Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-30

I like that idea a lot. Much better than the charms bar Smile

And that guide would look great as a Pseudo TV Live skin!!! LOL

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-03-30

Thanks! Smile

And i think that this skin has a skinned section for Pseudo TV as the files for it are in the 720p folder. But i have never tested it out.
(This part was created by Sranshaft, and i haven't edited this section)

I have just created the new charms bar, here is how it's looking :

Also i have updated the friends section so that you can add your own Xbox Live friends :

I am still changing around a few things like the friends section and animations for context menu, startup and charms bar and then i will start uploading the update.

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-30

That's awesome. And I use Pseudo TV live, it's an extension of the original Pseudo TV that allows adding of strms into the channel lineup. Any chance you'd be able to make it work for this plugin? What info would you need from me?

And I like the charms bar, looking good. Would be cool if we could add shortcuts to favorites and such to it as well. Just and idea.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-30

...didn't you release the new views for advanced launcher? Landscape and Square Extended? I thought I saw them but I can't find them anymore. Maybe I'm delirious lol

When can we expect this next update?

Hey something I just noticed is that there is a tile under the Xbox Videos section for Files, but not under Music. I can't get to my music sources without switching to a different skin. Just FYI.

@ADHDMedia : Yeah sure i could have a look in to it and see what i can do. Is it the one from this link below ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169032

Thanks! and yeah i could add this option into the next update.

As for the views for advanced launcher, in the previous update i included them in there but i don't think i added them to the appbar properly. In this update all views are available for every section. And all of them should work fine. But i'm not sure about the banner view as i am still experiencing some problems with this.

The next update is being uploaded now and mediafire says it should be online in about 19 minutes.

Ohh yeah, i completely forgot about that one, i'll add the button to it now.

Excellent, standing by to test. Hopefully my whole system doesn't break before then lol Smile

The only place I use the banner view is in my TV show library. It looks nice there.

Oh and yes, that's the Pseudo TV Live plugin. It's pretty awesome, I use it a lot at bedtime and whatnot cuz it's like live tv with my libraries lol

Oh ya - is the scrolling direction fixed in this version? It's driving me nuts on my dashboard lol

Also once you have installed the latest update you must make sure that the setup is ran. As this will enable a lot of new features and should fix the colors.
another thing if you are experiencing performance problems, then go in to the settings and disable extreme mode. This mode includes a different set of animations for the dashboard.
With the extreme mode each item has different animations on startup at different times and this can cause quite a bad lag. If anyone experiences this then just turn extreme mode off and it will change the animations back to default.

Another thing that i have recently added is the required files setup. When you run the set up it will install the latest Assistance folder and all the Dependencies.
It will also check what version of .NET Framework is installed when you try running the XBMC browser. If you don't have .NET 4 installed then it will silently install it without you knowing. If the XBMC browser fails to open try it again in 2-5 minutes and it should be fixed!

Awesome, looking forward to testing.

Haha yeah lol Smile

Ahh that's weird for some reason it doesn't show up any images on mine. I'll take a look at it in a minute.

Alright then ill start downloading it in a minute and see what i can do!

Ohh yeah, that's the only thing that i forgot to include in the update. I will try to fix this asap and upload a small update to fix this.

Much appreciated bro. Standing by.

Ohh yeah and i will also be uploading an alternative version soon that has a smaller amount of settings, just for people to test out if they are experiencing problems with the other one.

Another thing when you go in to the friends section you will notice that some of the friends tiles are blank, to add your own friends just click on one of the tiles and type in an xbox live gamertag and it will display the the persons name & gamerpic.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - senna99 - 2014-03-30

Hello toyota12303

I need help,I wrote the following line :<onload>Skin.SetString(snap,70)</onload> in my xbox music xml and in xbox video <onload>Skin.SetString(snap,73)</onload> , in guisettings.xml string is changed each time when use a different window which is good, but I can not call the String , in Dashboard xml <onclick>ActivateWindow($INFO[Skin.String(snap,)]</onclick>
I know it is not right because it does not work, how can I call the previous window with String ?

Hello senna99

i think the problem is because you have added a comma in there.
I always use : ActivateWindow($INFO[Skin.String(snap)]) to activate the window and e.g. <onload>Skin.SetString(snap,665)</onload> to set the string.

Here is what i use to snap everything to the dashboard :

<onload>Skin.SetString(snap,665)</onload> = This will snap the window id 665
<onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(snapie)">Skin.ToggleSetting(snapie)</onload> = This makes it toggle my skin setting allowing it to be displayed.
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(gaming)">Skin.ToggleSetting(gaming)</onload> = This removes any snapped games.
<onload>SetProperty(snap,demo/sna/Steam.jpg,0)</onload> = This sets the snapped image.
<onload>Skin.SetString(sn,Steam)</onload> = This sets the snapped name.

And then to display this i just use

<label>$INFO[Skin.String(sn)]</label> = Label of snapped item.

<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(snap)]</texture> = Tile for snapped item

<onclick>ActivateWindow($INFO[Skin.String(snap)])</onclick> = Launches snapped item.

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(snapie)</visible> = To tell my skin it's a snapped item and not a snapped game.

Also the latest update has been released, download links have been updated on page 1!

Some people may experience a problem with the .NET install script as i haven't really been able to test this much. I have tested it out on 2 systems and it seemed to work fine.