Kodi Community Forum
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Screensavers and visualisations (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library (/showthread.php?tid=167279)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - tjsuominen - 2014-08-05

Great!

I have had trouble how this add-on is actually enabled and active (I have AEON NOX)...

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - thebearnecessit - 2014-08-30

Trying to use themoviedb feature to watch new DVD releases. I'm just getting a script error.

android Gotham 13.1

Is this replicable or a known issue?

If not then I'll post a log.

Any advice gratefully received as I would use this feature all the time.

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - kzeleny - 2014-08-30

This is a know issue the new DVD list comes from Rotten Tomatoes and is currently not working. I am looking for an alternate source of new DVD Releases

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - Vrok - 2014-09-23

Quote:•Press ENTER or SELECT to play movie of current trailer (Library Only).
•Press Q to add current trailer to CouchPotato
•Press I or UP to display movie info, Press DOWN or I again to hide (Library Only).
•Press X or RIGHT to stop the current trailer and move to the next
•Press ESC or LEFT to exit.
•Screen will go black after last trailer at this time mouse move or key press will exit

Can you please make it so this plugin uses the default keys? I'm getting confused whenever I want to skip a trailer.
The most important one for me is I need to use Stop for stopping this plugin since I'm using that on automation software and I can't know if this plugin is currently active or not in order to switch to other keys Sad

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - revned - 2014-11-29

Is is possible to edit the plugin so that it will play a random movie from my movie library after the trailers?

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - bluenote - 2014-12-06

(2014-08-30, 18:39)kzeleny Wrote: This is a know issue the new DVD list comes from Rotten Tomatoes and is currently not working. I am looking for an alternate source of new DVD Releases

Oops, sorry if you see this response again, I constantly get confused between the different threads.
Any movement on TMDB or RT on your api key?

thx

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - cmccullough14 - 2014-12-15

::EDITED::

Got everything working as it should now, it just started working on it's own instead of giving me a blank screen, so I'm not sure what happened there...

Still cannot find a way to select on certain genres though Sad If I've got kids watching movies I don't want Horror flick trailer or adult comedy trailers playing, and the only filter I've been able to find looks like the rating i.e. G, PG, PG-13, R etc. but I'd rather filter out certain genres as well as the rating. Any help here?

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - tommymsw - 2014-12-30

Screensaver blank on Openelec Kodi release on CuBox i4. Otherwise works.

EDIT:
It works, just needed a restart. Too bad it can't tell if the TV is off though. I like the idea of trailers playing for a screen saver, but the idea of them streaming the entire time when my tv is off seems like a LOT of bandwidth over nothing. lol

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - snupple - 2015-02-06

I'm getting this error when I set it to Library only..

Kodi 14.1 Openelec RaspPi

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=416771

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - lamic - 2015-03-04

Hi All,
I was trying to get this addon working, but when you set it to trailers from Library only it will show black screen. This issue happens with version 14.X and version 15.
Is this issue related to the path that suppose to point to the trailer library? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - joelrifkin - 2015-05-19

No video when screen save starts.

The audio plays just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - finalmakerr - 2015-07-31

A debug log will do

Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - finalmakerr - 2015-07-31

(2014-12-30, 03:47)tommymsw Wrote: Screensaver blank on Openelec Kodi release on CuBox i4. Otherwise works.

EDIT:
It works, just needed a restart. Too bad it can't tell if the TV is off though. I like the idea of trailers playing for a screen saver, but the idea of them streaming the entire time when my tv is off seems like a LOT of bandwidth over nothing. lol

If I remember right, there is an option to limit the amount of trailers per session.

(2014-11-29, 21:44)revned Wrote: Is is possible to edit the plugin so that it will play a random movie from my movie library after the trailers?

I believe there is a similar solution.
You may launch the current movie with a key press.

RE: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library - Method007 - 2015-10-31

When I hit enter or select on a trailer, the movie doesn't play - the script just stops. Anybody else have this issue?