Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=157499)

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - TheBuz - 2015-12-25

(2015-12-16, 00:31)boerkeboel Wrote: This is the best plugin ever!
I just had some issue's with the script running tough Sad

I first set up a .bat file so that my hue lights changed color when steam started;
This worked like a charm, but after that I wanted to go to the next step
and wake my remote machine for steam streaming services to be available.

The second bat file that uses the 'wake me on lan' tool gives an error in Kodi,
The lights switches colors but the remote machine does not start,

When i run the bat file seperatly, everything works fine....

I'm out of luck here Sad

bat 1 (working)
Quote:Hue lights 1 on & hue lights 1,2 0900FF & hue lights 3 CD00FF & hue lights all =255

bat 2 (not working)
Quote:wakemeonlan.exe /wakeup 192.168.0.12 & Hue lights 1 on & hue lights 1,2 0900FF & hue lights 3 CD00FF & hue lights all =255

Anyone who knows enough of these things.. Driving me crazy here Big Grin

Try 2 separate bat files and get the 1st bat file to launch the 2nd.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - cz4a - 2015-12-25

So the emulators (dolphin, pcsx, ppsspp etc.) gave me headache today. Because they had no sound when startet in Kodi.

After few hours I found out that when you do a fresh reboot the Intel HD HDMI Audio device is selected. If you start an Emulator you wont have sound.
But when you start Steam then exit Steam and then start an Emulator in Kodi it will have sound. Checked system audio again and now all the Intel HD Devices are gone and I only have Pulse Audio as selected device.

Is it possible to select pulse audio from start by default in kodi?

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-12-26

If you want pulse running all the time just install it and don't do anything else from the guide. Another option is to kill/restart kodi when launching your emulator.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - cz4a - 2015-12-26

Okay thanks it worked! =)

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2015-12-31

New version, 3.1.2
Quote:Added pt-br translation by rokam
Dual string id fix by Scondost

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - Boozley - 2016-01-02

Hi Guys,
I use the Kodi and steam launcher on a HTPC I have under my TV running Windows 10.
I've set this to send a wake on LAN command to my WIndows 10 steam streaming host PC when steam is opened which is working fine.
I would like the option to shutdown the Host PC when I close Steam on my HTPC. I could do this with a script but I wondered if there was any GUI application preferably within kodi that I could use to make the transition cleaner.
I want to be prompted rather than auto shutting the Host down as it could still be in use.
Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2016-01-08

I can think of two options:
A ahk script with a message box. Or create a kodi add-on that asks if you want to shut down the host, then as the post steam script make a ahk script that waits for kodi to reopen then launches the add-on you created via json-rpc.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - nissl - 2016-01-12

(2015-02-08, 03:10)teeedubb Wrote: Steam Launcher + KODIbuntu v14

Steam BPM will not work in the Kodi session as it appears Steam BPM (and wmctrl too, which the addon uses to detect whether Steam is in BPM) needs a window manager to run properly, plus by default the addon kills Kodi which causes the session, therefore Kodi, to restart - it needs to be run from a desktop session, either Lubuntu or Openbox, both of which are included in KODIbuntu. You can try running Steam BPM in the Kodi session via SSH to see for yourself the problems it has with the following command:
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 steam -bigpicture

Hi all

first i would thank you for the add on and this helpful thread.

I followed the the mandatory steps on page 44, but i skipped all sound settings and optional steps for now.
Now steam is working as expected, but without sound. I think i need to do one of the sound related optional settings as well.
But also Media playback is not working anymore.
If I try to play a Movie there is just a complete black screen or sometimes a black screen with the mous coursor. in this case i can right click and geht the openbox menu.
But nothing else happens at all.I also have no sound to determine if the media will be played but in the background or something.

Can someone kindly advise what i probably did wrong or should do to fix that ?

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2016-01-12

I'd look in the kodi debug log (wiki) to see what's happening with media playback..

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - nissl - 2016-01-12

Sure good point.

This is what it gives me:
Code:
07:56:10 T:139984294496000   ERROR: CActiveAEResampleFFMPEG::Init - init resampler failed

kodi.log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14476602/

I need to check the full debug tonight, if in kodi.log is nothing helpful inside.

I try to find a hint with the line above, maybe this will help me. Unless you have any idea with this ?

Thanks for your help and hit to the debug mode. Much appreciated.

Edit:

Ok ive been trying for a while now...

the debugging might be enabled, but leading me to no conclusion so far.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/14479008/

I noticed a strange behavior when Kodi was started, there is nothing... then when i try to control it it starts flashing between the "kodiBackbround" and the "splash Screen"(The orange logo with the elf glyphs)...

Seems i broke it.... i have no idea whats wrong..

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2016-01-12

Not sure what's up - there are a lot of errors regarding sound output, that might have something to do with it. Probably best to start a new thread so people in the know have a better chance of seeing your issue.

Oh and make sure you include the full debug log.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - Shredder2 - 2016-01-20

Thoughts on Streaming Steam from PC using steam app running on raspberry pi?
How would i go about doing that? If i toggle the wmpctl(?) file check off, launching program says location usr/bin/steam not found. I thought the addon knew where it installed itself

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - teeedubb - 2016-01-20

Steam isn't available on the rpi.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - jlnprssnr - 2016-01-22

Moonlight is what you want to use on the Raspi.

RE: [RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi - Shredder2 - 2016-01-22

You mean https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/stream-pc-games-to-your-tv/ ? Yeah but i have already running osmc on my pi and i would hate to reinstall everything to install raspbian and then kodi.