Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-20

Far as I know the keyboard works, have you tried just hitting enter?

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-21

@lukemb : Thanks! Could you send me some information on how to make this skin compatable with XBMC3C ? Smile

@noiz13 : Nope because this is what gets this skin working. If you removed the setup then you would get loads of script errors and a lot of things would be missing or not working. You only have to run the setup once on the first time installing.

@noiz13 : Sure you can use any device supported by XBMC. On your keyboard you just navigate with normal controls. e.g. enter on keyboard or A on your controller.

The latest update should hopefully be released some time today or tomorrow.

There have been a few fixes added and some new features.

Some of the new things added are:

External hard drive notifications:
You can now have an option to get a notification when your external hard drive / removable device is ready to use. All you do is place a xml file in the root of your media and when you insert the drive in to your system XBMC will notify you when the file is accessable, meaning that the drive is ready to use.

System cleanup:
You can now cleanup your hard drive from XBMC.
All you do is click on run cleanup and this will clean up unused files/folders in your temporary directories.

Python Search engine option:
Now there is an option for my own custom search engine in the bing section.
This is really optimized and aimed for voice searching.
You can now search in sentances, for example if i said to it "XBMC i feel like watching some horror movies" Then this will go ahead and search Youtube for horror movies.

This works by the script getting a search string, python will check my word library for certain words and remove them, then it will replace the string with a new one and then search Youtube.

The word library is pretty small at the moment so it may not be completely accurate but you can easily customize it yourself by inserting words in to the txt file. These are words that will be removed from your search. Example if you added the word "watch" to the word library and then searched for watch movies, then XBMC will search for movies and remove the word "watch"

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-21

Hey another quick request… is it possible to add an option that will let us pin your custom apps from the Apps and Games screen, like your YouTube app, to the dashboard? I think I asked you this once before.

RE: Xbox One Skin - lukemb - 2014-08-21

Yes, I just spoke to Im85288 and he indicated he'd get in touch soon to help you with XBMB3C compatibility. Thanks, we have a traditionally windows-dominant crowd that is really looking forward to it!

(2014-08-21, 12:36)toyota12303 Wrote: @lukemb : Thanks! Could you send me some information on how to make this skin compatable with XBMC3C ? Smile

@noiz13 : Nope because this is what gets this skin working. If you removed the setup then you would get loads of script errors and a lot of things would be missing or not working. You only have to run the setup once on the first time installing.

@noiz13 : Sure you can use any device supported by XBMC. On your keyboard you just navigate with normal controls. e.g. enter on keyboard or A on your controller.

The latest update should hopefully be released some time today or tomorrow.

There have been a few fixes added and some new features.

Some of the new things added are:

External hard drive notifications:
You can now have an option to get a notification when your external hard drive / removable device is ready to use. All you do is place a xml file in the root of your media and when you insert the drive in to your system XBMC will notify you when the file is accessable, meaning that the drive is ready to use.

System cleanup:
You can now cleanup your hard drive from XBMC.
All you do is click on run cleanup and this will clean up unused files/folders in your temporary directories.

Python Search engine option:
Now there is an option for my own custom search engine in the bing section.
This is really optimized and aimed for voice searching.
You can now search in sentances, for example if i said to it "XBMC i feel like watching some horror movies" Then this will go ahead and search Youtube for horror movies.

This works by the script getting a search string, python will check my word library for certain words and remove them, then it will replace the string with a new one and then search Youtube.

The word library is pretty small at the moment so it may not be completely accurate but you can easily customize it yourself by inserting words in to the txt file. These are words that will be removed from your search. Example if you added the word "watch" to the word library and then searched for watch movies, then XBMC will search for movies and remove the word "watch"

Xbox One Skin - anonomys209 - 2014-08-22

(2014-08-18, 11:13)toyota12303 Wrote: @anonomys209 : If you just go in to your keyboard xml and find the I button, copy the command linked to that button. Open up your keymap xml for the 360 controller and find the button that says "FullScreen". Replace that with the command from the keyboard xml.
Sorry I can't explain it very well as I am not at home at the moment, but when I get back then I can upload a keymap with the changes made if you want.

Any chance you cld edit the keymap for me? I couldn't figure it out lol

RE: Xbox One Skin - grote345 - 2014-08-24

Toyota the new august update does not have the friends section on the home screen but the xbox one smart glass app does the friends section it self is the same !

