Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-03-23

blueshinex,

The volume display you have is not from the xbox one skin in xbmc
It is from Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, both versions have the same volume display

Try the plus and minus keys on your keyboard, then you have the volume display of the skin.

if you play something the view will change if you use the plus and minus keys on your keyboard

Toyota can make the volume up and down the same like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_okWQjZICo

Take a look at the video see also what happens with the xbox logo in the right corner

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-23

I think that's the Kinect listening to his voice that making the XBox logo change

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-03-23

im running gotham beta 1 an the skin just has heaps on crash's so i went back to 0.1.2 as it works flawlessly

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-03-23

@ADHDMedia : That's great!
And as for the views i have just added 13 to choose from at the moment Smile More should be coming soon as well!
Another thing that i have just added are custom tile colours (see images below). At the moment the colours change on the dashboard, all views sections, games & apps section ect. The only section that i need to adjust for the colours is the store sections. And the update should be online in an hour or so, i'm just adjusting a few more things.

And the trakt.tv section i don't think that is possible, i will have a look in to it but i don't think that you can. I may be able to add a button that will search your library for that content, or even a button that will search a plugin for that content but i will have to try this out first.
And Hahah Thanks!

@blueshinex : I don't know why you are having this problem because i don't think no one else has. Anyway i have just completely created a new volume control (see images below) and i should be uploading an update in an hour or so.

@grote345 : Sorry but i can't make it like that one as personally i don't think that will fit in with the skin very well. E.g. if you are watching a movie then you can't see the volume control very well or if you are in a certain window then the volume control won't show up properly. But i have just created a volume control that is sort of similar ( see images below).

@iAMl3dgend : Alright then i haven't really tested my skin much on gotham yet but i will download it later and try my best to get it all working properly.

I will be uploading a update in an hour or so that will include :

a few fixes
23 new tile colours!
a new volume control
13 new views for your library!

here are some previews :

The new volume control:

The new colours!

Ohh yeah and a new avatar section should be added on there as well!

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-23

Awesome! Will install it as soon as it's up. Thanks again for all your hard work! All the new views will apply to the Advanced Launcher sections as well?

Another quick request - in the games sections, you can arrow up and click 'Info' to get to the info screen for a game. I'd prefer for this to happen automatically when I click on the game, have it go straight to the info screen. Is it possible you can throw that in as an option? Thanks either way.

@ADHDMedia : Sweet! and yeah some of the views are for certain sections of the skin but for the advanced launcher section there is a list view, poster view, square view and a few more.
All of the views can be enabled/disabled from the settings. And if you want to switch between them then you can go to skin settings and enable appbar, then when you are in your library if you press down a little bar will show up on the bottom with all of the views.

Sorry but i can't do that from the skin, when you click on something in your library that is managed by XBMC in your keymaps.xml and i don't think this can't be changed from the skin. You might just be able to change the enter button in your keymaps xml to focus the button. But i will play around with it on mine and see if i can get it working.

The update will be online soon i'm uploading it to mediafire now.

Here are some more updated previews of how it's looking:

Links have just been updated on page 1!

Make sure that you install the update from there as well as this will fix a few things that i've only just found.

Also when once the skin has been installed i recommend that you run the setup as this will enable some of the things added in to this update.

Well Toyota I am almost speech less if the skin was a girl I am starting to fall in love Smile

This is my favorite skin by far for xbmc I like the work you did almost cant wait for the update to be uploaded.
And I do understand what you are saying about the volume control it was just an idea nothing more.

Is it also possible to convert the skin to 1080p ?is there a tool what can do this ? I no notepad ++ can with a plugin but it crashes most of the time.

Hahah! Thanks! Smile
I'm glad you like it!
I've just uploaded the latest update about 5 minutes ago you can download it from the first page.
This update includes some animation changes, dashboard spacing changes - more like Xbox One, a completely new volume control - one similar to your idea, 23 new tile colours and 13 new views for the library sections.

Also yeah there are a few tools that i have come across, i'm not sure if any of these tools work as i have never tested them out but apparently this can convert the skin to 1080p :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132720

Also this tool might be able to as well : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124314

Also anyone installing the update make sure that you download the fix as well (below the download link)

Once the skin has been installed make sure that you run the update from the skin settings as this will enable some new features.

Thanks Totyota downloading the update now I will not forget to run the setup first Smile

Let see what happens to day Smile

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-03-23

again it crash's on gotham Sad

list of crash's

go to settings try to change skin crash's when i click skins

click audio output device crash

try to change tv alternative crash

i'm pretty sure thats all the of them

Toyota question do you have the real xbox one to ?

If so can you tell me how is it ? it has not being launched over here it will in September this year but I am think about importing one .

Lets say in want to pin the settings tile to the pin section on the homescreen and I use the cobalt color scheme

The tile is not the cobalt color but it is black is it possible to make a solution for this ?
It would be nice if for example the real pins can Combine with just the normal favorites pins

see my screen shott

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=d733f7ec39eef39b&id=D733F7EC39EEF39B%211561&ithint=folder,.xml&authkey=!ANClisxu4FnAOWg#cid=D733F7EC39EEF39B&id=D733F7EC39EEF39B%212658&v=3&authkey=%21ANClisxu4FnAOWg

@iAMl3dgend : I will be testing it on gotham later today and i will try to create a fix asap.
@grote345 : Nahh sorry i don't have the real Xbox One, but i have heard from mates that apparently it is quite a good console.
@grote345 : Ahh i didn't think of that. The reason it's doing that is because the settings tile is just an icon and not a full image.
I will be re uploading the skin again some time today as i have changed around a few things and sorted out the coloured tiles.
At the same time i will try and add a fix for the settings tile.