Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-04-24

@johnb : Yeah sure!
And yeah that was the old dashboard before Microsoft updated everything. It used to look like this :

@ADHDMedia : Yeah i will probably just add in options for everything like Games, music, movies, apps, weather, pictures ect. That way people can customise it to how they want to use it.

[WIP] Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-04-24

(2014-04-24, 00:27)toyota12303 Wrote: @johnb : Yeah sure!
And yeah that was the old dashboard before Microsoft updated everything. It used to look like this :

@ADHDMedia : Yeah i will probably just add in options for everything like Games, music, movies, apps, weather, pictures ect. That way people can customise it to how they want to use it.

Sounds great man! Thanks again.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - blueshinex - 2014-04-24

@toyota12303

Hello

Quote:Ohh right, yeah i might add this feature soon as an option in the skin settings. First i want to fix some parts of the skin and change a few things around and then i might add it. What do you think of something like this ?

I also think you should only adjust the surface according to the original Smile

as seen in the video, the decency tile, the labeling of the tiles etc.

I started this also adapt more to the original, but unfortunately I do not know where I can find the code to do this?

with best greets blueshinex

Re: RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - Daisuke1988 - 2014-04-24

(2014-04-23, 23:56)toyota12303 Wrote: Ohh right, yeah i might add this feature soon as an option in the skin settings. First i want to fix some parts of the skin and change a few things around and then i might add it. What do you think of something like this ?

(It hasn't actually been created or anything yet it's just a little idea that i quickly made in paint of how these sections could look)

Yes! That's exactly what I meant. It looks great! Im currently using the experience 1080 theme, the wife loves it and when I tried you x1 skin I got my lady yelling at the TV. I love your skin but this option will make my day and life easy... It will also save me a lecture about the $1200 I spent on my htpc/steambox. If I can add, on those panels that you have on the side of the fan art, it would be cool to change them to other items, like add on or advance launchers etc. Thanks again!

If it was just the xperience 1080 it'd be golden lol

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - Daisuke1988 - 2014-04-24

I love the modern look of this theme, but I'm not the only one that uses the htps as it is a DVR as well and I gotta make it easy for the boss lady lol

I'm in the same boat. I had to put the living room HTPC back on xperience myself. But I love this skin for my personal HTPC.

(2014-04-24, 01:07)blueshinex Wrote: @toyota12303

Hello

Quote:Ohh right, yeah i might add this feature soon as an option in the skin settings. First i want to fix some parts of the skin and change a few things around and then i might add it. What do you think of something like this ?

I also think you should only adjust the surface according to the original Smile

as seen in the video, the decency tile, the labeling of the tiles etc.

I started this also adapt more to the original, but unfortunately I do not know where I can find the code to do this?

with best greets blueshinex

What is it exactly that you did in those screenshots? I don't see any differences…

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - User 156625 - 2014-04-24

Hi Toyota

Could you add an auto sign-in option? I have tried the 'remove sign-in' workaround but this doesn't seem to do anything. All I really want is for it to sign straight into my profile when starting XBMC.

Also, I think I noted you said you'd added an option for the selected tile title background to be full width on the dashboard, but I can't seem to find this?

Re. the script issues - I tried your suggestions but still get errors. It seems that those without errors have their Windows user account setup with admin privileges. I will try changing this later... Worth mentioning I get the same issues with the same plugins regardless of the skin.

Finally, I've noticed the selection border is better on the latest releases, not quite perfect yet Smile E.g. the large tile border on the dashboard is thicker than the others, scaling still screws things up, the border widths are different in different parts of the interface etc. I tried fiddling with the xml, but appreciate this one's a bit of a nightmare. Interestingly, Gotham introduces a new control positioning method (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158812&page=3) allowing positioning from the centre of items - this could be useful in future. Personally I like the thickness of borders in the xbox interface and notice how there is a 2 (?) pixel gap between the tile edge and the internal edge of the border?

Finally (finally!) could you add a list view for plugins/add ons etc? Currently the only view that seems to work is 'square' and some of the icons for add-ons etc. look pretty terrible - list view would be less offensive ;-)

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-04-25

@blueshinex :
What do you mean by "adjust the surface according to the original" ? And what is the decency tile ?
And the code to do what ?
Sorry but i really don't have a clue what you mean. If you are looking on how to modify the dashboard you can modify the includes_home.xml
And from the screenshots i can't see anything different, apart from the circle around the Xbox Logo and the moved tile border.

@Daisuke1988 : Thanks and hahah what was the problem with it ? And yeah sure i will add an option to have the default tiles, custom tiles or favourites ect.

@johnb :

Hello johnb,

There already is an auto sign in option, if you go to settings - startup options and disable login screen, next time you boot up you will go straight to the dashboard. The sign in fix on the first page removes the sign in button from the dashboard when you skip the login.
And nope i haven't added this option in yet but i will include this in the next update. Do you mean the dark background behind the text ?

