Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-07-22

Dear abuabdillah3,

Thanks man!

1) Have you tried changing your resolution in the settings ? I have noticed when testing the skin out on some smaller screens that some things don't look right.

2) At the moment you can't pin my custom apps to the dashboard but i will look in to adding in this feature in to the next update.

3) Yeah sure, if you go in to settings - startup, then disable log in screen. This will automatically log you in but you will see a sign in button. If you want to remove the sign in button then simply tick the option to remove sign in button. (There are also 2 power options Power saver and Instant on. Power saver will enable log in screen and when you shutdown it will fully shutdown. Instant on will sign you straight in and shutting down will just put your system to sleep.)

4) It should show your most recent thing that you had open. E.g. if you were last playing a game before you closed XBMC then it will show that, if you had the games & apps window open last then it will show that. If you would like to have recent movies there instead when you startup, then in the skin settings there is an option to enable this (Quit apps on startup).

5) Yeah if you go in to skin settings, in the custom section there should be some options to have different items on the dashboard tiles such as installed games, your movies, bing etc.

6) That could be a resolution problem or could be the video size. If it's doing it with all videos then go in to video options and play around with the settings, i think mine are set to stretch, crop black bars ect. (I'm not at home at the moment but i will post my settings later)

7) The splash screen should be disabled completely, it hasn't been removed yet but will be shortly. Have you run the skin setup ? It should be disabled once this has been run.

8) Yeah sure i will add this feature in to the next update, there are also more options currently being added for different boot times, faster and easier switch between users and more.

Thanks man, and no problem!

Yeah I wish! I have looked in to loads of different social features to be added in to XBMC and it looks like facebook is going to be the easiest Smile

@senna99 : Thanks man!

RE: Xbox One Skin - abuabdillah3 - 2014-07-22

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll look into setting everything up with the tips you provided.

For the splash screen when choosing settings, I ran the full skin setup but when I click settings it shows a green background for a second with the settings icon, sort of the way immersion skin would have it, only its green here and ironically breaks the immersion ?.

Keep up the great work, I can't tell you how much I love this skin.

Update: okay I got the splash fixed.

-By the way any way to make the movie previews shown in xbox video home, ones from ur library?

-Also setting the featured column to game doesn't show anything, it links to advanced launcher but doesn't show game art. I think there's a problem with my xbox gamer tag script

-Do the games watchdogs and call of duty on the home screen store ever update and change?

-And can I keep the games video and music pins + have my favourites?

Thanks

RE: Xbox One Skin - KongoLasse - 2014-07-23

Hello there, and thank you for a really nice skin.
However i think that the PVR funcionality is not working.

I am using Gotham 13.1 on Windows 8.

If I choose not to have an alternate live tv app ( i use the DVBLink PVR Client ), the live tv window is just black.
It doesn't crash, but its just black.

If I look at all xml files in "XBMC\addons\skin.Durango720p\720p" that has something with PVR in its name, these xml files are in fact html documents.
I tried to view these files in a browser and "extract" the real xml, and re-save these files, and I got it working - a bit. ( some overlaps issues etc ).

I tried and downloaded your "portable" xbmc installation, but it had the same html xml files for PVR.

Is PVR functionality not supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong here ?

Thanks.

RE: Xbox One Skin - abuabdillah3 - 2014-07-23

By the way, it might be a good idea to change the home screen preview window pictures for all the items so for example instead of having a black window in the centre with the settings logo or movies logo, etc, it would show a preview or screenshot of the settings app, video app, etc. Sort of how it shows a preview for store items or video playing.

The items I'm referring to are in the media/demo/sna folder.

I believe this is closer to how the real ui is, no?

thanks a million.

p.s. some of the ideas in this concept are pretty nice and add more personalization and character to the ui;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gJr5YPYa3w

RE: Xbox One Skin - jjlawal - 2014-07-24

hello @toyota12303.....i really appreciate your work and it's a great one....

please help me, i experience a problem with your portable version...when i download it, all is well but when i want to open ADVANCED LAUNCHER, it says ADVANCED LAUNCHER SCRIPT FAILED.....i tryed many solutions with no sucess

*please help me solve this problem

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-07-26

@abuabdillah3:
Yeah the splash screen will either be getting completely removed or updated in the next updateso that should fix any problems with that.

