Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility (/showthread.php?tid=158373)

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - P_Jamula - 2015-10-04

where can I find the mklocal.py tool please??

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - m0ephawka - 2015-10-04

First and foremost. thank you for creating this amazing tool/script. has saved me tons of useless space taken by cached images i never use or have need for.

now for my noob question. either my search skills are lacking or i'm too stupid to figure it out. what is the syntax to remove *all* Actor Thumbnails please? i am unable to find how to do this and its the only thing left in my thumbnails folder that i don't use/need

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - Milhouse - 2015-10-04

(2015-10-04, 18:18)P_Jamula Wrote: where can I find the mklocal.py tool please??

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py

It's in the tools folder.

(2015-10-04, 18:02)pgjensen Wrote: I run your program to update thumbnails for movies/tv when my computer wakes up from sleep, so it can cache newly added items. Kodi is always open, so it has initial focus. When I run the python script via the task scheduler, it minimizes Kodi and shows the python console. I've tried running it as "minimized" in the scheduler, tried running a vbs script with different window settings to keep it minimized, etc, but every time it steals focus and minimizes Kodi.

pythonw.exe would launch your script asynchronously with no output, but I believe your script needs a no output option for that to work properly. If you try to write to stdout/stderr/etc I believe it causes pythonw to silently fail.

You can redirect output to NUL on Windows, or to a file. The following works fine on Windows, with no console:

Code:
pythonw.exe texturecache.py c movies 1>c:\stdout 2>c:\stderr

If you're not interested in the output, redirect stdout and stderr to NUL:
Code:
pythonw.exe texturecache.py c movies 1>NUL 2>NUL

The remaining potential issue is that pythonw executes asynchronously, but that's a general Windows issue with no easy solution if you want to run commands in strict sequence (using third-party/sysinternals tools to polll the process list for the presence of pythonw.exe would be one solution).

(2015-10-04, 19:41)m0ephawka Wrote: First and foremost. thank you for creating this amazing tool/script. has saved me tons of useless space taken by cached images i never use or have need for.

now for my noob question. either my search skills are lacking or i'm too stupid to figure it out. what is the syntax to remove *all* Actor Thumbnails please? i am unable to find how to do this and its the only thing left in my thumbnails folder that i don't use/need

Thanks

It depends on the urls of the actor artwork. Some might be local (on your NAS etc.), some might be hosted on thetvdb.com (eg. "http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/"), others might be hosted on imdb.com (eg. "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images" - not sure if posters/fanart use the same type of url so check what you have).

Your best bet would be to use the purge command, specifying a suitable url pattern that would remove the relevant artwork items from the cache, based on their url (you can specify multiple url patterns for each purge command, eg. "texturecache.py purge all <pattern1> <pattern2> <pattern3>"). Use "purgetest" in place of "purge" to perform a dry-run and view what would be deleted.

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - pgjensen - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-04, 21:48)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 18:02)pgjensen Wrote: I run your program to update thumbnails for movies/tv when my computer wakes up from sleep, so it can cache newly added items. Kodi is always open, so it has initial focus. When I run the python script via the task scheduler, it minimizes Kodi and shows the python console. I've tried running it as "minimized" in the scheduler, tried running a vbs script with different window settings to keep it minimized, etc, but every time it steals focus and minimizes Kodi.

pythonw.exe would launch your script asynchronously with no output, but I believe your script needs a no output option for that to work properly. If you try to write to stdout/stderr/etc I believe it causes pythonw to silently fail.

You can redirect output to NUL on Windows, or to a file. The following works fine on Windows, with no console:

Code:
pythonw.exe texturecache.py c movies 1>c:\stdout 2>c:\stderr

If you're not interested in the output, redirect stdout and stderr to NUL:
Code:
pythonw.exe texturecache.py c movies 1>NUL 2>NUL

The remaining potential issue is that pythonw executes asynchronously, but that's a general Windows issue with no easy solution if you want to run commands in strict sequence (using third-party/sysinternals tools to polll the process list for the presence of pythonw.exe would be one solution).

