Kodi Community Forum
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's (/showthread.php?tid=161793)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - rmiheev - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-22, 07:14)hste Wrote: rmiheev

You need to set the TZ variable for your timezone in your /etc/rc.local

And to add to rc.local? Kindly tell me.

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - hste - 2013-10-27

rmiheev

When you mount card into a linux pc, you can access the file and edit it.Its looks like the rootfs hasn't the timezoneinfo table for the countries so you have set it in the old unix way.
For TZ in moscow I think its export TZ=NFT-4DFT-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
export TZ=NFT-4DFT-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0

One tip I got that might help is to try to set some cardparameters so you could also try to add this to /etc/rc.local on your card. For TZ in moscow I think its export TZ=NFT-4DFT-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
ethtool -K eth0 rx off tx off
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

and comment out the start of xbmc to get console:
#/imx6/xbmc/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin &

hste

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - mios - 2013-10-29

Hi and thanks to wolfgar and hste for your work!

I have installed using hste´s script and need some help, i got wifi working but it only does so about every third restart. Some restarts it gets stuck before starting XBMC asking for login and then hangs if you if you enter a username, and some times it boots just fine into xbmc but without working wifi. Is there a yocto log file somewhere i can check for further investigations?

Also im having trubble with addons, i cant find any in the xbmc.org repo and from other repos most of the addons states that they are broken due to missing dependencies. Is this because it is based on an XBMC alpha13?

Otherwise it seems to be working fine, interface feels very fast and responsive for ARM based system. My livingroom system based on a 8726m3 is painfully slow in comparison.
I modded my gk802 with an old passive cpu cooler mounted directly onto the soc, temperture is about 70c idling in homescreen with rss activted.

Mio

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - wolfgar - 2013-10-29

Hi Mio,

You can try to pass "loglevel=7" as kernel parameter to get as many kernel logs as possible on console when the freeze occurs.
you could also change var/log to permanent storage on the sdcard instead tmpfs to have the logs (or at least part of them) at reboot
Generally speaking your symptoms are strange : Do you experience similar issues if you don't configure wifi ?

For addons : there are several possible explanations : sometimes a compatibility issue can be blamed but most of the time a python modules is missing : Have a look at /tmp/temp/xbmc.log you will have an error and will know which additional module has to be installed (with smart)

Best regards
Stephan

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - hste - 2013-10-29

hi mio

I think it can be a power problem. Do you use a powered hub to connect mouse, keyboard etc?
Try uncomment out the start of xbmc in /etc/rc.local and check if u get net. Then you can start xbmc manually with running /imx6/xbmc/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin &
and see if you loose net.

NB!!I have updated mkxbmc.sh script so it now add some firmware made a new kernel and use rtlwifi modules instead of 8192cu (the module is still there but it loads rtl8192c_common,rtlwifi,rtl8192cu first)

hste

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - mios - 2013-10-29

Hi and thanks for the answers.

After reading wolfgars answer i started going thru the logs and realized that i forgot to set the correct date so i installed the ntp packages and now it boots fine everytime with working wifi set to dhcp, and the addons are all available so it seems my problems were all related to the time date configuration. Now wifi is very stable so i feel a bit hesitant to try out the new version of the script but i´ll try to find another card and report back when i tried it.

I do get errors in the xbmc.log about python decimal module missing when trying to play content from one addon and cant find no such module in the smart repo. Dont know what to do?

The system hangs two times out of three when searching in youtube addon with video playing in the background.

Also fps falls to 7-15 if i try to jump backwards in a video but forward works good.

Thanks for your help
Mio

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - pebol - 2013-10-29

(2013-10-21, 10:51)rmiheev Wrote: Be so kind as to tell anybody how to set the time zone on xbmc GK802. A shows the time is less than 4 hours. (ie need a time zone +4 MSK, as shown +0 UTS)?

I have just copied the /usr/share/zoneinfo folder and the /etc/timezone file of my linux pc to my Wandboard-Quad. Now I can choose the time zones. Maybe this will also work with your GK802.

Peter

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - wolfgar - 2013-10-30

Hi mio

Nice to read that you solved your biggest issue
For your python decimal module, install "python-numbers" package and you will have it :
smart install python-numbers

For youtube addon I don't know for now : do you have any relevant logs when it happens ?

Also I solved the jump backward issue 3 days ago : it was severely broken in your image. Expect a great improvement with my next image (released very soon)

Regards
Stephan

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - 321liftoff - 2013-10-31

(2013-10-30, 23:37)wolfgar Wrote: Also I solved the jump backward issue 3 days ago : it was severely broken in your image. Expect a great improvement with my next image (released very soon)

Any luck on deinterlacing / mpeg2 decode for LiveTV?

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - pszab - 2013-11-07

Another competitor: VIA VAB-820

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - wolfgar - 2013-11-08

Hi,

There is a new image released here

Stephan

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - pszab - 2013-11-08

Fantastic wolfgar! Thanks

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - brambat - 2013-11-08

wolfgar, hste,

Is there any chance to make image for GK802, I tried to do it with with script on ubuntu but failed.

Gents, PLEASE..............

BTW
Thanks for Your work!

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - hste - 2013-11-08

brambat

I have updated the http://stende.no-ip.info/files/xbmc/mkxbmc.sh so it use the latest image from wolfgar

hste

RE: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's - wolfgar - 2013-11-08

@pszab thanks a lot for your feedback

@hste
Thanks a lot for your continuous GK802 support.
How does it behave on it ?