Kodi Community Forum
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state (/showthread.php?tid=164652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Vodka2 - 2022-02-23

The DEV is still MIA it seems.

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - axbmcuser - 2022-03-23

(2022-02-23, 10:46)Vodka2 Wrote: The DEV is still MIA it seems.

Patience. :-) Quite sure he'll return...

Side note - maybe someone could find the idea of a Netflix style "Have to watch"-list useful:

I'm running my own fork of "service.watchedlist" (still on Krypton) which additionaly saves the "UserRating"(0-10) of the movies and episodes.

This opens two variants of different possibilities:

Variant 1) Netflix style "Have to watch" and similar lists

The (often completely unused) private "UserRating" of a movie or episode in the Kodi DB can be used to form special lists like a - for a example - "Have to watch" or "My AllTime Favorite Movies" list which does not depend on the actual watchedstate.

You would just create some Kodi Lists with a filter for the specific "UserRating" you have set. (example: UserRating 1="Have to watch" list, UserRating 9="AllTime Favorite Movies" list)
My Skin will have support for buttons to quickly and easily put a movie a specific "pseudo-category".

Variant 2)

Easy back up of the own UserRating if you don't need Variant 1)

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Karellen - 2022-03-23

(2022-03-23, 18:41)axbmcuser Wrote: I'm running my own fork of "service.watchedlist" (still on Krypton) which additionaly saves the "UserRating"(0-10) of the movies and episodes.
Fantastic. Any chance of sharing that? Do you plan to update to Matrix compatability?
I would use it for Variant 2 only.

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - axbmcuser - 2022-03-23

@Karellen 

I'm happy to share when finished.
I made the changes just yesterday and therefore had not that much time yet to see if there are any quirks to iron out.

As far as i can see it seems to work as intended.  Cool

Regarding Kodi 18-20:

The changes made are not very invasive since "userrating" is a quite simple column in the kodi movies/episodes database table.

Should be easily mergeable with latest versions of "service.watchedlist".

Do you use Dropbox? I don't and therefore some help testing maybe would be useful.

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Karellen - 2022-03-23

(2022-03-23, 21:14)axbmcuser Wrote: Do you use Dropbox? I don't and therefore some help testing maybe would be useful.
I don't. But if you can upload it somewhere else, I am happy to test. Do you have a github repo?

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - axbmcuser - 2022-03-24

I could supply a link to a test version for Kodi 17+18. (?)
(I have to work on this first before we can think about merging the changes to Kodi 19)

Side note:
While having/wanting to see the watchedlist notifications i made a new icon which is a bit more low key/modern - similar to todays icon sets which are used on 2022s streaming services:

I'd be happy to supply the image file if
@schapplm
want's to adopt the new icon.

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - axbmcuser - 2022-03-24

Side topic:

Here some inspiration on how the mentioned often unused userrating could also be used to realize very modern/retail-ish List functionalities.
(In this example: A Netflix style "My List")

"service.watchlist" with added movie/episode userrating-backup/sync would be the perfect companion for this. :-)

Escpecially: As in the past "service.watchlist" checks if a "duplicate" movie (multiple resolutions/versions for example) has been set with a new watchedstate/userrating and then automatically syncs the changes to ALL "duplicates" of the movie in the DB so everything is in complete sync. That's great.

Bonus Screenshot No. 3

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - axbmcuser - 2022-03-27

You can find a test-version of my fork for KODI17/18 here:
service.watchedlist-1.2.7a_userrating_mod_(kodi17+18).zip

I'm using it for some days now (without dropbox) and did not notice any issues yet.

BUT - usual disclaimer: Only use this test-version in test environments/with existing backups.

If someone has a dropbox and could test some case scenarios regarding userrating dropbox sync/restore, that'd of course be great.

