Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-12

Thanks! Smile

I have finally fixed the pins feature and the dashboard adverts!!!
I have just created a new one from scratch that has each pin separate and not in a list. Now you can properly scroll left/right/up/down

The latest update should now be uploaded sometime later on today!

I just need to fix a few problems that I have found and add in a few new features and then I will upload the update.

RE: Xbox One Skin - Nataniel4 - 2014-08-12

I can't wait for it!

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-12

You're the man! Can't wait buddy. Thanks again for such a great skin.

Thanks!! Smile

All of the bugs that I could find have been fixed apart from there is 1 very small problem.
The dashboard adverts are fixed but for some reason the game adverts won't show at all. And I can't understand why, for some reason the multiimage control won't display the game fanarts, even if i manually type in where they are it still won't work. All of the other ones have been fixed though. Remember when displaying library adverts you must be signed in, if they don't show up then click your profile icon at the top of the dashboard and sign in.

The signing in/out process is a little different now, instead of clicking on the globe icon on the dashboard you now click on the profile icon. The globe icon will display notifications. (You can also still open up the power menu and click sign out but this is a little slower)

The latest update is currently uploading now and should be online in about half an hour or so.

I am also working on a new app for this skin that includes an instant messenger!
(This messenger uses only IRC at the moment.)
(The IRC feature is not completely made by me it is heavily based off the original IRC plugin)

Here's what I have working so far:

You can join a chat group between everyone that is using this skin
You can set it to use your name or gamertag
You can chat with everyone that is joined to that server
User friendly interface

I have been able to test this between 4 computers and it's currently working pretty well but there is still a lot to do.

At the moment you can only receive messages when the app is open
and there are no notifications

I will also try my best to add a friends feature or something similar, but I doubt that it's going to work.

Here is an image of how the interface is looking:
(Not 100% designed by me - found on google and edited)

Hell ya man, I'm excited! Hey did you ever figure out a way to play movies from our library via the trakt.tv adverts? Like instead of just being able to watch the trailer… play the movie from our library? This was requested awhile back but I don't even know if it's possible lol

Great work on the IM! Another quick question for ya, and this is probably unrelated to your skin but was just hoping with all of your knowledge maybe we can implement another new feature.

When I'm playing a game, and XBMC receives a notification, I can hear the sound but of course the notification is in XBMC in the background so we cant see it. You think there's any way to have the notifications on top of whatever program is running? Probably not but it would be cool.

Nope I don't think that this is possible, I have tried many different ways and I don't think that it is possible to find if the item is in your library. It is possible for it to search your library but then the trailer feature wouldn't work and if the item wasn't there then it wouldn't work at all.

I have been looking in to a feature like this for ages and done a lot of research on it but I don't think that it would be possible with XBMC.

You could make a popup inside a game using a Directx overlay but there is no way of printing the text that's on the XBMC notification so the popup would be blank. You would also need to create something to monitor XBMC activity, something to activate the popup, something to print the text and and send it to the popup and you would probably need to modify each game and attach the notification files.

Some of it may be possible but it would be very hard work.

If you ever hear of a different way that might make this work then please let me know as I would love something like this! Smile

Update has just been released!
Links on the first post have been updated.

Ya I figured it would be a difficult task, just thought I'd ask! Glad to know we're on the same page, that would be really awesome. Downloading the update now, thanks again bro!

Hey also - real quick - I get a forum browser error every time I sign in. Is this related to the skin, or something else?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, cuz the dashboard adverts still disappear when I turn on Library.

But the pins work! Thanks bro!

Yeah! I will keep looking in to different ways of doing it and hopefully someday it will be possible. There may be some way of sending a command to Steam and get that to display the notification, that would save a whole lot of work!

Yeah i think that it might be a problem with Forum Browser as I have also noticed this problem since moving to Gotham. Uninstalling Forum Browser will fix the error. I haven't tested it out recently so I will take a look in to it later on.

Hmm there working fine over here.
Have you tried signing out and back in ? Because they won't appear unless you are signed in to XBMC properly. Also make sure that you have skin widgets installed as that's what gets the information for them. (You can get it from the store)

No problem!

Gotcha, I'll make sure I'm doing it all correctly.

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-13

Hey the new UI sounds are cool - the only problem is, when scrolling left to right on a section header, on the dashboard or in video section, the normal left to right sound as well as the new swoosh type sound are playing at the same time. Know why?

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-13

Thanks and yeah it's because of the way that the new tab sounds are made, I will add an option in the settings to disable it in the next update.

The only way that you can have tab sounds is to create a hidden dialog that gets activated and closed on each tab. Then adding the dialog id in to the sounds.
In the xml there is a sound assigned to the left/right command and the window, that's why they both play at once.

I have also just found out a new way of getting gamerpics from the Xbox One Big Grin

The next update should now include around 400 new gamerpics!!

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-13

Awesome! Thanks bro. Loving all the minor UI tweaks and changes here too. Feels more refined. I love it bro, keep it coming lol [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Hey I can't choose a default subtitles script… and choosing the subtitles button in the video OSD is doing nothing. Did you happen to change something there? It was working a few versions ago.

RE: Xbox One Skin - metalizm - 2014-08-13

I've tried like 20x and Android won't let me download from mediafire. Do you have alternate download link please?

(2013-06-21, 04:47)toyota12303 Wrote: This is my Xbox One Skin based off the beautiful immersive skin created by Sranshaft.

Here is the download link (12/08/2014 @10:10pm)

The following files aren't required, they just add to the experience:

XBL Friends Script

Xbox 360 Controller Keymap

Xbox One Controller Keymap

Keyboard Keymap

Gamerpics

If you are experiencing errors with XBMC on Windows, then i have created a custom version that includes everything set up and working. You can get it from here : Download (Currently Updating)

If you like this skin and you feel that you would like to help out a little bit then you can donate here :

Donate

Here is a little video preview of the latest version: