Kodi Community Forum
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: nbox (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=196)
+----- Thread: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) (/showthread.php?tid=159243)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - niamu - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 07:11)circle_ Wrote: Maybe I missed this and am running a dated version, but when I choose to "Scan for new content" on either of my directories, I see no dialogue letting me know if the scan is still in progress.

I suspect that you're running an old version or something else is amiss here because I see no noticeable difference in the code of my dialogs to that of other skins that would cause this.

(2013-03-21, 10:53)da-anda Wrote: I noticed yesterday that the color schemes are broken - some graphics/icons/bars (like progress bar, some arrows) stay in this lime green.
Also, I somehow got trapped in the left menu on home screen (the one with pictures, programs, favorites, ...).

The colour schemes are probably broken because I extracted all of the images out of the texture files as that is a requirement of submitting the skin to the official repo. I was researching how to get those images to display, but never did figure it out and had other matters to look into. Any insights would be appreciated.

I'll look into how you "somehow" got trapped in the left menu. Tongue

@Rotten, nice mod. Hacking away at this skin is how I learned (am still learning) how to skin. Let me know if you run into problems trying to do something. But note that it isn't going to change my mind about having more views in nbox. Big Grin

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Rotten - 2013-03-21

That's perfectly ok, I would have changed some things here and there anyways and i like to dig around in the files a bit. Wink

As far as I have read about the textures, they should be packed with the TexturePacker and then moved to the media folder as themename.xbt.
Dunno if that's what you meant.

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Chokladkakan - 2013-03-21

I'm very grateful you took your time to take on this skin. I used Tree_Jammer's skin for a long, long time despite its various shortcomings because of how utterly gorgeous it is. Thank you (and Tree_Jammer, should he return).

Now, first order of business:

I think the status dialogue (the rectangle in the top-left corner that tells me what my library update is up to; I haven't a clue what it's actually called) is absolutely gorgeous, in particular because of how it extends the little lime green line, but I wouldn't object to it being hidden during video playback. As it stands now it distracts from the viewing experience somewhat.

Second item on the agenda:

Some of my television series, for reasons unknown, lack their season-all.tbn. Would it be possible to have such shows fall back on the show poster instead of the rather drab stock image currently taking its place?

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Rotten - 2013-03-21

Hm there I have my first question about the Infomanager...
Why are there 2 commas in these lines:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),, unwatched episode]</label>
and....
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, min]</label>

Didnt find any info bout that.

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - username145 - 2013-03-22

Minuscule thing, but in the PVR OSD (and regular OSD, where applicable) the capitalisation of "on next" and "end time" is inconsistent. "On Next" ought to be the same case in all 3 instances it appears (including the main pvr channel list) and "end time" ought to match.

So yup... that's all I've got after a few days of heavy use Big Grin

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - username145 - 2013-03-22

Oops, forgot one: while watching PVR, press "c", then "up" or "down". It takes 2 keypresses to actually scroll through the list the first time. It then works fine till you close the menu and bring it up again Smile

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - gabsaoleo - 2013-03-22

I know I've added Korean support. Now, I've replaced all my skin files and even with all files set to default, my fonts look BIG. What's going onHuh?

Did you make the fonts bigger? They also look different than the first release.

Thank you for this amazing skin!!!!!

Hm, I'm learning to make skins with Foundation skin but I'm not planning to make a new one. I just wanna improve the existent ones.

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Rotten - 2013-03-22

The genre view doesnt work with other languages (no images get displayed), because it uses the localized strings to get the images.
Just trying to figure out how to fix that without creaing a variable and checkin for each string in every language for every single genre.

btw. figured out why there where 2 commas for the infoparser... was a bit blind there Wink

EDIT: I kinda fixed the problem with the genre now. I localized the genres and mapped them with a variable to the right icons.
Did it for my new MovieView though, not yet for the GenreFilter View.

Little Preview:

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Chokladkakan - 2013-03-22

I'd like to put forward somewhat of a feature request, if you don't mind, but first some back story:

I watch quite a lot shows, and I have more still in the library, and for that reason I've developed a habit of browsing my shows with the watched ones hidden and sorting based on episode count. This way any new episode of a show I'm actively watching will be at the top of the list, which is very practical.

The downside of this is that when I want to watch some series I haven't caught up with I only know approximately where it is, based on roughly how many episodes I have yet to see, so I navigate to some appropriate place in the list and search for the right cover from there on.

Now to the feature: because I often end up searching for a show based on its cover, it would be very helpful if you could implement an option to not dim the show covers (as well as movie covers, perhaps), or at least to make them a little brighter than they currently are. As it is now it's sometimes a little hard to discern what show might be hidden under that blur of darkness, especially when the screen is farther away.

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - bigbodiehard - 2013-03-22

Love the skin great work. In the widgets for tv shows is there a way to display watch list instead of latest tv shows

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - niamu - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-21, 22:32)Chokladkakan Wrote: Some of my television series, for reasons unknown, lack their season-all.tbn. Would it be possible to have such shows fall back on the show poster instead of the rather drab stock image currently taking its place?

I'm not sure exactly what's happening here, but I'm 99% sure this is something that XBMC needs to handle and not an issue with the skin. Look into setting the art yourself using the context menus and that should resolve it.

(2013-03-22, 08:57)username145 Wrote: While watching PVR, press "c", then "up" or "down". It takes 2 keypresses to actually scroll through the list the first time. It then works fine till you close the menu and bring it up again Smile

I'm still not sure why it behaves this way. On my list of things to resolve though.

(2013-03-22, 14:19)gabsaoleo Wrote: Did you make the fonts bigger? They also look different than the first release.

I made some changes to the fonts to make sure they were not copyrighted fonts or fonts that required any licensing. No other changes have been made.

(2013-03-22, 14:41)Rotten Wrote: I localized the genres and mapped them with a variable to the right icons.

I'd love to see your code for this as I haven't worked out the best solution for this yet.

(2013-03-22, 16:41)Chokladkakan Wrote: Now to the feature: because I often end up searching for a show based on its cover, it would be very helpful if you could implement an option to not dim the show covers (as well as movie covers, perhaps), or at least to make them a little brighter than they currently are. As it is now it's sometimes a little hard to discern what show might be hidden under that blur of darkness, especially when the screen is farther away.

I understand your request, but since Tree_Jammer denied similar requests to brighten things previously, I'm going to stick with that.

(2013-03-22, 16:52)bigbodiehard Wrote: Love the skin great work. In the widgets for tv shows is there a way to display watch list instead of latest tv shows

Elbert has done some coding to allow for this, I just haven't had a chance to test it all out yet. I have decided that I'll include it in the final release once I make sure it is polished and ready for the public.

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - gabsaoleo - 2013-03-23

@niamu. I think I have a solution for the font problem. I found a similar font. It's open source. I'm testing it first. Smile

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - Rotten - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-22, 22:30)niamu Wrote: I'd love to see your code for this as I haven't worked out the best solution for this yet.

PM'ed

Just found a new bug Sad

Start playing a song
Hit "i" for Trackinfo
Then "TAB" for the Fullscreenoverlay

Same goes for Albuminfo.

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - username145 - 2013-03-24

One more, not sure how I missed this:

RE: [BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod) - bigbodiehard - 2013-03-26

Would Love the End Time on Osd. Are you planning on including Custom home items?