Kodi Community Forum
Win Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Win Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 (/showthread.php?tid=162888)

Pages: 1 2

Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - newman87 - 2013-04-20

Hi all,
I hope someone can help me im a bit of a noob at all this.
I am getting really jumpy movie playback through xbmc but the movies are playing perfectly through VLC so i thought i would try to add VLC as an external player in XBMC.
i have created an xml file named playercorefactory as suggested in multiple other threads and placed it into my userdata folder.
the file contents are
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

i have left the original playercorefactory xml in the system folder aswell
i cannot seem to get the option to use an external player anywhere.
The movies still play in XBMC and even when i press C i dont get a play using option
I am totally confused and getting a little frustrated (ive been playing around with this for hours)
What am i doing wrongHuh?
Any help would be appreciated.

BTW i forgot to write the new XML i have created and placed into userdata ONLY contains the above bit of code i removed the original code. did i need to keep the original code aswell for the file i placed in userdata??
Do i need to add that bit of code to the playercorefactory xml in system??
Totally lost lol.
Thanks again

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - steelman1991 - 2013-04-20

Only things I can think of is that either your path to the external player is incorrect, or more likely that you haven't placed the file in the correct location (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata).

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - newman87 - 2013-04-20

Steelman you genius, i had it saved in programfiles\xbmc\userdata. Thank you very much, hours of stuffing around i feel like an idiot lol.

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - steelman1991 - 2013-04-21

You're welcome - its often overlooked and placed exactly where you did - glad its working now.

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - TBT1 - 2013-04-21

Hi gentlemen.

Where about in XBMC do you enter the programming codes??
I wish to use VLC as my player to XBMC, because there is this white flashes that appears in my movies and tv series.

The help will be much appreciated.

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - Blackkatt - 2013-04-21

(2013-04-21, 01:29)TBT1 Wrote: Hi gentlemen.

I wish to use VLC as my player to XBMC, because there is this white flashes that appears in my movies and tv series.

Hi!

have u found a solution to your problem?

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - TBT1 - 2013-04-21

Nope...nothing :-(

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - Blackkatt - 2013-04-21

there are other having the same issue, if i remember correctly it was solved by updating drivers for the graphics card, can have another look tomorrow, its late here. search the forum for white flashes something should come up.

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - newman87 - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-21, 01:29)TBT1 Wrote: Hi gentlemen.

Save the code that i have written in my first post as an xml file (assuming that your VLC is saved in the same location as mine was). Name the file playercorefactory and place it in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
This is what worked for me.
Good luck

BTW with this code you have to press C when in the movie folder and it will give you a play using option and you just select VLC, You can make VLC the automatic player but you have to add a little bit extra to the code.
Add the following between </players> and </playercorefactory>:

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mp4" player="VLC" />
</rules>

Just change the filetype depending on what type of file you wish to watch in VLC for me it was mp4's

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - Blackkatt - 2013-04-22

You should not have to use VLC with XBMC that's just silly!

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - newman87 - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-22, 08:31)Blackkatt Wrote: You should not have to use VLC with XBMC that's just silly!

Tell me about it, but when i get really bad and choppy playback with the default player in xbmc but perfect in vlc i see no other option. I like the menu's and the way xbmc is set out and this is the only way i see to be able to keep that and get the quality i want. I have tried changing every setting imaginable and updated every driver but still cant get good playback in xbmc.

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - Blackkatt - 2013-04-23

Give me a debug log

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - TBT1 - 2013-04-23

Thanks a million Newman...I will post that into the code....

VLC is just reliable that's all.No hating

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - onkal - 2014-01-08

Hi everybody,
I want to use pot player and tmt6 together. Then I saved the code but it didn't play. What is my wrong?

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="PotPlayerMini" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Daum\PotPlayer\ PotPlayerMini.exe</filename>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
   </player>
   <player name=" uLaunchTMT6" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename> C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\ uLaunchTMT6.exe</filename>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv|m2ts|mov|bdmv|mpls" player=" PotPlayerMini "/>
   <rule filetypes="iso|bd|dvd" player=" uLaunchTMT6"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Trying to use VLC as an external player with frodo 12.1 - Eckard - 2014-03-11

Hey guys

Hope all is well.

Wanted to run something pass you guys...using the script to use VLC as default video player...... When using the "play from here" option in say for example a folder with many music videos...you cannot just quit VLC player without XBMC opening the next music video in VLC.....any work-arounds or ideas on this?

Thx