Kodi Community Forum
Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool (/showthread.php?tid=164252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - baijuxavior - 2013-10-02

Try running the application in administrator mode. Also check if you can access regedit. Sometimes malware can block access to registry.

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - Cyrano2 - 2013-10-02

Ok, thanks. whith administrator permisions works fine.

I would like know if is it posible mapper one key (for example green key) for minimize Xbmc directly? If it's posible, can you tell me how I do this ?. Because I don't see the minimize option in your MCE mapper tool.

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - baijuxavior - 2013-10-03

It is not possible to minimize xbmc directly using a key. But you can use autohotkey script to capture the key and minimize the window.

The code below uses shortcut Win+H to minimize XBMC. Create ahk script in your startup folder.
Code:
#h::
WinGet status, MinMax, XBMC
If (status == -1)
    WinRestore XBMC
Else WinMinimize XBMC

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - Cyrano2 - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-03, 10:03)baijuxavior Wrote: It is not possible to minimize xbmc directly using a key. But you can use autohotkey script to capture the key and minimize the window.

The code below uses shortcut Win+H to minimize XBMC. Create ahk script in your startup folder.
Code:
#h::
WinGet status, MinMax, XBMC
If (status == -1)
    WinRestore XBMC
Else WinMinimize XBMC

Then,I understand that I create an .ahk script in my startup folder and then I go to your MCE mapper tool and assign to the green key whith Win+H. Is this ok ?

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - baijuxavior - 2013-10-03

Yes. Install autohoteky, create a new ahk script in your startup folder so that the script runs at login. Assign Win+H to the green key. Reboot the PC.

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - Cyrano2 - 2013-10-04

Thanks for all baijuxavior. Now all work ok for me. Thanks for your help and say you that your tool is really wonderful.

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - o007 - 2013-10-22

Hello,

First of all, thank you baijuxavior for this great app.
I have an hp mce remote that looks like this. As you can see, at the top left there is no print button, but a button that shows a small screen -- what it does is sending "win+p". well I think so, because it switch between displays. this is annoying, so I would be glad if someone can help to change thatSmile

Thank you

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - baijuxavior - 2013-10-22

Unidentified buttons should appear as 'Unknown' in the mapper tool. Check for Win+P in the tool and change it to something else. If Win+P is not listed then use a tool like showkey.exe to test what keyboard combination this button sends.

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked in the Remote Mapper Tool, but there is no "win+p" button -- Now I believe it sends "Fn+F4". I have also tried showkey.exe, but it seems that the button is not sending anything? Yet, when I pressed it, it switches between displays!?

Below is the remote that I have. I have been able to change some buttons to fit my needs, but there are three buttons that I can't figure out how to map:

Number1 is the one that switches displays;
Number 2 and 3 are not working at all.

When I check those three button using showkey, they don't send anything!

Also, FYI, there are a couple of unknown button in the mapper tool, but even if I change them, the three buttons still not working.

I hope I was clear enough, and thank youSmile

Okay my problem is solved now. The solution can be found in this thread

(2013-06-11, 14:50)Kpitn Wrote: The list of the button I cant' remap :
Button 1 : <ampersand>Notification(Key, ampersand, 3)</ampersand>
Button 3 : <doublequote>Notification(Key, doublequote, 3)</doublequote>
Button 4 : <quote>Notification(Key, quote, 3)</quote>
Button 5 : <leftbracket>Notification(Key, leftbracket, 3)</leftbracket>
Button 6 : <minus>Notification(Key, minus, 3)</minus>
Button 7 : <underline>Notification(Key, underline, 3)</underline>

Thank you for your help Wink

I was having the same problem as you, using an azerty french keyboard, and I solved this just by activating the modifier "shift" for all numbers from 0 to 9.

Hope this helps

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - stiwi - 2013-10-29

Program looks great, I will check it out soon. Thanks for your efforts.

Any idea what I need to do in order for Aeon skin "power" button to shutdown PC with single press, without showing shutdown menu?

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - baijuxavior - 2013-10-29

Set the remote power button to send 'S' or any other combination of your choice. Then in keyabord.xml file add <s>XBMC.Powerdown()</s> for shutting down when you press 'S'

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-04

Hi, I have 2 PC's on the same IR Blaster. I'm trying to remap some unused button individually on each PC to wake only that computer. For instance, I'd like RecTV on one computer and Teletext on the other to be repurposed to wake the corresponding PC from S3 (and do nothing but show up as the unused RecTV and Teletext on the other). Can anybody provide some advice on how to accomplish this with this new remapper tool (or any other means)? Or is it not possible and the wake command will be interpreted the same by each computer regardless of what physical button is initially pressed?

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - baijuxavior - 2013-11-05

Run the tool and set the required buttons to 'Wake'.

RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-05

Obviuosly trying is the only way I'll know, but you don't think that regardless of which button I map it to it will be received as wake on both?

For example if I change Teletext on PC 1 to 'Wake' will it be read as 'Teletext' or 'Wake' on PC 2?