Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-03-30

ahh not working on gotham anymore Sad

nvm i forgot to run the setup

it works now but when i set a different color the tiles stay green.

can you please make it fully compatible with gotham?

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - zolee - 2014-03-30

do i need to install first immersive or?

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - bakito - 2014-03-30

I don t think that their is a problem with extrem mode it s just i can t login properly ...is their a way to make auto sign in? I don t have to sign in on any other skin to have my favorite...
Thanks for your time!
( could you upload your icon? So i can have the same icon with my custom tile on dashboard )
Cheers

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-03-30

@ADHDMedia : Yeah i had the same problem with mine, i've just fixed it and should be uploading another update some time today. And as for the friends script they are all created by senna99 and i have no problems with it on mine. I know that if some info for games can't be downloaded then it will return an error. I will take a look in to it though and try to create a fix for this. Does it show the gamerpicture ? and the status e.g. "broadcasting titanfall" is put there by me just until i can find a solution to get the proper friend status. Because at the moment i don't think there is any way to display the proper status.

As for the audio files tile, it was just a small mistake and i will shortly upload a fix for this.
Also for the library advertisements i'm not quite sure why it is doing this, it's doing the same with mine as well. And since the previous update i haven't touched this section. But i will take a look in to it and try to create a fix for this.

@bakito : Have you run the setup after installing this update ? as this will enable extreme mode by default, along with fixing other sections of the skin.

@senna99 : For voice commands you will need to plug in a microphone before attempting to run it. Also you must be running windows7/8/8.1. And thanks! Smile

@zolee : At the moment this skin isn't really ready for gotham yet as alot of sections keep crashing XBMC. But i will start working on it to try and make it more stable and compatable for gotham.
At the moment this skin works fine on all frodo releases.

@iAMl3dgend : Have you selected the colour of your tiles after you have run the setup ? as the setup will set the colours to default. Also the way that you change the colours is different now, you will need to go in to friends - profile - change colour.
And yeah i will be working on that soon and i will try to make it more stable and compatable with gotham.

@zolee : Nope immersive is not required to run this skin.

@bakito : Have you run the skin setup ? as this will fix a lot of things and will enable extreme mode by default (settings - skin settings - uncheck to run setup). Yeah there is, you just go in to settings - startup - and disable login screen. This will boot straight to the dashboard.
And also if you don't want to see the sign in buttons when skipping the login screen then you can download a fix for this on page 1. Just extract to your 720p folder.

And i'm not sure what you mean by upload my icon ?

cheers

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-03-30

yeah man i figured it out have to go into friends then my profile then change color

an thanks once its more stable with gotham its gonna be the best skin ever Big Grin

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-03-30

The skin works like a charms but still get the gamertag py error and also the friends py error I don't no what the problem is I already talked with domexcuter about this it has something to do with copyright or something
So I just don't link my gamertag yes I can sign in with it its downloading the gamertag including the picture but during boot of xbmc I get this error see earlier post of mine

@ Toyota once again great work Smile

yes I always run setup after installing your skin.
and for the login I already turn off the boot screen, but in the skin I'm not connected, so I click on my profile login and then ...crash... I'll send you a debug log as soon as I can !
thanks

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - User 156625 - 2014-03-30

Looking forwards to the latest updates Toyota.

I've got a feature request if I may - integration with VideoExtras. In case you don't know about it, this add-on allows lets you add a button to the info screen for videos as a way to access associated extras (like bonus discs etc.)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

It would be great if it was added to integrate with the look of your skin (which the developer encourages).

Reinstall everything and now it works!!
By uploading your. Icons I meant that I would use the same icon for my custom tiles as you use in your skin so it will match better! I couldn t find them in the skin folder but it s maybe in texture file but i can not open it....
Thanks!

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-30

So I'm running along nice and smooth, no hiccups. I launch BF4 from XBMC, play for awhile and come back to find XBMC has crashed, and it wouldn't open back up. After restarting, everything is back laggy.

Not sure but I'm thinking Battlefield is causing issues on my system. Think I'm gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if that's it.

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-30

Sweet Baby Jesus, I think I figured it out…!!

I've traced the issue back to NetfliXBMC. It has something to do with the Utility program that it uses. So when I quit Chrome and go back to XBMC, that's when it starts behaving strangely and crashing. Apparently the service doesn't close properly.

Just posting this here in case anyone else runs into this problem. I know it doesn't seem to be related to your skin - just a coincidence that I found and started using NetfliXBMC at the same time that I found and started using this skin.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-03-31

@ADHDMedia,

I don't have that issue I don't use netflixbmc with chrome just with internet explorer I had the same issue a while back now I don't use the windows control utility inside the addon any more and the problem went gone

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-31

Gotcha. Trying to get XBMC to freakin launch again so I can fix the issue. It won't even open again. This NetfliXBMC plugin is cool, but not cool enough to send my whole system into a whirlwind.

Super irritated right now.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-03-31

@ADHDMedia /take a look at your task manager if windows control utility runs ! first kill it in the task manager and then startup xbmc
And maybe take a good look what processes actually do run so you know exactly what does not belong there
If you have a problem next time then always chack the task manager first (just a tip nothing more)

Good luck dude Smile

@ Toyota is it possible to build in a script or something for multitasking in the skin because only then you can really snap an app

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-03-31

Nah it's not listed in my task manager and I can now open up XBMC, but the dashboard for this skin in particular is still giving me problems.

Thought I had it all figured out… lol

There has to be some type of log or some shit I can look at to identify the problem. The XBMC.log says nothing about the crashes or hang ups. Makes no sense Sad