Kodi Community Forum
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia (/showthread.php?tid=156908)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - Skank - 2013-04-21

If anyone wants

Intro movie for your HT

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4tsnjstum4sr/n/film_projector_v1_generic_m2ts

And some short movies like coming soon and stuff

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ad8osuhaf3n/Archive.zip

All thanks to Theendisnye from AVS forum.

(2013-04-19, 23:41)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 12:06)Skank Wrote: RagnaroktA did you read my answer?

Your question: Do you want any logos in the videos, or do you just want it to say Feature Presentation and such after the "explosion"?

My answer: Without logos would be great..

I did, but I haven't modified the videos at all yet. I think it's going to look odd without something there, but we'll see.

(2013-04-19, 22:04)Skank Wrote: I made some dutch guess who slides... using the devkit here...
I adjusted the xlsm file
now how do i make the slides?

You'll need Photoshop. What you need to do is save the Excel file to a CSV, and you may need to remove columns that aren't referenced in Photoshop. You import the CSV as a data set in Photoshop, and then batch process a PSD file for each data set, and each A & B slide. Then you batch image process those PSD files into JPGs.

Sorry but im really a noob in PS
So i exported the excel file to CSV
Now i open up PS, now what?
Open the psd file from the development kit? Do i need the font/download it seperately?? Cause i get a warning...

Howto batch proces the psd...

Or perhaps its easy to share the excel file with the dutch translations?$

edit: here you can find the excel file with dutch translation https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fppxint33o5j9s/Guess%20Who%20Data.xlsm

RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - Ragnarok - 2013-04-21

(2013-04-21, 13:23)Skank Wrote: Sorry but im really a noob in PS
So i exported the excel file to CSV
Now i open up PS, now what?
Open the psd file from the development kit? Do i need the font/download it seperately?? Cause i get a warning...

Howto batch proces the psd...

Or perhaps its easy to share the excel file with the dutch translations?$

edit: here you can find the excel file with dutch translation https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fppxint33o5j9s/Guess%20Who%20Data.xlsm

To figure out how to import and modify the data from a CSV file into Photoshop I used this article from Adobe: Creating data-driven graphics

You will need to download and install the font file (it's the same for each kit, so you only need to do it once) for it to look like the other kits. If you want to, you can also go through and modify the font in the template for the title text to be whatever you want. I'm not going to go into great detail here, but may eventually release documentation for how to recreate my process from the start.

To batch process, you must first show/hide the layers that you want to see. For example, if it's the Question slides you're creating, hide the answer layers. Then you will need to export all of the data sets as files. To do this, click on File > Export > Data Sets as Files. If you're exporting the Question slides, add a _a to the end of the file name on the dialog that pops up when you export. It will take a while for it to create all of the PSD files. Once it's finished you need to batch process the images. To do this, click File > Scripts > Image Processor and point it to the directory where you saved the PSD files. You'll then want to go through and correct any of the slides that look funny by hand (because I haven't worked out an automated process to do that yet).

crap this is harder than i thought to adjust the slides
i cant download the font either, i got tons of pages, and downloader manager stuff, dont like it, a simple straight link would be very useful

Not willing to recreate the slides with my excel file do you?

RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - Ragnarok - 2013-04-22

It is a bit of a pain. That's why I've been looking for a way to automate the resize of text to fit the predefined box. When you're staring down 1,700 slides, that gets a bit overwhelming. I've changed the links to point to my Google Drive for the font.

If you translate the text to whatever language you want I'll gladly create the slides for them, but I can't do it for free. It's a pretty big load of work and there's a lot of time involved. If you're interested, let me know what packs you want me to do and I'll figure out a fair price.

RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - Skank - 2013-04-22

Mm guess ill keep trying to do it myself then.. Thx
Im willing to share with others once done... And for free..

Re: RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - bry - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 08:24)Skank Wrote: Mm guess ill keep trying to do it myself then.. Thx
Im willing to share with others once done... And for free..

He is sharing his work with others for free. You are asking him to do slides in a different language in addition to the free stuff he has provided. He gave ypu everything you need to make your own... For free.

I made the translation myself...i was not asking for him to translate..
Ill try to make the slides on my own , hopefully i am able to

The translation is not the part that takes inordinate amounts of time. Creating the slides doesn't take much time either with the process I use. The time is spent in correcting the text each individual slide to fit correctly in the confines of each text box. When I get a script together that automatically adjusts the size of the text to fit within the box I will gladly do translations for free (since they will require virtually no time or effort at all to complete) but until then, I simply cannot do twice (or more) the work with no return at all.

I expect you to share what you create with others - that was the whole point of putting the development kits up for download. What you're asking me to do is twice the work I've already done, when I've given you the tools and knowledge to do it on your own. I understand that there is a bit of a language barrier here, but you're coming off quite rude.

Oh sorry didnt mean to mate, i respect your work so far!
As i said, i will try to make the slides, but my photoshop skills are very small

Not a problem at all, I figured it was a misunderstanding. My Photoshop skills were virtually nonexistent until I decided to make these slides. I'm not a graphics designer or anything, I work with hardware and networks. Believe me, you can figure this out. The good news is, I've managed to find some tools and example scripts on one of Adobe's FTP servers - so I'm a step closer to figuring out how to automate almost the whole process.

RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - Skank - 2013-04-23

When i try to apply the new data set into PS i get a message that there were not enough variable names in first rule of csv
How come? i just translated the text, and nothing else changed

mmm I saved the excel file as txt file now, and i could import it into PS
Trying to make the question slides, i deselected the answer layer, so im coming close...
Then i tried to export the data set as file (psd) but i get the message:

Could not export dataset 1 cause the replaced file is not found.. Would like to export the rest?

If i click yes, same message again

Found the problem Smile exporting now Smile

Re: RE: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia - bry - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 11:49)Skank Wrote: Found the problem :) exporting now :)

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing how they look