Kodi Community Forum
Archive - old posts - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Archive - old posts (/showthread.php?tid=163360)

RE: Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 01:22)~Craig~ Wrote: Is there even a way of manual editing the skin's files to achieve this?

PS. If none of this is possible could you even add a default option to have the info displayed without having to "push down"

Craig, most of the people have more than 2 tv shows so that view looks completely different. You can also use Low List.

If you wan't to manually edit take a look at View_57_58_59_Showcase.xml

(2013-08-14, 02:56)stuCONNERS Wrote: yeah restarted and vertical sorry

Works for me fine (restart needed)

RE: Amber - MindGuerrillas - 2013-08-15

@pecinko,

Great work on this skin. It's really smooth even on my atv2. I've got one issue with it though.

Views that show movie posters are not loading in the correct poster images. Instead I'm just getting crops of stills from the movie. All of the correct image files are in the folders with the videos and I've also run the Artwork downloader but the posters still do not show. This happens only in Amber. Confluence and Aeon Nox correctly show the posters.

This seems to be an identical issue to one I found in this thread about the Metropolis skin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164105&highlight=posters+appear+in+one+skin+but+not+another

This thread seems to suggest that it's a simple fix to get this working.

Can you take a look at it please?

Thanks

RE: Amber - ~Craig~ - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 09:25)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 01:22)~Craig~ Wrote: Is there even a way of manual editing the skin's files to achieve this?

PS. If none of this is possible could you even add a default option to have the info displayed without having to "push down"

Craig, most of the people have more than 2 tv shows so that view looks completely different. You can also use Low List.

If you wan't to manually edit take a look at View_57_58_59_Showcase.xml

Hi, I do have more than two tv shows, I done they screenshots from my PC for quickness and I have not finished setting it up / adding my content Smile

Thanks, I will take a look at the file you suggested

Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 10:19)MindGuerrillas Wrote: @pecinko,

Great work on this skin. It's really smooth even on my atv2. I've got one issue with it though.

Views that show movie posters are not loading in the correct poster images. Instead I'm just getting crops of stills from the movie. All of the correct image files are in the folders with the videos and I've also run the Artwork downloader but the posters still do not show. This happens only in Amber. Confluence and Aeon Nox correctly show the posters.

This seems to be an identical issue to one I found in this thread about the Metropolis skin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164105&highlight=posters+appear+in+one+skin+but+not+another

Can you take a look at it please?

Thanks

Please run addon MilhouseVH is talking about in that thread and report back.

RE: Amber - tuxen - 2013-08-15

Hi,
Great skin!
I'm trying the github version and I'm wondering is there no way to show recently added items?
When I go to "home shelf" it says "recently added: no", if I change that setting it switches to "enable home shelf: yes" I thought this was a indication that recently added would be shown now but when I go to the home menu no recently items are shown?

Best regards

(2013-08-15, 11:56)tuxen Wrote: Hi,
Great skin!
I'm trying the github version and I'm wondering is there no way to show recently added items?
When I go to "home shelf" it says "recently added: no", if I change that setting it switches to "enable home shelf: yes" I thought this was a indication that recently added would be shown now but when I go to the home menu no recently items are shown?

Best regards

Read the first post, please.

RE: Amber - tuxen - 2013-08-15

Wow that was fast..
Skin widgets doh.. Sorry.

Love your skin.

That fixed it.. Beautiful and ultra fast. In fact the fastest skin I ever seen. Smile

Thanks!

RE: Amber - MindGuerrillas - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 11:33)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 10:19)MindGuerrillas Wrote: This seems to be an identical issue to one I found in this thread about the Metropolis skin

Please run addon MilhouseVH is talking about in that thread and report back.

I've run the texturecache script as instructed in that thread and there's no difference. Most movies still do not show the correct poster. Manually refreshing them from within XBMC fixes it but I don't really want to have to do that for hundreds of entries. This isn't an issue in other skins though so my movies must have the correct images assigned to them. Any ideas as to what's different in Amber compared to those others? If not, as a last resort, I might clear out the library and rescan it but clearly I'd rather not have to do that!

(2013-08-15, 14:09)MindGuerrillas Wrote: I've run the texturecache script as instructed in that thread and there's no difference. Most movies still do not show the correct poster. Manually refreshing them from within XBMC fixes it but I don't really want to have to do that for hundreds of entries. This isn't an issue in other skins though so my movies must have the correct images assigned to them. Any ideas as to what's different in Amber compared to those others? If not, as a last resort, I might clear out the library and rescan it but clearly I'd rather not have to do that!

I'm sorry but that is XBMC bug. It simply is not true it does not manifest in other skins it is just that they worked around the problem in the meantime.

Try 0.5.1 from GitHub and report back. I have re-scanned library for Frodo so it does not manifest at my side.

RE: Amber - Milhouse - 2013-08-15

(2013-08-15, 14:09)MindGuerrillas Wrote: I've run the texturecache script as instructed in that thread and there's no difference. Most movies still do not show the correct poster. Manually refreshing them from within XBMC fixes it but I don't really want to have to do that for hundreds of entries.

So let's see what details you have for one of your "problem" movies - run the following command and paste the results:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies name-of-problem-movie

RE: Amber - ThaDraGun - 2013-08-16

Finally got the new version pushed.
I havent looked at all the different changes yet but it does look great. I really like the new shelf. That's one thing that I missed. I wish it could be hidden tho. With the main menu bar it covers more then half the screen. Only Heisenberg's eyes can be seen.
I think it would be better if you could just press up, and the Shelf appears on the screen. Press up again, and the shelf is gone.

Also, found a BUG:
If the Home Shelf is disabled but the Addons shelf is not, then the Main menu on the home screen will drop back down and it actually covers the addons icons. You can still access them by pressing down and selecting them, but it obviously isnt right.

Amber - pecinko - 2013-08-16

Aiming to please Wink

RE: Amber - Atinkler - 2013-08-16

Loving the update I've just found myself getting! OSD looks so much better (video quality would make it perfect :-) )
I've removed recommended and random options, rebooted but recommended TV and movies still showing up. Will they go after next scan?

Will there be an option in the future to have recommended movies only?

Really impressive skin! I think raspbmc would be mad not to make this the default skin

RE: Amber - danmedhurst - 2013-08-16

Fantastic work on the skin!
Love the recently added on the horizontal view.. jsut one question..

I don't use the Library view for my movies.. so i create a custom menu item to my files view favorite.. I'm not expecting you to implement it but would you be able to point me at the XML file that i would need to edit to get the movies recently added to show up under a custom menu item?

thanks

Edit : OK.. so i think its the Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml option..

What i want to do is either have the recently added stuff on the custom menu item OR change the movies menu item to go to the files view instead of the library view...

Edit 2 : Ok.. found the line i wanted to change (to make movies go to files).. just got to wait til the misses stops watching tv so i can test it Smile

Edit 2 : Woohoo.. It works Smile Any ideas of the <ONCLICK> command to load a favorite rather than a screen? Just need to turn off updates now to stop it over writing my changes Smile

Edit 4 : Last edit.. found the command.. cheers : ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://DAN-NAS/Movies/&quot;