Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-04-15

@ADHDMedia : Yeah i added a link to your video in the first post earlier, it's the link above the pictures.

Also as for the Xbox Music section i have near enough finished that section now. The old Xbox Music section is still included but as a collection section for your library ect.

Here are a few previews :

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 10:40)toyota12303 Wrote: @ADHDMedia : Yeah i added a link to your video in the first post earlier, it's the link above the pictures.

Also as for the Xbox Music section i have near enough finished that section now. The old Xbox Music section is still included but as a collection section for your library ect.

Here are a few previews :

That looks sick bro… waiting for the new update. Might have to start using my music library more lol

Does the radio work?

Haha thanks!
And yeah the radio sections work, it currently uses the tunein radio plugin and lists there stations like Radio 1, Radio 1xtra, Radio 2, 3 ect.
The only thing is that you have to scroll through some of the stations and pick one yourself. But i am looking in to making it randomly picking 1 and playing it and if i can get it working then i will map this to the create station button. And you will be able to manually pick one from the stations button.

Sick. Can't wait to try it out.

Hey did you get a chance to fix the border for the large tile on the dashboard? It's still not even with the tile like the square ones you fixed.

Ohh yeah i forgot to mention about that, i have replaced all of the tile borders with new ones that all fit properly so it's all working fine now. I have also tested it out on 2 different screens just to make sure that it's working : 1600x900 & 1920x1080.

The one other problem that i have noticed is that on the notification bar the Xbox logo is a little bit off when using 1600x900 resolution, but i will look in to a way of fixing this.

Cool, running 1080p Smile

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - dgm1960 - 2014-04-15

Absolutely amazing, Toyota! I can't believe how fast you get things done, and done so well,

Thanks! Smile

I have also added a pretty cool new feature where you can turn on/off your Xbox controller (Windows OS Only)
If you enable this in the skin settings then the service will start up when XBMC starts and if you hold the Xbox Guide button for a few seconds then a little window will open up asking if you want to turn it off. You can control it with your controller as well. This also works outside of XBMC as well so this could be used in a game or app.

Here is how the little window looks when you open it :

I will also try and add an optional setting to integrate the new scripts i have been working on that integrated the Guidecall program in to XBMC.

(Only works with Windows OS) - If you are running a different OS then you won't see these options.

(Also you can't use the Guidecall scripts and the power options scripts at the same time, as the Guidecall scripts will close it)

With this you can use your Xbox Guide button to close whatever you are running and return to XBMC.

e.g. if you are in a game and you press the guide button you will go straight to XBMC.
If XBMC is focused and nothing else is running then it will open up the charms bar.

You can pick whatever you want the Guide button to do by editing a little file that i will include.

You could even make it switch focus through windows so you could press the guide to return to the dashboard, and then press it again to focus to your game/app.

I just need to change around a few things so that it will act differently if you are running certain programs like steam, as this also uses the guide button. It should be pretty easy though.

As for the Xbox Music section that iAMl3dgend suggested, i have found a website that is identical to it. You can also get the Xbox Video one as well.
I will add them both as optional web apps in the games & apps sections for anyone that wants to use them.

You can visit the Xbox music website from here :

Xbox Music

And the Xbox Video website from here :

Xbox Video

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - chisharpe - 2014-04-15

im having a problem in Advanced launcher where if im using the xbox controller i cant go into any of my files when i press a it just shows the preview and wont actually enter the file.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - blueshinex - 2014-04-15

@toyota12303

you're the best

the best xbmc skin for me. Smile

@chisharpe : if you are using my Xbox Controller keymap then it will launch the datails for the game as this way it will snap it to the dashboard as well. If you want it to launch it directly then you can just open up the Xbox Controller keymap and delete the line that says :

PHP Code:
<button id="1">ActivateWindow(1122)</button

@blueshinex : Thanks! Smile

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-04-16

(2014-04-15, 14:37)toyota12303 Wrote: As for the Xbox Music section that iAMl3dgend suggested, i have found a website that is identical to it. You can also get the Xbox Video one as well.
I will add them both as optional web apps in the games & apps sections for anyone that wants to use them.

You can visit the Xbox music website from here :

Xbox Music

And the Xbox Video website from here :

Xbox Video

Dude that's awesome... are you gonna be able to mod the controller keymap for functionality? That would be awesome...

(2014-04-15, 13:52)toyota12303 Wrote: Thanks! Smile

I have also added a pretty cool new feature where you can turn on/off your Xbox controller (Windows OS Only)
If you enable this in the skin settings then the service will start up when XBMC starts and if you hold the Xbox Guide button for a few seconds then a little window will open up asking if you want to turn it off. You can control it with your controller as well. This also works outside of XBMC as well so this could be used in a game or app.

I will also try and add an optional setting to integrate the new scripts i have been working on that integrated the Guidecall program in to XBMC.

(Only works with Windows OS) - If you are running a different OS then you won't see these options.

(Also you can't use the Guidecall scripts and the power options scripts at the same time, as the Guidecall scripts will close it)

With this you can use your Xbox Guide button to close whatever you are running and return to XBMC.

e.g. if you are in a game and you press the guide button you will go straight to XBMC.
If XBMC is focused and nothing else is running then it will open up the charms bar.

You can pick whatever you want the Guide button to do by editing a little file that i will include.

You could even make it switch focus through windows so you could press the guide to return to the dashboard, and then press it again to focus to your game/app.

I just need to change around a few things so that it will act differently if you are running certain programs like steam, as this also uses the guide button. It should be pretty easy though.

This is also really cool! I wish I had the knowledge man... I envy you. Just lucky that you're sharing with the rest of us... you're helping me build my ideal HTPC lol

Any way you can make the wireless controller wake the pc from sleep?? That's an issue that I haven't been able to find an answer to...

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-04-16

(2014-04-15, 13:52)toyota12303 Wrote: Thanks! Smile

That's soo cool man great work Big Grin

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - senna99 - 2014-04-16

Hello

Are you have tested scripts for snap? Today I have tested on windows 8.1 snap ahk scripts,and
everything works perfectly. I am able to snap everything from windows metro apps.

Best Regards