr. Bean or Poirot on STV... So I still hope for an ITV Player Update ...

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - Mickeyluv - 2022-09-05

I checked for any log backups, but I don't have any.  Also tried updating Widevine, but that made no difference.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - kereltje - 2022-09-05

The itv plugin doesn't use widevine. Which is probably the main reason why it isn't working anymore. Also, it appears that to play any stream you need to be logged in to an itv account.
I've been working on a new plugin for a while. I had it working reasonably well for some time, but unfortunately it broke again. I hope it won't take too long to figure it out. I'll keep you posted

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - aussieboozer - 2022-09-11

A working add on would be great. I can’t stand the android app.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - kereltje - 2022-09-23

So, I got a new itv hub addon somewhat working again.
For those interested, it is announced in this forum thread where you'll also find a link to download the zip file.

RE: [RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10 - barney63 - 2022-10-15

The latest news on itvX
ITVX: Video Quality On ITV’s New Streaming App Unveiled