Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=157499)

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-04-08

There's no record of the add-on being run in that log.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - tdhz77 - 2015-04-16

This will help many people with sound issues I believe. It may have already been reported, but I thought I would post it.

Found a bug. Executing pre and post-steam.sh yields -bash: ./my_script: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

When editing .sh files on windows environment the line endings of the windows environment get carried into ubuntu and causes pre-steam.sh and post-steam.sh scripts to fail.

To fix this issue one could use dos2unix command line utility. dos2unix

dos2unix -k -o pre-steam.sh
dos2unix -k -o post-steam.sh

-- If you are uncomfortable with this. An alternative would be.

You can open up in sublime text editor go to view >> line endings >> Unix. Save the file.
You can open up the files in notepad ++ and go to Edit >> EOL Conversion >> Unix/OSX support. Save the file.

I was editing with notepad and transfering with WinSCP over ssh. You can see if you need to do this by running the pre-steam and post-steam.sh from ssh. If you get the error above you should probably do what I told you.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - FuzzeWuzze - 2015-04-20

When following the instructions for Kodibuntu 14 i get an error while trying to copy the Openbox desktop

sudo cp /usr/share/xsessions/hidden/openbox.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/

It returns that the file does not exist. if i go look in the xsessions folder there is no hidden folder. There is an openbox.desktop.dis file as well as a kodi.desktop, xbmc.desktop and xbmcbuntu.desktop.

Do i just copy the openbox.desktop.dis file or why am i missing the hidden folder that should contain the openbox.desktop file?

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-04-21

Something must have changed... Copy or rename openbox.desktop.dis to openbox.desktop to /usr/share/xsessions/

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - FuzzeWuzze - 2015-04-21

sigh now after rebooting my xbmc doesnt boot.

it throws me to a busybox initramfs prompt.

it says gave up waiting for root device

how do i get my system back now? Its not the drive the system worked for months and i was using it until i rebooted after making all the changes listed in the Kodibuntu post and now it wont boot Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-04-21

Apart from the system update there's nothing in that how to that would affect overall system boot up - and if it was the system update that's out of my control. Boot from a live image (eg kodibuntu) install grub boot repair (might not ne the exact name, but google that term) and run that.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - buymeapc - 2015-05-10

(2015-04-05, 12:55)Blackwatcher Wrote: Hello ,
thank you for your Work. I run your Plugin under Kodi 14.2 on Windows 8.1.
When I launch Steam, Kodi is running in the Background. I have the Option to quit Kodi pulled to "Yes" but Kodi is not shutdown ?

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as above. The log looks like the setting is off (set to 0), but the GUI option for "Quit Kodi" is set to "Yes". I have attached my log.

http://pastebin.com/47fvKUr4

Thank you for your help with this fantastic add-on!!

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-05-10

The add-on uses taskkill to quit kodi, does the following quit kodi when run from a command prompt?

Code:
taskkill /im Kodi.exe
timeout /t 1 && tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq Kodi.exe" | find /i "Kodi.exe" >nul && (taskkill /f /im Kodi.exe)

Not sure why that wouldn't work, I'd need to try out on a win8.1 system. You could put something that works for you into a pre-steam script and point the add-on to use that (or even add it into the ahk script and recompile it).

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - TheBuz - 2015-05-11

Thank you for this amazing addon! I have one very specific request.

Is if possible to include multiple steam locations then choose which one to load?

For example i have 2 steam.exe files

1 loads steam normally (with my game saves)

the other is a modified version on the steam.exe which loads my girlfriends save files (so we dont have to switch windows user accounts)

so i have C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
AND
C:\Modified\GFsteam.exe

It would be awesome if i could choose which one to load

and i can share how i set that up if people are interested? (windows only)

If you can help me i will happily throw a steam game your way Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - buymeapc - 2015-05-12

(2015-05-10, 21:45)teeedubb Wrote: The add-on uses taskkill to quit kodi, does the following quit kodi when run from a command prompt?

Code:
taskkill /im Kodi.exe
timeout /t 1 && tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq Kodi.exe" | find /i "Kodi.exe" >nul && (taskkill /f /im Kodi.exe)

Not sure why that wouldn't work, I'd need to try out on a win8.1 system. You could put something that works for you into a pre-steam script and point the add-on to use that (or even add it into the ahk script and recompile it).

I took the code you posted above and created a batch file with it. Double-clicking it successfully kills Kodi. I'm thinking it's an elevated permissions issue. I might have to find a "Run As..." or an impersonate or something to fix this.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-05-13

TheBuz: should be only a few lines, I'll look into it when I have some spare time

Buymeapc: use that bat file as a pre steam script in the addons settings. How exactly are you running kodi? Via Launcher4kodi? As administrator? etc...

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - buymeapc - 2015-05-13

I am using Launcher4Kodi, actually. I was wondering if that might be the issue, too. I have its focus off, so I can use this add-on, if that makes any difference. It's got to be a Windows 8.1 thing since I had this exact same setup prior on Windows 7 and everything worked great. The account I'm using is an administrator, but I don't have UAC off.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-05-15

TheBuz: Add the following to the files contained within the addon:

script.steam.launcher\resources\settings.xml
Add:
Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin2" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"/>
underneath the line containing:
Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"/>

script.steam.launcher\default.py
Add:
Code:
        if dialog.yesno('Steam Launcher', 'Select which version of Steam to launch:', yeslabel='Steam A',nolabel='Steam B'):
            steamWin = addon.getSetting("SteamWin").decode("utf-8")
        else:
            steamWin = addon.getSetting("SteamWin2").decode("utf-8")
underneath the line containing:
Code:
        steamlauncher = os.path.join(basePath, 'SteamLauncher-AHK.exe')
Change the title, yes/no dialog to whatever suits you. Note, in default.py indentation is important - before if and else there are 2 tab's (inline with the line under which you instered it) and before steamWin there are 3 tabs. Use something like notepad++ to make the changes.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - Raytestrak - 2015-05-15

(2015-05-15, 09:54)teeedubb Wrote: TheBuz: Add the following to the files contained within the addon:

script.steam.launcher\resources\settings.xml
Add:
Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin2" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"/>

Shouldn't it be:

Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin2" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Modified\GFsteam.exe"/>

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-05-15

You can manually configure the path or set it via the addons gui settings - with that line there is a second entry in the settings for the steam path, that one equals Steam B in the yes/no dialog.