PERFECT, thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - P_Jamula - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-04, 18:18)P_Jamula Wrote: where can I find the mklocal.py tool please??

(2015-10-04, 21:08)Milhouse Wrote:

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py

It's in the tools folder.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - marhutchy - 2015-10-05

Is there a way I can make modifications to multiple items instead of just one or all?

texturecache.py C tvshows "hell on wheels" "homeland" "gotham" "sleepy hollow"

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - Milhouse - 2015-10-05

No, there's not, however there are options to restrict what will be cached, which may or may not work for you depending on why you are re-caching.

For example to only re-cache artwork added/modified within a period (number of days) or since a specific date/time use @cache.refresh=# or @cache.refresh='yyyy-mm-dd hh:mmConfuseds'. So to re-cache all tvshows with artwork modified in the last 2 days: "C tvshows @cache.refresh=2".

Or you can use different @filter and @filter.operation combinations eg . "@filter=dateadded @filter.operator=greaterthan 2015-06-01" to select only those items added since 1 June. The default filter is "title", and the default filter.operator is "contains". See the Kodi JSON RPC API for available fields and operators.

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - marhutchy - 2015-10-05

Okay. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - yhs4260 - 2015-10-12

Hello,

Firstly I have just started to use this amazing script and I want to thank the creator and contributors for a very fine job! It really is fantastic, well done.

I have a question that I am unsure about.

My rPi is scheduled to download a range of TV shows almost immediately from the point of release and then perform a Library scan at 8am in the morning (gmt).

Often, because of the freshness of the releases, their is no thumbnail art created for the episode, and it appears blank.

Now I realise I can rescan the library using this tool to rescrape them, my question is, can I narrow this down to new releases that have arrived in my database in just the last 24 hours?

Then I could scan every hour for releases added within the last 24 hours and rescrape automatically, then as soon as the art is available it will be captured in at most 1 hour.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - Milhouse - 2015-10-12

"texturecache.py qax tvshows @qaperiod=1" would process only shows/episodes added within previous 1 day, and if an episode is missing a thumb, and the thumb exists locally, then the episode will be refreshed (removed from the library and re-scraped).

If you're not using local artwork then add "@qa.fail.checkexists=no" - this will refresh the episode each time until the thumb is found.

Ps. Any episode with a blank/missing plot will also be refreshed, for the same reason that plots often aren't added until a day or so after an episode first airs.

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - RockDawg - 2015-10-14

I am trying to restore the watched status for my videos and there seems to be a small problem. A lot of my movies are being given a last payed date that's the same as the date when I ran the restore command in texture cache (10/11/15). What's weird though is if I view the dat file created by the backup command, it shows a correct date like 4-5-14. I can't see a common link between the titles that are restoring incorrect dates. Many have a last played time of 00:00:00 and I thought that might be it, but I've found titles that also have that last played time where the last played date was restored correctly.

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - Milhouse - 2015-10-14

(2015-10-14, 02:34)RockDawg Wrote: A lot of my movies are being given a last payed date that's the same as the date when I ran the restore command in texture cache (10/11/15).

I suspect they're not being given those last played dates, rather the movies in your library already have those last played dates (why, I don't know).

The script won't update the last played date for a movie or episode if the last played date in the media library is more recent than that in the file being restored (ie. you've watched the movie/episode again since creating the backup). Likewise for the resume point, if it is "further along" than the resume point from the backup (because again, you've watched more of the movie/episode since creating the backup) then the "stale" resume point won't be restored.

This should all be reflected in the "unchanged" count after the file is restored (although if the resume point is being changed but the last played date is not changing, or vice versa, the item will show as being restored, when in fact it is only being partially restored).

Anyway, if you want to overwrite the lastplayed/resume point values in your media library regardless of which is more recent, then add "@watched.overwrite=yes" on the command line.

RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - RockDawg - 2015-10-14

I never considered that might be what's happening. I'll try that. Thanks!

EDIT: Worked great. Thanks!