RE: Xbox One Skin - abuabdillah3 - 2014-08-26

Great work with the skin, glad to see its coming along nicely. I plan on setting up my gaming pc/htpc with this, I've experimented with all kinds of other solutions, like using windows metro as the main hub, steam big picture, etc. But I believe this is the nicest solution.

Here are my thoughts/suggestions/questions (sorry for the long post);

1) Can I set it to auto login my user id. I tried removing login but it still doesnt log my user in automatically, and I only have 1 user.

2) the gamertag script has consistently got an error for me, it is a fresh install of xbmc with the skin installed from zip, what can I do to fix this please? I really would like to get my gamertag working, I believe it will fix the issue with not having recent activity show up properly.

3) Can you add a direct games tile on the home page that goes straight to games

4) Can the featured game activity on the home page show local content? Also can it show recently added? Immersive skin shows local content on the home page.

5) Multiple backgrounds from a folder for the home screen instead of only 1 custom image

6) Invisible pointer when mouse is moved instead of a giant hand

7) Xbox one full logo or even intro video when starting xbmc with the skin

8) PseudoTV gets an error upon xbmc load

9) When going into xbox video, the home tab should show local content I believe instead of store content that u dont have. I feel the local movies and tv shows are buried in menus.

thanks a million. keep up the fantastic work. Smile

RE: Xbox One Skin - lukemb - 2014-08-26

Toyota - I heard from Im85288 that he contacted you about XBMB3C. Let me know if you need anything. We can help however needed. Thanks.

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-08-27

@anonomys209 : Nope it's not possible as XBMC manages the favourites and you can't add them by command. I will be adding in an option in the settings to have half pins half apps like in the previous version. Half of the pins will be my custom apps and shortcuts and the other half will be your pins.

@lukemb : Alright then thanks!

@anonomys209 : Yeah sure I'll do it when I get back home

@grote345 : Yeah I know they said that the friends tab is still not finished yet so there going to include it in an update soon.

@abuabdillah3 : Thanks!! I recommend testing out my custom shell when the update's released. You can read more about it here:

1) You already can if you go to settings - startup - disable login screen and disable login button then it will automatically sign you in.

2) If you go in to settings - skin settings and disable gamertag option (I think it's called unlink gamertag or something) This will stop the script from running.
The gamertag script can sometimes return errors if your recently played games contain certain unsupported characters for example the TM sign.
Which section do you mean your achievements or the friends section ? The friends section you will manually have to go in to the friends app and add your friends gamertags. The achievements are managed by the gamertag script. In the next update i will include fallbacks so that if there are errors or if people don't add in their own friends then it will add in some random ones so that it's not blank.

3) Yeah sire I'll add an option for that in the next update.

4) Nope I don't think that it's possible to show your XBMC recent games library on the dashboard, you can with movies and TV shows but I don't think it's possible with games. I will take a look in to it though and see what I can do.

5) Yeah sure, I will include this in the next update

6) If you go in to settings - system and disable mouse input then this will disable the cursor and the pointer.

7) Yeah I was going to add this in to the last update but I was busy fixing other things and re making the pins section. I will include an option for this in the next update.

8) Could you send me a copy of your XBMC log file and I might be able to help you with the error, I don't think that this would be skin related as this skin doesn't do anything with PseudoTV.

9) Yeah sure I will add in an option for this in the next update!

Thanks!! Smile

@lukemb : Yeah I haven't really been able to get on here much recently as i've been really busy with work but I will try and take a look in to getting this skin working on XBM3C when I get back Thanks! Smile

RE: Xbox One Skin - abuabdillah3 - 2014-08-27

@toyota12303: Thank you very much for the timely and orderly reply. Its obvious you have alot of passion and devotion to your work and your fans. I cant thank you enough for your tremendous effort.

1) I tried changing the setting to disable login screen but it still requests my user.

2) None of my games have a wear tag or tm, yet they dont return in recently played, I think its perhaps because I dont have a gamertag. Do I need to loginto an email for the gamertag to work perhaps? When I leave the email info blank it still proeceeds. I can use default gamertag or one of the prewritten ones, but anything I write comes up with a script error.

3) I added a game tile using your custom tile option linking to advanced launcher along with a windows png tile I have, but for some reason the custom option doesnt specify a name so the tile is left on the home page as the only one without a name.