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Karellen - 2022-03-27

(2022-03-27, 21:03)axbmcuser Wrote: You can find a test-version of my fork for KODI17/18 here:
Thanks axbmcuser. I don't have a v17/18 library. When a v19 version is available, happy to put it through its paces on my library (yep its all backed up)

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - axbmcuser - 2022-03-27

No problem. The link is there now for anyone that has use for it. :-)

I'll test it some more in everyday-usage (without dropbox) and maybe later in time, when @schapplm returns we can talk about any interest in merging to the official version for Kodi17/18/19 and the new icon.

Oh well - hello again. Big Grin
I just compared 1.2.7 vs 1.3.5 and due to the low amount of differences just merged the KODI 19+20 version without(!) testing:

So, here we go if you want to go crazy. :-)

service.watchedlist-1.3.5b_userrating_mod_(kodi19+20).zip

Edit2:
Fixed broken file upload. Redownload again if install fails.

Important info:
Due to the database changes it most likely won't work without manually changing your old database. Make a backup of you watchlist addon_data and then start fresh for testing. When testing is complete you of course maybe return to the old version + old backup of data. :-)

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Karellen - 2022-03-27

(2022-03-27, 22:11)axbmcuser Wrote: So, here we go if you want to go crazy. :-)

service.watchedlist-1.3.5a_userrating_mod_(kodi19+20).zip
Could you double check that link as I get a "page not found".

Yeah, i quickly deleted and reuploaded it again due to a code error i noticed. :- ))
Link in original post fixed now. (1.3.5b)
Hopefully we're done for tonight. Cool

For everyone that may read at a later point:
Backup and delete your old watchedlist-database file before using the test version!

Ideally the addon would automatically migrate an old database file to the new format with the new userrating column, but that's out of the range of my time possibilities right now.

RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - Karellen - 2022-04-04

(2022-03-27, 22:35)axbmcuser Wrote: Yeah, i quickly deleted and reuploaded it again due to a code error i noticed. :- ))
Link in original post fixed now. (1.3.5b)
Thanks for that. Sorry for the delay in testing, but I had a few things on, and this actually took half a day to test -scanning library, then running watchedlist, then all the fiddling to try and break it, then repeating to confirm...

On a fresh library, I scanned a subset of my library- 91 tv shows, 2,270 episodes and 411 movies. All scanned from nfo files.
Once scanned I ran WatchedList so it could create its initial database.

I then marked all my library as unwatched and also edited MyVideos119.db to delete all the user ratings. I ran WatchedList again and let it update the Kodi database with the UserRating and Last Played/Play Count data. I came up with the following...

Issue 1
TV Show UserRating were not updated in the Kodi database. The Play Count and Last Watched data were updated.
Episodes had a mixed result. If an episode has no watched status or playcount, the UserRating was not updated either. It is possible to rate an episode, then set it as unwatched again. All other episodes were updated with user rating.
Movies had the same result as Episodes. Essentially, if there is no play count or last watched data, but does have a UserRating then the title is ignored and the UserRating is not backed up.

Issue 2
UserRating is not logged in the Debug Log
xml:
INFO <general>: CVideoDatabase::UpdateDetailsForMovie: Finished updates for movie 224
INFO <general>: service.watchedlist: write_xbmc_wdata: Kodi database updated for Ip Man 2 (2010). playcount: {0 -> 1}, lastplayed: {"" -> "2021-06-24 00:00:00"} (movieid=224)
INFO <general>: service.watchedlist: Notification. Set as watched (Kodi-DB): Ip Man 2 (2010)

Issue 3
I found the following unusual (and I don't know if this is inherited from the original WatchedList)...
When I first run WatchedList, there are two dialogue boxes tracking progress. (see images 1 and 2)
The first dialogue, which is centre screen, shows my library being scanned by watchedlist and then reports all databases updated. This process takes less than a minute. This is confirmed in the log. Line 1375... https://paste.kodi.tv/oyupekunes.kodi

But there is a second process running which is the toast message in the top right corner. It is scanning every individual item in the library. This takes considerably longer at 37 minutes to complete. None of this was logged and looking at the timestamp of the watchedlist.db, there was no activity there since the run of the first dialogue finished. What is this second run accomplishing?

This occurred for both the initial run and the second run to reinstate the Kodi database.