Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: Xbox One Skin - reyito - 2014-08-03

(2014-08-03, 18:27)Nataniel4 Wrote: You must to press "A" on a connected Xbox 360 controller if you don't have it, press the Enter/return key on your keyboard.

PD: remember that this skin is designed for PC's with an Xbox 360 controller recomended. I think that is not for android TV-Box.

Thanks for your response!

Finally I,ve managed to get it working, but 1080p version shows for me in a small part of the screen. Maybe I should try the 720p version

What I really canno t do is change viewtpe...think I´ll have to investigate more

RE: Xbox One Skin - Nataniel4 - 2014-08-03

Only download the 720p version, at the moment, the 1080p version is incomplete.

RE: Xbox One Skin - chisharpe - 2014-08-05

hi im having a problem with the windows stand alone version the pictures on my pins are not showing up?

any idea why or help?

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-09

@grote345: Thanks! The update should hopefully be released soon, I've finished updating the social sections and optimizing the code. Just need to add in the new friends section to the dashboard and then I will post the update!
Yeah everything is fine now I just went out and bought myself a new one Smile

@iAMl3dgend: When you launch a game instead of just clicking it, go to the view button above the game tile and click that. You will see a little description of that game with options to play, view trailers, gameplay, walkthroughs ect. When you click play it will display the game's splash screen, launchit and add it to the dahsboard.
As for the friends section yeah I will try and add an option to disable it in the next update.

@Nataniel4 : Thanks! Hahah some of my friends think the same!
Yeah I have added options to have either the Xbox One full boot screen (With video & splash), splash screen only, or instant boot where you will return straight to the dashboard.
I will try and add language options in to this skin soon but i need to take a little look in to this a bit more as I am unsure of how to do this properly at the moment.
Thanks!

@Nataniel4 : What do you mean by the image changes with a black and the dark grey ?
Anyway I have recently changed the shutdown dialog and created a new one that uses proper buttons etc and not just images.

@reyito : On this dialog you would just press select/A or enter, I'm not sure what that would be on Android but whatever you press to select items it will probably be the same.

@reyito : Yeah there is a little bug in the 1080p version that still needs to be fixed, once i finish the latest update then i will fix the 1080p version.
To change the views you just go to skin settings - options - views - enable which views you like.
To switch views you need to go to skin settings - tweaks - enable appbar.
Then when viewing your library you just press down and a little list will pop up with available views.
All of this will be changed in the latest update because this is far too complicated at the moment.

@chisharpe : That will be XBMC not finding your thumbnails folder properly. Have you tried uninstalling your addons and re-installing them. That should make XBMC re-download the thumbnails for them. (You will also have to unpin and pin them again.)
I will also be releasing updates for the windows standalone version and the shell versions shortly.

The latest update should be released soon, many new things have recently been added i will create a big list of some of the changes once it's released.
I am just working on the new friends section on the dashboard and then I will release it!

Here is how the dashboard update will hopefully be looking soon once the friends section is added:
(This is the official Xbox One Dashboard - not created by me. I will get this skin to look as close as I can.)

And here is a little video preview of the new friends section and video sharing feature:

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-10

The latest update is almost done!!

The new friends section has been added, just need to sort out a few animations etc then I will start uploading it Smile
(Should be online tomorrow sometime)

Here is a little video preview of how it's currently looking:
(The animations still need changing on friends section)

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-08-10

nice cant wait.

RE: Xbox One Skin - henrikyo - 2014-08-10

im stupid maybe but i cant find the download link, the link in the first threat just directs me to mediafire homepage

Yeah that's because the upload wasn't finished. It's just finished uploading and links on the first post have been updated!

You will need to run through the skin setup because of all the new features but you won't need to do it again after that. (It will automatically start once installed)

I have just uploaded another update that includes the new Dashboard Preview app.

From here you can rate this skin, report problems, say what you think of it and watch helpful tutorials. This feature is not 100% there yet but it's almost done.

You can download this update from the first post.

RE: Xbox One Skin - henrikyo - 2014-08-10

really awesome skin, best i have seen in here. So nice.

Really good job toyota12303

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-11

@henrikyo : Thanks man!! Smile

I have just released another new small update that improves the dashbaord features adding fallbacks for friends icons, names etc. If you want to add your own friends from Xbox then go to friends and click on an empty tile, just type in their gamertag and it should do the rest.

I have also included a new app where you can suggest new features, report problems, take surveys and place ratings. All of these will be sent using your email account to mine so you will need to be signed in to use this feature. You can access this app from the games and app section.(Dashboard Preview app)

The download for this update has been added to the first post.
(You just extract contents to your skin folder)

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-08-11

Thanks toyota12303 new update is nice.

feature i want is to disable the friends section on the dashboard ? as i don't use it

RE: Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2014-08-12

New update downloaded and installed, looking pretty good so far. Right off the bat tho I've noticed that the section titles on the dashboard are acting kinda funky, they correct title isn't being highlighted as I scroll through the sections.

Second, I've also noticed that the dashboard pins are still not able to be navigated properly, every column remembers the last highlighted icon and as you go from left to right it just jumps up and down. No left to right scrolling consistency. Also, the dashboard adverts are still not working either. The only options that work are the default and Bing adverts. When I switch on Library or Game adverts, they just come up blank or missing entirely.

Been waiting on those last two fixes for about five or six updates now, I'm beginning to wonder if you're ever going to fix them.. Don't get me wrong, I love this skin. I won't be switching anytime soon. But as much as I love new features, I'd love to see the existing ones fixed. Pretty pleeeeease lol

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the section titles thing was a fluke, seems to have sorted itself out after restarting XBMC. Other two are still there tho! Smile

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-12

@iAMl3dgend : Thanks! I will look in to adding this feature but i am not sure if it's going to be possible because of the way that everything is positioned. I will give it a try though.

@ADHDMedia : Thanks! Yeah a lot of the problems I have completely forgot about that's why I've recently added a new feature into this skin where you can submit problems and feature requests. These all get sent to my email and this way I can keep track of everything a little easier.

I will try my best to fix all of the known bugs in the next update that should be coming out in the next few days.

In the next update i will include:

A completely re made pins feature - this will fix the scrolling bug!
Fixed dashboard adverts
Sign in screen updates - updated UI
Few updates to the views
Updated sounds - new dashboard tab sounds, sign in sounds etc.
Updated settings
Update to the appbar
New animations
Texture and label fallbacks

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-12

Thank you sir, and as always, great work Wink