Kodi Community Forum
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Look and feel (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver (/showthread.php?tid=154032)

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - diddle - 2019-10-22

(2019-10-21, 23:27)ronie Wrote: @diddle i added the future three years ago...
go to the addon settings and enable 'resume slideshow from last position'

@ronie 
Oops. ;-) Got me.
I'm using your screensaver with Kodi on my little picture-frame. Quite old, yes. I found your promise/comment, but no "done" in this thread, sorry.

However, thanks a lot! 
Did a few tests, but found that the offset is only saved on clean exit (self._save_offset() called from _exit()).

Unformtunately my picture-frame tends to be killed / powered off, instead of being shut down cleanly. ;-)
So I'm thinking about moving the self._save_offset() into the "loop until onScreensaverDeactivated is called".
This way chances would increase that the offset is "somwhat more recent" than currently. 

What do you think? 

Cheers
Diddle.

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2019-10-22

hmmmm, that will make the addon write to the harddisk every few seconds, right?
if so, i'd rather not add such code to the addon... feel free to make such a change locally though :-)

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - diddle - 2019-10-22

(2019-10-22, 11:27)ronie Wrote: hmmmm, that will make the addon write to the harddisk every few seconds, right?
if so, i'd rather not add such code to the addon... feel free to make such a change locally though :-)

You are right... however, the writes are async and buffered usually. I believe there's more going on with Kodi running. ;-)
However, I will try this... and play with /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs on my Pi (maybe sync every 3min or so)

Thx,
Diddle.

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - q1955w - 2019-11-05

Hi! Thanks for all the great work. Have been having an issue for a while and curious if others are seeing something similar... When playing audio, screensaver starts up fine and dims screen to 18%. However, every time the audio changes track, the screen lights up momentarily to 100% brightness then goes back to the 18% dim. Simple user error or logs required?

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Getyogrooveon - 2019-12-14

Been using this addon for ages, thanks!

I am using Kodi on a Raspberry Pi. Like listening to music whilst having the screensaver display my photos from a share on a NAS (usually whilst having Sunday Lunch). Problem is with the "always on" Pi even when I turn the TV off the Pi is still "displaying" the screensaver and pulling images from the NAS. I get round this by every time disabling the screensaver before turning TV off and then re-enabling when I turn on - this obviously works but is clunky to say the least.

Is there any way of mapping "enable & use screensaver" to a remote button and "disable screensaver" to another - or any other workarounds?

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - PatK - 2019-12-14

(2019-12-14, 12:51)Getyogrooveon Wrote: any way of mapping "enable & use screensaver"
There is nothing in the GUI nor advanced settings for this; I suppose if you're industrious enough to mod a skin, or have one of those remotes in which sequences are handled might be a possibility. Work-round might be setting up a path to the picture folder and using the picture slideshow viewer instead of a screen blanker or investigate some add-ons that might accomplish the task.

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2019-12-14

it indeed would require an addon to handle that, so i wrote one:
script.controlscreensaver-0.0.1.zip

once installed, you can map these actions to buttons of your remote:
RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,disable)
RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,enable)

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Getyogrooveon - 2019-12-15

(2019-12-14, 22:22)ronie Wrote: it indeed would require an addon to handle that, so i wrote one:

Hey, thanks so much - been bugging me for years!

Away to try it now!

(2019-12-14, 22:22)ronie Wrote: it indeed would require an addon to handle that, so i wrote one:

Hi

Wonder if you could provide some further help?

I have:

1. Transferred the zip file you kindly made available to the Pi
2. In Kodi gone to addons, install from Zip File and installed the addon (and got the install successfully message)
3. Edited the remote.xml file in Userdata>KeyMaps to include the following in the Global section:
<red>RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,disable)</red>
<green>RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,enable)</green>
4. Rebooted

Pressing red or green on the remote does nothing, and the screensaver still kicks in! Tried on both my Pi (running OSMC) and Windows 10 PC installs.

Am I missing something fundamental here?

Any help very gratefully received. Thanks

(2019-12-15, 11:20)Getyogrooveon Wrote:

Hi

Wonder if you could provide some further help?

I have:

1. Transferred the zip file you kindly made available to the Pi
2. In Kodi gone to addons, install from Zip File and installed the addon (and got the install successfully message)
3. Edited the remote.xml file in Userdata>KeyMaps to include the following in the Global section:
<red>RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,disable)</red>
<green>RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,enable)</green>
4. Rebooted

Pressing red or green on the remote does nothing, and the screensaver still kicks in! Tried on both my Pi (running OSMC) and Windows 10 PC installs.

Am I missing something fundamental here?

Any help very gratefully received. Thanks 

Hi

Completely ignore me - working like a dream, thank you so much (it helps if you spell screensaver right in the remote.xml!!!)

Request - jpf55 - 2019-12-18

Hello Ronie, long time
I modified your screensaver slightly to show the title in a large font with a blueish-gray color, visible legible from across the room with my aging eyes.
I was wondering if there is a possibility to add a preference to "Not show watched fanart" when the screensaver runs.
Or, maybe I could add a few lines of code in my version. (5.0.9)
Thanks in advance

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2019-12-20

i guess you'd have to play with the json-rpc code in the addon and apply some kind of filtering based on watched count.
https://gitlab.com/ronie/screensaver.picture.slideshow/blob/3afedbfc25bd5c1aa4b707c298e9abd65eac6f8a/resources/lib/gui.py#L328-343

json docs: https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v9

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - jpf55 - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-20, 04:03)ronie Wrote: i guess you'd have to play with the json-rpc code in the addon and apply some kind of filtering based on watched count.
https://gitlab.com/ronie/screensaver.picture.slideshow/blob/3afedbfc25bd5c1aa4b707c298e9abd65eac6f8a/resources/lib/gui.py#L328-343

json docs: https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v9

Thanks for the info Ronie, I think this just fell in the category of long term "investigative steep learning curve" project.  Wink

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Roi Danton - 2020-02-22

Hi,

I am using the latest Milhouse build, already based on Python 3.

The Picture Slideshow Screensaver addon now always shows video fanart. I set up a photo directory where it should show my own photos. This is completely ignored. And the third option "music fanart" does not work, too. Only a loading screen is shown.

Maybe you have an idea about this issue.

Cheers,
Roi

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Øyvind - 2020-02-28

I have the same problem even if the image folder contains several subfolders