Hmmm That's weird it should be working fine without admin privileges as i have tested this on different machines. In the latest update i have included more options to try and fix any problems so hopefully this should fix it. I will also try and make a version of the skin soon that requires no modules, scripts or services. Then this version should work on any setup.

And yeah i am still working on getting all of the tile borders the same size, but the dashboard ones should have been fixed in the latest update. (Tested on 1600x900 & 1920x1080) I will take a look in to it anyway. That's awesome! once i get the scripts working properly then this skin will be fully compatible with Gotham. So this feature will be perfect!

And yeah i have been looking in to this feature and testing out different things, i will be adding it soon but i am just tweaking the button animations for when they are pressed. Notice how the button zooms out and in when it's pressed on the XboxOne ?

And yeah sure! some of the views need to be changed around and i really need to add some new ones, because i am getting really bored of the current ones. And there should already be a list view option. (I don't think it works in the music section at the moment because of the white background). If you go in to skin settings - custom - enable list view. Then go to skin settings - enable appbar.
Then when navigating your library if you press down a little appbar will show up where you can change around the views.

The latest update is being uploaded now. It's only a little update that just fixes a few skin problems and adds more options for fixing things.

Such as :

create backup
restore backup
clean addon data
clear extendedinfo data
option to clear extendedinfo data on boot
cleaned code
cleaned textures
updated dependencies & structure

Update has just been released, download links have been updated on page 1.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-04-25

@ Toyota,,

I did send you an email with an part of my debug log

Let me know what you think about it what is going wrong here ?

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-04-25

@grote345 : Yeah i have had a look through it and it looks like your version is corrupted somehow. Have you tried deleting the rss data from your XBMC addon_data folder ?

I have just added a link in the first post that includes a custom version of XBMC that i have created. This includes my Xbox One Skin, all modules, dependencies ect all working and installed.This version doesn't effect the version that you have already got installed as everything is stored in its executable folder not the appdata folder. This is just for people who are getting problems with their XBMC install.
I have tested it out on Windows 8 & 8.1 and it's working perfectly.

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-04-25

Toyota thanks as always I will try it out thanks

I am also downloading the xbox.exe now

Well that's strange there is no rss data in my XBMC addon_data folder only the rss client

With the xbox.exe I still get the rssclient error in the youtube app and also the gamertag py error I think it has something to do with my gamertag and for you tube I am at a loss here even on an empty install I get these errors

Never mind with the default profile in the xbox.exe my youtube finally works

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - User 156625 - 2014-04-26

Same here Grote - I see the same errors on the exe as well. Haven't checked if youtube is now working. So odd! BTW what option should disable the messages? I thought I had set this, but get the warnings every time I run xbmc....

Toyota - not sure if it's just another peculiarity on my system, but no matter what I set I cannot get auto login to work when opening XBMC.
- With login screen disabled it goes straight to Dashboard BUT not signed in to my profile - i.e. I cannot access Store etc.
- With login screen enabled it goes to sign-in screen first (as expected).
Perhaps we're getting our wires crossed - I was hoping for a way to be automatically logged into my profile when starting xbmc without having to go through the sign-in process.

Re. views. I have enabled all views in the skin and they generally work as excepted, but I was referring to the Xbox store (for example) where this is the only view allowed (i.e. View List doesn't do anything):

Just the addition of list view would be good - some of the app store thumbs (external sources) are pretty bad - nothing to do with your work I hasten to add!

In a previous post I mentioned changing the OSD buttons to fit in better with the other parts of the UI. I cannot for the life of me work out how, but in the music (now playing) section I got this to appear at one point:

Couldn't these be used on the OSD? they look great to me and fit in perfectly with the round sidebar (bottom bar?) icons.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

RE: [WIP] Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-04-27

@grote345 : Hmm that's weird, if you are still getting errors with the custom XBMC version that i have uploaded then there is a problem with your setup somewhere. I have tested this out on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 with and without admin rights and it works fine for all of them.

@johnb :
If you go in to skin settings and disable the option that says link xbox gamertag. That will stop XBMC from running the gamertag script on startup.

The reason the login fix wasn't working is because that was for a previous version of this skin and the way that it works has changed around now. I have included an option in the skin settings to disable the sign in buttons and now you can properly boot straight to the dashboard. I have also included power options like on the Xbox. In the power options there is instant on or power saver. The instant on will boot straight to the dashboard from sleep mode instead of a full shut down. (When you press shutdown it will go to sleep and resume from a custom startup screen) When you choose power saver it will properly shutdown and boot to the login screen. These features can be disabled for those who don't want them.

See the video below if you don't understand what i mean.

Oh yeah i forgot about including the views in the store section. I will add them in to the next update.

I'm not too sure how to activate it from a keyboard, but from an Xbox controller i just press start and it comes up.
And yeah i will include an option in the skin settings to use this OSD in the video player.

The latest update is just being uploaded now. It only includes a few new features and fixes as i am still currently working on other sections that are not finished yet.

Here is a little video showing the auto on power option :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e5ZIayiYRI&feature=youtu.be