Kodi Community Forum
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition (/showthread.php?tid=157572)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - Milhouse - 2015-06-23

Upload your FULL debug log to a pastebin site, don't post logs to the forum. Your as.xml looks like it has an error but the way you're posting it I can't be sure. And seriously, nobody cares about your private IP addresses (192.168.x.x etc.) so stop obfuscating them - if however your MySQL server is using a public ip address somewhere on the internet then that might explain the problem...

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - benito2313 - 2015-06-23

Just wanted to let you guys know that i did it,
it was a firewall setting within my synology that wasnt set, the mysql 3306 wasnt add to my firewall rules.

Thanks you all for your help.

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - benito2313 - 2015-06-23

I got another question i dont know if i'm on the right post but here it goes:

I would like to share my watched status of genesis.
Is there any way to do this with a mysql server?

kind regards,

Benito2313

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - Milhouse - 2015-06-23

(2015-06-23, 22:33)benito2313 Wrote: I got another question i dont know if i'm on the right post but here it goes:

That's a banned add-on, no support for that on this forum.

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - benito2313 - 2015-06-24

Oeps sorry thanks for the reminder

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - fred_bra - 2015-08-20

I was wondering if anyone would have a step by step guide on installing mysql for windows. There are tons os options during install that made me get lost. I make myself available for taking prints of the screens if someone help me. These prints could go to the wiki.

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - flhthemi - 2015-08-20

I know NOTHING about using MySQL. I just took all the default settings when I installed it, then followed the wiki instructions as best I could and it works for me! The wiki does need an update though as I believe we can now use newer versions of MySQL with Kodi and not have any issues.

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - MissShadows - 2015-08-24

I hope someone can help me, because i am very stuck.
I have an HTPC, windows 7 and an android tablet, both using Kodi.
I am using a addon to stream tv shows and movies.
I want to be able to add videos to my library, but i want to store my library on my nas so i can access it with both devices, and that they sync, so when i watched an episode on my htpc i can see on my tablet that i have watched episode 1.
But i get stuck with the cofiguration and installation.
Do i install mysql on my nas or on my pc.
and in the configuration which config type do i choose?
And when creating the xml file, what ip adress do i put in, my nas or my htpc?

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - flhthemi - 2015-08-24

Some NAS devices will allow installation of MySQL, some can be hacked to add it. I don't know the ins/outs of doing it as the 2 I have need to be hacked and I don't want to do it. So I have installed MySQL on one of my HTPCs as that one is on 24/7. You use the address of the PC that has MySQL installed. You'll also need to open a port (I Think it's 3306) on the router for the IP of the HTPC with MySQL installed. This is done in many different ways as there are many different routers. This site will help with that. You may also need to allow access to the windows firewall I THINK that site can help with that too.

As for the add-on you mentioned, you need to get help with that from it's support site as you are not supposed to discuss 3rd party add-ons here....

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - MissShadows - 2015-08-24

i am so sorry, i changed my post, leaving the name of the addon out

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - skulker - 2015-08-25

(2015-08-24, 12:17)MissShadows Wrote: I hope someone can help me, because i am very stuck.
I have an HTPC, windows 7 and an android tablet, both using Kodi.
I am using a addon to stream tv shows and movies.
I want to be able to add videos to my library, but i want to store my library on my nas so i can access it with both devices, and that they sync, so when i watched an episode on my htpc i can see on my tablet that i have watched episode 1.
But i get stuck with the cofiguration and installation.
Do i install mysql on my nas or on my pc.
and in the configuration which config type do i choose?
And when creating the xml file, what ip adress do i put in, my nas or my htpc?

I have my library on my NAS, MySQL on a Windows7 PC, and run KODI on 2 other PCs and 2 Chromeboxes. All my watched flags are synced across devices as well as my resume functions.

My NAS is running unRAID. I tried to put MySQL on the NAS but had nothing but issues during shutdown. You have to shutdown MySQL clean before you can shutdown the NAS or the disks will not dismount. Every time I tried I would end up corrupting my database and doing a rebuild. Since I have a large library this took a LONG time. I don't recommend running off your NAS unless you know what you are doing.

So I use a Windows7 PC for MySQL server and leave it up 7x24 (which it was anyway). I do my library updates from it.

Use the wiki for the config of MySQL. Don't use the latest version of MySQL but the one specified there.

Your xml file should have the ip address of the device running MySQL.

You will have to configure firewall ports but I don't know why you would need to open router ports. Unless you are accessing from outside your LAN it should only go through a switch and not the router. I may be wrong but I don't recall doing anything to my router.

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - flhthemi - 2015-08-26

Port 3306 is mentioned in the wiki as part of the advancedsettings.xml file. I don't know the whys and wherefor for it being there but I opened it on my router and that's when it started working, go figure.

HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - flitter2009 - 2015-08-26

(2015-08-25, 21:02)skulker Wrote: Use the wiki for the config of MySQL. Don't use the latest version of MySQL but the one specified there.

I have it working on a Synology NAS with the latest mariadb (and PHPmyAdmin) with no visible issues.

The wiki is the way to go, if you follow that you should be fine but learning a little MySQL will help with troubleshooting.

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - Raytestrak - 2015-10-23

Just tried the new 5.7.9 MySQL. All looked well, until I tried to clean my database. It couldn't remove items from my database be doing a cleanup, only manual deletion worked. It was a clean install by the way. Back to 5.6 it is ...

RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - Milhouse - 2015-10-24

(2015-10-23, 23:09)Raytestrak Wrote: Just tried the new 5.7.9 MySQL. All looked well, until I tried to clean my database. It couldn't remove items from my database be doing a cleanup, only manual deletion worked. It was a clean install by the way. Back to 5.6 it is ...

Your debug log (wiki) would have been useful.