Kodi Community Forum
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Look and feel (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver (/showthread.php?tid=154032)

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2021-01-13

don't think you can... or at least i don't know how

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ZapCod75 - 2021-01-17

(2021-01-13, 23:50)ronie Wrote: don't think you can... or at least i don't know how

ok...because the screensaver is not necessery during the night...and its make the raspberry work..

do you have any idea to plan an operating range ...?

have a good day !

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2021-01-18

been giving it some more thought and think i came up with a way.
this uses json-rpc run from a terminal.

to quit the screensaver (just in case it's running):
curl -X POST -H "content-type:application/json" http://localhost:9090/jsonrpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Input.ExecuteAction", "params":{"action":"noop"}, "id": 1}'

then disable the screensaver in kodi:
curl -X POST -H "content-type:application/json" http://localhost:9090/jsonrpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"screensaver.mode", "value":""}, "id": 1}'

to re-enable the screensaver:
curl -X POST -H "content-type:application/json" http://localhost:9090/jsonrpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"screensaver.mode", "value":"screensaver.picture.slideshow"}, "id": 1}'

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - guenzelsen - 2021-01-20

Hi
The Picture Slideshow Sreensaver is not working anymore on my system after upgrading to Kodi 19 (RC1).
When screensaver is activated, it will just show a black screen, instead of photos from selected folder.
Sometimes 1 or 2 photos are displayed, but then it turns black again.

This issue is present on severeal systems (Win 10 PC, Libreelec PC, FireTV 4k).

Any chance to get this fixed?

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - guenzelsen - 2021-01-20

OK, seems not to be an issue with the screensaver.
Kodit 19 RC1 picture-viewer also cannot show the pictures in this folder.
I don't know why, because with Kodi 18.x these pics had beed displayed without any issue in the Kodi picture viewer and also in the screensaver.
Picture format is jpg.

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - kcniay - 2021-04-14

Hi,

Some features :
- Display image name : full path and file name. (with or without driver letter) \2015\11\familly\holliday\london\bridge.jpg
- Possibility to choose a ttf font installed in the Windows directory.
- Ability to choose where information is displayed, top left/right corner, bottom left/right corner

and the must, play videos

Best regard

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Nosepull - 2021-05-14

I have recently upgraded from Ubuntu 20.10 to 21.04 (which includes an upgrade to Python 3.9 AFAIK), and the screensaver stopped working. Some strange Python error occurs in the logs:
php:
2021-05-14 10:24:42.261 T:5317     INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-05-14 10:24:42.337 T:5317    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'lib.utils'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                       from lib.utils import *
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lib.utils'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-05-14 10:24:42.340 T:5317     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped

Any idea or workaround? Looks like some module search path problem.

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Getyogrooveon - 2021-05-29

(2019-12-14, 22:22)ronie Wrote: it indeed would require an addon to handle that, so i wrote one:
script.controlscreensaver-0.0.1.zip

once installed, you can map these actions to buttons of your remote:
RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,disable)
RunScript(script.controlscreensaver,enable)
Hi Ronie

Still using this addon, however in process of upgrading to 19.1. Any chance of updating this to work with Python 3 - or provide instructions on how to do it? Thanks!

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2021-05-29

@Getyogrooveon here you go: script.controlscreensaver-0.0.2.zip

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Getyogrooveon - 2021-05-29

(2021-05-29, 11:39)ronie Wrote: @Getyogrooveon here you go: script.controlscreensaver-0.0.2.zip

Amazing, thank you so much!

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - khinch - 2021-06-23

Hi,

Version 6.3.3 of the picture slideshow screensaver seems to need write access to the location of the photos. Is there a way to disable this please?

I have just installed a RPi 4B with OSMC running Kodi 19.1.0 and screensaver 6.3.3, and tried to set it to read from a smb:// location which is read-only, but it says "Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid".

I can successfully browse the photos on the share with Kodi's photo viewer, so the network mapping is OK.

Version 5.0.9 of the screensaver works perfectly when configured to use the same share (on Kodi 18.6 on Ubuntu), so this behaviour seems to have changed since then.

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - ronie - 2021-06-23

@khinch thanx for the heads-up!

it should be fixed in this version: screensaver.picture.slideshow-6.3.4.zip
could you please test and let me know?

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - khinch - 2021-06-24

(2021-06-23, 22:17)ronie Wrote: @khinch thanx for the heads-up!

it should be fixed in this version: screensaver.picture.slideshow-6.3.4.zip
could you please test and let me know?
Working perfectly, thank you!

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Albyricus - 2021-07-23

Hi Ronie,

i love your Picture Slidesshow Screensaver. I only miss one (perhaps) feature(s).

1) I would really love it, if i could choose, that the Slideshow shows the full path of the picture and not "only" the folder and the filename. That would be awesome.
2) not really so needed but i think it would be usefull: if you could change the color and perhaps fontsize of the Path and filename.

Best regards

Albyricus

RE: Picture Slideshow Screensaver - Albyricus - 2021-07-23

(2021-07-23, 11:48)Albyricus Wrote: Hi Ronie,

i love your Picture Slidesshow Screensaver. I only miss one (perhaps) feature(s).

1) I would really love it, if i could choose, that the Slideshow shows the full path of the picture and not "only" the folder and the filename. That would be awesome.
2) not really so needed but i think it would be usefull: if you could change the color and perhaps fontsize of the Path and filename.

Best regards

Albyricus

Hi, sorry i forgot to mention, that i use Kodi 18 on an Raspberry Pi4. In fact of that i have the Screensaver Version 5.0.9 (i think you need to know that because of the distirbution chanels, vor the case, that you are willing to implement the "requested" feature / change.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Albyricus