Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available (/showthread.php?tid=154534)

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - Cinder - 2014-12-20

Whenever I start a video file in XBMC DSPlayer opens in a windowed mode where the window is called "ActiveMovie Window". I tried to google it, but didn't really find anything on it.
I see that SVP is running perfectly on the movie played in the window, but no OSD controls are available, and if I Alt-F4 the window to get out XBMC crashes as well.

Anyone able to point to a solution?

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - FCB38 - 2014-12-26

Hello every body,

I have the last release of Kodi "14.0 Helix Final" DSP version.
Sometimes the speed of the video is higher than the normal. I stop the video, close Kodi and restart the video. Some times it's OK, sometime I have to do this several times.
Do you have this issue?
I use ffdshow (last version too from 2014-09-29) for video and audio.

What can I do?

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - oldpoem - 2014-12-26

It used to be a bug in 14.0 beta - RC2. But with RC3/Final I haven't encounter speed problem yet.

This is what I set in settings - video

Allow display refresh rate to match video - On start / Stop with Pause of 2.4s
Sync playback to display - On
A/V Sync method - Videop (drop / dupe audio)

It might not help much because of different system configuration but it might worth a try.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - johnnymen - 2014-12-26

for FCB38 : Where did you get 14.0 Final?
Maybe you have a 14.0 rc3? I have the same problem with a quick video. But the version 14.0 rc3. Codecs ffdshow and LAV.
I tried everything. When I put the version 14.0 Final without dsplayer all good

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - khordo - 2014-12-26

Found Final Version for V14 DSP in Aracnoz signature.
I have same issue :
- FFDRAW is not recognize (With 13.2 everything was OK)
- LAVVIDEO DEC is not recognize also

Go back to 13.2 version...Impossible to use 14 now... Sad

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - oldpoem - 2014-12-26

The userdata folder is different from 13 to 14 (XBMC to Kodi). Copy your config files to proper place and it'd work.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - johnnymen - 2014-12-26

Please give Final Version for V14 DSP in Aracnoz signature

(2014-12-26, 19:30)johnnymen Wrote: Please give Final Version for V14 DSP in Aracnoz signature

Look in page 62 of this thread.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - FCB38 - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-26, 14:21)johnnymen Wrote: for FCB38 : Where did you get 14.0 Final?
Maybe you have a 14.0 rc3? I have the same problem with a quick video. But the version 14.0 rc3. Codecs ffdshow and LAV.
I tried everything. When I put the version 14.0 Final without dsplayer all good

Hello,

I download the file that I found I the Arcanoz signature. Here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xud0ra...player.exe
Is it OK?

Regards.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - khordo - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-26, 16:02)oldpoem Wrote: The userdata folder is different from 13 to 14 (XBMC to Kodi). Copy your config files to proper place and it'd work.

I checked everything in the log file. All settings file are retrieved by the system. I have an error message when loading FFDRAW (With the exact same system with 13.2 no error and everything works fine).
The splitter & source file are loading well, not for the audiodec & no matter i try to add "extra" filter it doesn't work Sad
Rellay think we have some issues with this version !

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - oldpoem - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-27, 14:43)khordo Wrote: I checked everything in the log file. All settings file are retrieved by the system. I have an error message when loading FFDRAW (With the exact same system with 13.2 no error and everything works fine).
The splitter & source file are loading well, not for the audiodec & no matter i try to add "extra" filter it doesn't work Sad

No. It works fine. I use the same config from gotham and it works fine without changing anything. Just copy to correct folder.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - le__ - 2014-12-27

Thanks aracnoz for the 14.0 DSplayer build.Big Grin

(2014-12-27, 14:43)khordo Wrote: I checked everything in the log file. All settings file are retrieved by the system. I have an error message when loading FFDRAW (With the exact same system with 13.2 no error and everything works fine).

Personally, I'm having no problem to load the extra filter on 14.0 copying the same config files from my 13.2:

PHP Code:
<!-- halli lav ffdraw xyvsfilter  -->
    <
rule filetypes="mkv|mp4">
      <
source filter="haali" />
      <
splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
      <
audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
      <
video filter="lavvideodec" />
      <
subs filter="xyvsfilter" />
      <
extra>
        <
extra filter="ffdshowrawvideo" />
      </
extra>
    </
rule

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - 999unreal - 2014-12-28

(2014-12-26, 09:57)FCB38 Wrote: I have the last release of Kodi "14.0 Helix Final" DSP version.
Sometimes the speed of the video is higher than the normal. I stop the video, close Kodi and restart the video. Some times it's OK, sometime I have to do this several times.
Do you have this issue?
I also same problem has occurred.
it has not been modified from Helix alpha.
It seems to many occur in a relatively old codec.
In the beta version and Rc version had occurred even mpg2.
The following sample is a 29.970fps in media-info.
(1)Gotham DS-PLAYER. fps:29.97
(2)Helix DVD-PLAYER fps:29.97
(3)Helix DS-PLAYER fps:60.00
There is no 3D support in DS-PLAYER.
A thumbnail is not displayed when a bookmark is created.
etc. ....

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - FCB38 - 2014-12-28

Hello,

I use ffdshow and a its plugin for EVENTGHOST (the software for my remote) for several reasons:
  • For videos I can choose between 0-255 or 16-235 decoding (via curves).
  • For audio I can change the dynamic of the audio during the reading of the file. Not obliged to encode the audio a new time.

I'm not sure that I can do this with LAV using my remote. If you think there's a more up to date decoder with same function than ffdshow I'm interessted.

Regards.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - oldpoem - 2014-12-28

I'm using LAV Video with FFDshow Audio with FFDShow RAW video for postprocessing.

With LAV you can choose 0-255 or 16-235 in its settings.
For Audio I also prefer FFDShow over LAV Audio.