Kodi Community Forum
Archive - old posts - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Archive - old posts (/showthread.php?tid=163360)

RE: Amber - User 34959 - 2013-08-06

Press the gear icon in the top right corner.

RE: Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-08

Ver 0.4.6

- Adds support for skin.widgets script - thanks to Toiva (You need to manually install script.widgets from the main repo. This may come with performance penalties, depending on your setup and script settings)
- Add quit menu customisation
- Arial font support (not really recommended unless you are using language not supported by default font - it will make Amber look like ass
- Fix fanart info view
- Add missing brackets - thanks Sjengfred
- Remove CPU usage from SysInfo

Update from Git repository or wait until new version is available in skin dev repository (strongly recommended for ATV, RPi... )

RE: Amber - User 34959 - 2013-08-08

The way skin.widgets integration works is:

- When you don't have the addon installed "recently added" toggle switch will work as before
- When you have the addon installed, "use skin widgets" and "recently added" turned on, it will use the addon to list recently added content. By default addon lists only unwatched recent content. If you want to show recently added content that is already watched, go to the addon settings and change the setting
- When addon is installed and "use skin widgets" is on you will have to option to enable recommended movies, episodes, albums and concerts. I did not add support to music video clips as i don't have any content in library and would be hard to test.
- To save some cpu cycles you can go to the addon settings and disable random items. It is not used for anything. My logic is that if you want to pick a random movie or whatever to watch, you can go to the library views and pick something.

RE: Amber - relyter - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 14:35)pecinko Wrote: Ver 0.4.6

Is it done to prevent high cpu on Rpi or similar hardware? From my experience it's enough to remove usage bar, infolabel doesn't cause 100% cpu.

RE: Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 15:14)relyter Wrote:

Is it done to prevent high cpu on Rpi or similar hardware? From my experience it's enough to remove usage bar, infolabel doesn't cause 100% cpu.

Yup. I can bring back percentage label just not sure about usability - it always show 0% on my Macbook?

RE: Amber - relyter - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 15:16)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 15:14)relyter Wrote:

Yup. I can bring back percentage label just not sure about usability - it always show 0% on my Macbook?

I think i had non 0% reading on my RPi in Amber and Confluence, but i could be able to check it for sure in 10 days or so.

RE: Amber - kzeleny - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 15:01)toiva Wrote: The way skin.widgets integration works is:

- When you don't have the addon installed "recently added" toggle switch will work as before
- When you have the addon installed, "use skin widgets" and "recently added" turned on, it will use the addon to list recently added content. By default addon lists only unwatched recent content. If you want to show recently added content that is already watched, go to the addon settings and change the setting
- When addon is installed and "use skin widgets" is on you will have to option to enable recommended movies, episodes, albums and concerts. I did not add support to music video clips as i don't have any content in library and would be hard to test.
- To save some cpu cycles you can go to the addon settings and disable random items. It is not used for anything. My logic is that if you want to pick a random movie or whatever to watch, you can go to the library views and pick something.

I have installed and enabled the skin widgets script. Set up the shelf to show recommended items. But I do not see recommended anywhere.

Am I missing somethingHuhHuh

Thanks

RE: Amber - bigwillch - 2013-08-08

Really liking the new features. Has favourites been intentionally removed from the shelf though?

Edit:

also - personally I'd really really like it if the random functionality could be considered as an option for the shelf. Kind of linked to previous comments about how it takes a while to load up a long list of films on the rpi - my preferred method of quickly browsing films is using a random playlist. If this could be added to the shelf that would be perfect for me.

RE: Amber - User 34959 - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 19:44)kzeleny Wrote: I have installed and enabled the skin widgets script. Set up the shelf to show recommended items. But I do not see recommended anywhere.

Thanks

Do you use library and scan your content to it? It does not work if you only use files views.

(2013-08-08, 22:17)toiva Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 19:44)kzeleny Wrote: I have installed and enabled the skin widgets script. Set up the shelf to show recommended items. But I do not see recommended anywhere.

Thanks

Do you use library and scan your content to it? It does not work if you only use files views.

All items are scanned into library.

Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-08

Post a debug log, please.

(2013-08-08, 22:29)pecinko Wrote: Post a debug log, please.

Here it is.

Debug Log

RE: Amber - ThaDraGun - 2013-08-09

How do I update? I have 0.4.5
I've tried force refresh and still nothing.

Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-09

From github, I have not yet send pull request for skin dev repo update.

RE: Amber - kzeleny - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-09, 00:46)ThaDraGun Wrote: How do I update? I have 0.4.5
I've tried force refresh and still nothing.

I don't think they have pushed it to the skin development repo yet. I downloaded the zip from GIT. Link is on the first post.