Kodi Community Forum
Android BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) (/showthread.php?tid=158787)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - bassie123 - 2013-10-01

Great app, i really like it!

Only downside for me is, it causes massive battery drain for me (50% in 1 hour).
Tried it on different settings and devices but nothing seems to work.
Anyone else having battery drain, or have a fix for it?

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - TeKo - 2013-10-01

Hmm...
Could you make a screenshot of Settings/Battery after the app drained the battery.

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - bassie123 - 2013-10-01

Not as bad as before, but still a lot of drain.

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - TeKo - 2013-10-02

Does this happen when you use the App or also when its just in the background?

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - bassie123 - 2013-10-03

It happens when i turn on constant light for example, and then run the app in the background or put my device in standby.

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - TeKo - 2013-10-03

Ok thanks looking into this.

A bit of drain should always be there because sadly boblight only works when you hold the connection.

So the device never goes to sleep (only screen off) when the lights are still on.

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - DoubleT - 2013-10-22

Thanks so much for all the work on this so far, just got everything up and running last night.
And just worked out why notifications werent working, more testing tonight.

How difficult would it be to integrate boblight with Tasker? So we could build profiles and tasks which could send custom sequences or notifications to boblight.

My thinking is setting different colors and pulse patterns / sequences for different types of notification / app

Bodging this together with my x10 lights control and starting to have a setup worthy of a multiplex!

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - TeKo - 2013-10-22

Did you activate the accessibility service in android settings?

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - DoubleT - 2013-10-22

Yeah this is what i realised, will test it when i get home but pretty sure thats the reason.
Is the tasker stuff or custom notification options possible? Or just a massive headache for no real reward?

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - TeKo - 2013-10-22

Im not really using Tasker anymore but I can look into it.

With custom notification you mean something like activate only for app X, Y and Z and use different colors?

Should be possible I just need a good way to select the Apps.

Yeah thats pretty much it. So a possible implementation would be to have a Mood Light sequence activated on a GMail Notification and a LED Snake activated on a Facebook Notification.

This way we could create a Mood Light sequence of the Apps main colors and then just tie that to the notification. I guess its more a tasker plugin than a feature for your app, now ive thought about it a bit more. What do you think?

I suppose a feature like this has an even smaller niche market. I wont hold my breath for an update :p

Cheers again for your great work!

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - SebastianM - 2013-10-24

Hey, I am using BobDroid with Raspbmc... Unfortunately, the only mode that seems to work is "constant light". Moodlight seems to get stuck at the first color, and rainbow light cannot be canceled...

Any suggestions?

And could someone explain me those priorities?

thx

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - spambus - 2013-11-01

I would love to see a Tasker plugin to controll boblightd, or that the bobdroid app would support intents, tasker can send intents to other apps who support this.

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - TeKo - 2013-11-01

What I read about Tasker plugins its shouldnt be that hard but I think the problem again is that I have to keep the connection to the server.

For example for something like turn lights on when I sign into my wifi or something like that I have to keep the connection running the background the whole time.

Im not working a lot on the app right now but I try to get something done over the next week.

RE: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play) - spambus - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 17:21)TeKo Wrote: Im not working a lot on the app right now but I try to get something done over the next week.

thank you

I was just wondering...

I can allready controll boblightd trough tasker, with plugins like AutoRemote or other ssh plugins, wich start a ssh session, and then by executing the command boblight-constant followed by the needed parameters

but this always takes a long time before such a command is executed, like 5 to 30 seconds

How come bobdroid works instantly?

does it also send commands with boblight-constant command?

or is there another way to communicate with the boblightd deamon trough udp?