Kodi Community Forum
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 (/showthread.php?tid=165707)

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - TheYetiWakes - 2014-09-22

Im probably missing something obvious but is there a way to use this and keep it on Gotham without it updating to a Helix build?

This sorted the poor picture quality and shaking video images I was suffering from perfectly but since the PPA has updated XBMC to Helix builds its been causing a few little problems with my PVR software (TVheadend) and since Alpha 3 it won't work at all as its not Helix compatible.

I've now gone back to Gotham but its annoying suffering from poor picture on many tv channels.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - fritsch - 2014-09-22

Quote:Im probably missing something obvious but is there a way to use this and keep it on Gotham without it updating to a Helix build?

Nope. You can use OpenELEC, that has a special patched Gotham version with parts of this code.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - TimoJ - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 14:46)fritsch Wrote: Compare with mainline / nightlies - same issue there?

No problems with nightlies or 13.2 main release. Just this PPA (and OpenElec).

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - fritsch - 2014-09-22

It's look like that it is a dvdplayer patch then which is the main difference currently to mainline.

Can you provide two debuglogs?

One with "latest mainline nightly" ppa and one with this thread's ppa?

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - robo989 - 2014-09-22

(2014-09-22, 19:42)TheYetiWakes Wrote: Im probably missing something obvious but is there a way to use this and keep it on Gotham without it updating to a Helix build?

This sorted the poor picture quality and shaking video images I was suffering from perfectly but since the PPA has updated XBMC to Helix builds its been causing a few little problems with my PVR software (TVheadend) and since Alpha 3 it won't work at all as its not Helix compatible.

I've now gone back to Gotham but its annoying suffering from poor picture on many tv channels.

tvheadend works fine, update your xbmc-pvr-addons or take a look at the new client in the tvheadend subforum, very easy to build it yourself etc.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - TimoJ - 2014-09-23

(2014-09-22, 22:18)fritsch Wrote: Can you provide two debuglogs?

One with "latest mainline nightly" ppa and one with this thread's ppa?

Yes. Is xbmc.log enough? I'll try do those later today.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - fritsch - 2014-09-23

xbmc.log with debugging enabled that shows when you do the seeks.

Edit: Btw. all the code that is used for vaapi / vpp was merged into upstream - only left are dvdplayer changes, so it should be easy to track down.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - illiac4 - 2014-09-23

Has changes for Haswell and vappi been already ported back for Sandy and Ivy?

No.

(2014-09-23, 08:18)fritsch Wrote: xbmc.log with debugging enabled that shows when you do the seeks.

Edit: Btw. all the code that is used for vaapi / vpp was merged into upstream - only left are dvdplayer changes, so it should be easy to track down.

I just sent you a PM with links to the logs.

Post them inthread - I don't read PMs and especially FernetMenta for sure wants to take a look.

(2014-09-23, 14:33)fritsch Wrote: Post them inthread - I don't read PMs and especially FernetMenta for sure wants to take a look.

Then I'll have edit them just to contain the playback part. I'll see what I can do.
btw. problems started with 4x FF-speed, nightly had no problems.

Here are debug log links

Nightly:
http://pastebin.com/0Ti747jg

Fernetmenta:
http://pastebin.com/i6fLH5ZR

And the problem is picture freezes and jumping with fast forward speed over 4x. Nighty has no problems.

Btw. XBMC shows a green color screen just before the movie starts, do the logs show any explanation what causes it? It doesn't happen if I use an Nvidia videocard.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - Carcharius - 2014-09-23

(2014-09-23, 15:05)TimoJ Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 14:33)fritsch Wrote: Post them inthread - I don't read PMs and especially FernetMenta for sure wants to take a look.

Then I'll have edit them just to contain the playback part. I'll see what I can do.
btw. problems started with 4x FF-speed, nightly had no problems.

You'd probably be better off posting the full logs. There may well be something in another part of the log, which doesn't seem relevant to you, that the guys will need to know about.

I'm sure they look at these things all the time so will be used to skimming past the irrelevant parts.

RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - TheYetiWakes - 2014-09-23

(2014-09-22, 22:47)robo989 Wrote: tvheadend works fine, update your xbmc-pvr-addons or take a look at the new client in the tvheadend subforum, very easy to build it yourself etc.

I am using the new client. I compiled from GIT a couple of weeks ago when I started to get issues with the Alpha builds. Unless there is now a new one im on pvr.tvh 0.9.4 coupled with I think 3.9.5?? something backend (not near HTPC at the moment to check).

With the early Alpha Helix builds it was ok-ish. Couple of random freezes on some channels and rewind / fast forward of live tv didn't work but that was always a bit flakey. Since updating to latest Alpha XBMC won't load the TVH front end at bootup and disables it.

Going back to Gotham and its working a dream including Live TV rewind and fast forward. Just seems a shame I can't stick on a stable build with this deinterlace fix.