Thanks man!

Nope not at the moment but i will try to include this in to the next update.

Yeah I noticed that problem on mine a few days a go, It's probably just pointing to the wrong folder. This will be fixed shortly.

At the moment they don't change but i am looking in to updating them daily using python scripts.

Nope that is not possible at the moment but I will try to include this feature in to the next update.

Thanks.

@KongoLasse : Hello and Thanks!

I have had no way of testing out the PVR feature yet and all of the PVR files haven't been modified by me yet so they are still the original ones created by Sranshaft.
I will try to fix this feature as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Yeah this feature was removed a long time ago because of resolution problems where the image would look really pixelated.
There is a new feature that has been added for windows users where it will take a screenshot of the last open window and snap it to the dashboard.
To enable this go in to the skin settings and enable new snap feature. It should be enabled by default.
To use it simply open up the charms menu and click on home. It will take a screenshot of the window and then snap it to the dashboard.

Awesome! I have recently added in some similar features in to mine such as optional backgrounds etc. And i will also be adding in more tile options such as transparency etc.
Here is a little preview:

@jjlawal :

hello jjlawal,

Thanks!
Have you tried going in to the store and uninstalling advancedlauncher and then re-installing it ?

The latest update may take a little bit longer than expected because I have recently had some hardware problems with my computer, so I have bought myself a new one and will need to transfer all of my work over first then I will continue working on the latest update.

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-07-27

Hey toyota12303 thanks for your hard work. was also wondering on one of your latest vids the main tile had metro last light was that from a game you had in your library or was that just a picture from the game store?

one other thing too can you make the store section home screen ads just cycle through movie an tv shows instead of just having game pictures that don't change?

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-07-27

one other thing could you add a feature to disable the new friends section on the homescreen ?

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-07-28

@iAMl3dgend : Yeah that was from a game that i have in my library.

Yeah sure I will add an option in the settings to have movie & tv show advertisements and once the python scripts are done then i will add options for game adverts etc.

Yeah on the latest update this will be completely removed and a new social section will be added to the dashboard, like on the Xbox One Dashboard.

Here is how the new dashboard will be looking soon:

RE: Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-07-28

looking forward to the new update great work Toyota Smile

Is everything fine again with your pc ?

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-07-29

how can i have my games show up like that on the main tile?

an for the new friends section on the homescreen can you add an option to disable it so you can just have pins,home an store?

RE: Xbox One Skin - Nataniel4 - 2014-07-31

@toyota12303

I love your work and i use it as a Xbox PC with games connected to a TV and some friends think that an Xbox ONE is connected to the tv instead the pc!

I waiting the update that you are working, it includes the cold.wmv or the Xbox One intro video as splash screen?

I tried to translate your skin to spanish but i don't understand the xbmc skins structures, i'm a HTML and JavaScript developer but some bugs appears when I translate your skin.

You must to know that if you give me a list of phrases and words I'm free to translate it to spanish for your skin!

thanks for your BIG work.

RE: Xbox One Skin - Nataniel4 - 2014-07-31

I found a bug on the Xbox shutdown dialog (on the top-right of the dialog when you select Yes or no, the image changes with a black and the dark grey) I fixed them here you can download the images.

Download: Shut fix

RE: Xbox One Skin - reyito - 2014-08-03

Please Help!!!

Just can get this to work

Using and android TV box (Minix Neo X8H), and latest gotham 13.2 beta, just can see a xbox360 contoller with the A button blinking. CanĀ“t do anything more.. What can I do?

Thanks in advance

RE: Xbox One Skin - Nataniel4 - 2014-08-03

You must to press "A" on a connected Xbox 360 controller if you don't have it, press the Enter/return key on your keyboard.

PD: remember that this skin is designed for PC's with an Xbox 360 controller recomended. I think that is not for android TV-Box.