Kodi Community Forum
Spotify plugin addon - viable? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Spotify plugin addon - viable? (/showthread.php?tid=161062)

Spotify plugin addon - viable? - Fleshgolem - 2013-03-31

So i am not quite content with spotimc, since as it is a script i can't control it via remote like other plugins (also i find the search function rather wonky)

Now spotyxbmc2 would propably fix that but it seems like a pain to setup and integrates to deeply for my taste

I know quite a bit of python and took a look at pyspotify before, so i am quite confident that I could write a regular plugin, but would have to read into the xbmc api first

But the fact that nobody did this until now, leaves me wondering: Is there any reason why you shouldn't do this or it can't be achieved at all?

RE: Spotify plugin addon - viable? - locoguano - 2013-04-01

I think the catch is that most folks just do not want to sign up for a premium music service that costs more than Netflix. I signed up for the 30 day trial to see if I would like Spotyxbmc2... I do... I have never compiled anything before but the linux compile was a breeze. Windows was much more involved but I managed it.

RE: Spotify plugin addon - viable? - KRKA01 - 2013-04-02

(2013-03-31, 15:45)Fleshgolem Wrote: So i am not quite content with spotimc, since as it is a script i can't control it via remote like other plugins (also i find the search function rather wonky)

I can control spotimc with my remote control with no problem. Is it a specific function you want to control or are you unable to use the remote with spotimc at all?

RE: Spotify plugin addon - viable? - marv_el - 2013-04-02

(2013-03-31, 15:45)Fleshgolem Wrote: So i am not quite content with spotimc, since as it is a script i can't control it via remote like other plugins (also i find the search function rather wonky)

Now spotyxbmc2 would propably fix that but it seems like a pain to setup and integrates to deeply for my taste

I know quite a bit of python and took a look at pyspotify before, so i am quite confident that I could write a regular plugin, but would have to read into the xbmc api first

But the fact that nobody did this until now, leaves me wondering: Is there any reason why you shouldn't do this or it can't be achieved at all?

i am using spotimc as well and it works rather good, but it really has some disadvantages. i can't browse files while listening to spotify-music. the look is not my taste and it doesn't fit to my skin (aeon nox which is mostly black and light-yellow).
so i would really appreciate a regular python-plugin instead of a script if it's possible.

i am a premium user and for me it's really worth it.

RE: Spotify plugin addon - viable? - perro6969 - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-02, 09:51)marv_el Wrote: i can't browse files while listening to spotify-music.
That's weird, because I can...
I use the color buttons from my remote control to go to the audio or video sections and from there you can navigate through your files. Give it a try!

RE: Spotify plugin addon - viable? - fredphoesh - 2013-08-07

(2013-03-31, 15:45)Fleshgolem Wrote: I know quite a bit of python and took a look at pyspotify before, so i am quite confident that I could write a regular plugin, but would have to read into the xbmc api first

Please do, Spotimc does not work with android! A major bummer - so if you do try it, please have it work with Android TV boxes too!
cheers
Mark.

RE: Spotify plugin addon - viable? - michande - 2013-08-21

(2013-08-07, 18:55)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 15:45)Fleshgolem Wrote: I know quite a bit of python and took a look at pyspotify before, so i am quite confident that I could write a regular plugin, but would have to read into the xbmc api first

Please do, Spotimc does not work with android! A major bummer - so if you do try it, please have it work with Android TV boxes too!
cheers
Mark.

Looking forward to it aswell :-) Kinda would like to "send to" as is possible with yatse.