Kodi Community Forum
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: IPTV Simple Client (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+---- Thread: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP (/showthread.php?tid=156218)

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - Gregoire - 2014-01-15

(2014-01-09, 14:48)afedchin Wrote: @fouad79,
This is not trivial so I think it will not be soon implemented.

@dertyp0815,
1. Please, provide debug log file.
2. IPTVSimple addon positioning as very simple pvr addon without backend. Recording possible at the backend side only.
3. Yes, it will be automatically updated with future versions.

@Bayern,
Please, read my post at first page. There is the url there you can download lastest versions for windows https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B42OdYa12czTZ2huWjNIV0hYR0U/edit

@Maniac,
hm.. I've investigated the xbmc sources and didn't find where icon path stored. So, I think that icon doesn't stored into db.

Recording would be easy if you store the resulting file on USB storage or even a remote NFS or SMB shared folder. You are a smart man. I have faith in your abilities.
And thanks for this amazing piece of software!

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - themeltingclock - 2014-01-16

Quote:For Frodo on android, please download and install Frodo 12.3 which already contains the addon. There is no possibility to install the addon from zip on android.
I've done this a dozen times on my Android device - IPTV Simple is NOT included in the 12.3 or Nightly or Monthly Gotham builds...at least not the ARM build.

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - Slaith - 2014-01-16

fouad796:
Thanks for the reply, the thing is that it's simply not there.
I can't find it anywhere, found all the other backends in the disabled add-on part.

Anyhow managed to compile and zip finally(rookie mistake of not installing zip) :o)
Got it running with a xml list in liveTV, no tvguide but that will get there eventually.
btw, what xmltv grabber is better?

Another issue that i found and this is a dealbreaker for me is that the quality of the video is really bad in live TV with the iptv plugin.
Video stream that is normaly 720x404 is only 254x144, this has to be because of the iptv plugin.
But i haven't been able to find any quality settings anywhere.
Got any pointers here, because it's unusable like this.

Thanks
Patrik

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - themeltingclock - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-16, 21:06)Slaith Wrote: fouad796:
Thanks for the reply, the thing is that it's simply not there.
I can't find it anywhere, found all the other backends in the disabled add-on part.

Anyhow managed to compile and zip finally(rookie mistake of not installing zip) :o)
Got it running with a xml list in liveTV, no tvguide but that will get there eventually.
btw, what xmltv grabber is better?

Another issue that i found and this is a dealbreaker for me is that the quality of the video is really bad in live TV with the iptv plugin.
Video stream that is normaly 720x404 is only 254x144, this has to be because of the iptv plugin.
But i haven't been able to find any quality settings anywhere.
Got any pointers here, because it's unusable like this.

Thanks
Patrik
I'm aware of that - I'm agreeing with you. I have installed both Gotham and Frodo and neither of them have the plugin included in the Repo.

Can you post the Zip you compiled? I'll test on my side and see if the problem is replicated. I have used IPTV Simple on a windows machine and I don't remember their being any quality settings.

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - Slaith - 2014-01-18

Thanks for the reply.
I'll post the zip file later.
Suppose it needs to be hosted somewhere?
Will look into that.

Nope haven't seen any quality settings either, there is really no need for it.
Pure passthrough is all that is needed for streams, at least that what I think.

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - Pyroking - 2014-01-19

Hi everyone.

How do i make sure that the IPTVSimple PVR-addon has the newest XML file?

What i do is this:

Generate file.
Place file in folder.
Upload file to server.
Have a index file with the "last-modified" parameter on.
Use this url from the server, with the index file for the addon.
Make sure that the addon does NOT store the file, with the "do not store the epg in the database" setting.

Is this the correct way to make sure that the file is constantly updated?

Thanks for a great addon man!

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - qzem - 2014-01-20

Hey I am having problems with IPTV simple addon 1.9.3. I have succesfully compiled it in linux (Ubuntu 13.10), but when I try to install it from zip in XBMC I go "dependecies not met" problem. What could be worng? I am using latest XBMC from ubuntu Software center, I think it is version 12 Frodo. Some help would be apreciated. Thanks!

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - hija - 2014-01-20

I'm new to xbmc.
I'm trying to update the plugin from 1.6.1 to 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 through the zip file from the link on the first page but I get. incorrect structure message.
I'm running xbmc frodo 12.2 on Windows 7 .

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - afedchin - 2014-01-20

@Gregoire,
a PR wellcome.

@themeltingclock,
Please check into Disabled Addons section.

@Pyroking,
Yes, it is. Also in new version 1.9.3 (Gotham) there is setting for disable caching any data.

@qzem, hija,
1.9.3 only for XBMC 13.x Gotham. For Frodo you should use 1.6.x version.

@afedchin

Thanks for your answer. Do you maybe know wher ecan I download XBMC 13.x gotham for Ubuntu?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out Smile!

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - hija - 2014-01-20

@afedchin

Thanks for the reply.

Ok I have some more questions. Does this new addon supports pausing channels? And second thing, is it possible to enable chanell switching with mouse wheel? I really miss such function Smile. Thanks for the great work you are doing!

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - afedchin - 2014-01-20

@qzem,
No, new version still has no support for pausing. And for switch channels with mouse wheel you need edit (or create new one) mouse.xml into %AppData%\XBMC\system (or ~/.xbmc/system/ depends at your operating system) with the following lines:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <mouse>
      <wheelup>ChannelUp</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>ChannelDown</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>

P.S. I don't test this, so if this is works please let's us know.

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - qzem - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-20, 16:05)afedchin Wrote: @qzem,
No, new version still has no support for pausing. And for switch channels with mouse wheel you need edit (or create new one) mouse.xml into %AppData%\XBMC\system (or ~/.xbmc/system/ depends at your operating system) with the following lines:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <mouse>
      <wheelup>ChannelUp</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>ChannelDown</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>

P.S. I don't test this, so if this is works please let's us know.

Thank for your reply. I haven't test this yet but I will today I hope. I really hope that you will manage to get pause and recording to work. I don't know if this helps but here you can find a program for windows that has those functions implemented and working very well (with no need for additional usb or something like that), maybe you can find the code that you need. I can also point you to some developer that has a program of his own with the same capabilites, maybe he can help you. Both of those programs are using some of VLC libraries.

Regards

EDIT: I have put the code you suggested into the mouse.xml, but it doesn't work. Any other suggestion?

RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - mimo_424 - 2014-01-21

Hello guys,

Thanks alot for a very informative thread. Really great job. I have however not been able to get it working. I have list of m3u8 streams eg :
link1: http://link.xxxyy.net/..../..../...../xbyys1500.m3u8

link1: http://link.xxxyy.net/..../..../...../tbyys1500.m3u8

link1: http://link.xxxyy.net/..../..../...../Pbyys1500.m3u8

and so on....

all these links are working in VLC. So how do i import these links in xbmc? and is there anyway to obtain EPG data from these links?

I have the addon up and running on Frodo 12.3

Thanks in advance

mimo_424