4) I believe you are right, unfortunately xbmc still does not have native game support built into its system.

5) Thanks, I cant wait to add my game fanart folder for auto switching backgrounds, perhaps add a timer too so the user can choose how often the background changes.

6) Thanks, I had just replaced the pointer with a blank image to keep it invisible but this'll work too. Btw, since u obviously, like me, want to keep the experience mouse free, is there a way to call the context menu in advanced launcher, neither the x button on gamepad nor c on the keyboard bring it up, only right clicking the mouse. This makes it troublesome to add games or edit them in advanced launcher.

7) Yes, the full xbox video logo would be awesome, I already replaced the xbmc logo in the program folder with a black screen to hide it on boot.

8) Its weird cause PseudoTV works on every other skin. Where can I find the log file that I need to send you? Also, any plans to make a xbox/metro skin for pseudotv?

9) Yes, I believe when going into video menu it should show the home page with local recent or popular tv shows and movies, then still goto ur content from the submenu. There's already a store tab and I think most people prefer to see the content they have.

10) Finally, I think I mentioned this before, obviously there's no way to do this with xbmc unless a script can take a screenshot, set it as the preview windows when going to the home screen. But in the real xbox one gui, when exiting a menu, the big preview window on the home page shows what page you were last in with a view of that page not just its name with an icon. This is done near flawlessly for movies, and obviously for games is not possible unless xbmc allows native support sort of like how steam big picture can overlay the menu overs the game live. But at least for menus it might be possible to put a screenshot of what they look like to show in that preview window, even if its a premade screenshot that doesnt change, it could add some depth to the homepage. just a thought

have a great day, keep up the excellent work. Smile

p.s. sometimes u need to click twice in a menu for it to register, ex: when viewing tv shows and click the "..." it stays in tv shows until u click "..." again. also, sometimes subtitles enable but dont show up in the video, u need to stop the video and replay it.

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-09-01

Hey toyota12303 something forgot to ask a while ago on this view can you make it like this or something like this add an arrow or something ? thanks.

https://i.cloudup.com/Ay6kqbZdhI-3000x3000.jpeg

RE: Xbox One Skin - abuabdillah3 - 2014-09-06

Haven't heard from you in awhile, hope all is well.

I forgot to also mention, that when looking at game info in advanced launcher, it's awesome that it shows the fanart on the homepage, perhaps a script that shows recent played games from advanced launcher on the home screen as well (aeon could do this).

Also, perhaps it should should in the main window on the home page when you run a game not just when you view its info.

Keep up the amazing work, I know you busy yourself for us, thanks Smile

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-09-09

@abuabdillah3 : No problem!

1) Have you tried disabling both settings - disable login screen and disable log in button. These are in startup options. If that fails then have you tried enabling login button and disabling login screen ? I will take a look in to this when I get home but I think it's all working fine on mine.

2) Hmmm what do you mean that you don't have a gamertag ? If you don't have a gamertag then it can't pull your recent games from it. Everything gets pulled from Xbox Live, so it the gamertag doesn't exist then it will fail. Nope signing in to your email will just allow you to send & receive emails, report logs, send feature requests, ratings etc. In the next update i will include fallbacks so that if the script fails it won't just be blank it will fall back to some images that I have placed there. I will also take a look in to the gamertag script errors and see if i can make it pop up with a more useful error message instead of just "script failed" I will try and make it report the error reason e.g. "Gamertag doesn't exist" or "couldn't grab recent game info". This will make it easier to find the problems.

3) Hmmm I'll have to take a look in to this when I get back home and I will try and fix this for the next update.

5) I've never tried that out before so I'm not 100% sure if it's possible but I will give it a go when I get back home and include this in the next update.

6) Have you tried using my keymaps that I have made ? (Can be downloaded from first post). Pressing C on the keyboard should work, or pressing the menu button on your Xbox One Controller or LB on your Xbox 360 Controller.

7) Yeah I will also include an option to disable the XBMC splash screen (The XBMC logo when opening XBMC) this will replace it with either the Xbox One Logo or the Xbox One Boot Video.

8) Hmmm I'm not sure why it's not working. If you are signed in to your email on XBMC then go to settings - development - report log. This will send a copy to me. If you are not signed in to your email then you will have to go to your XBMC appdata folder (C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata\) and copy the XBMC log file and send it to either my email ([email protected]) or a message on here.
Yeah I might do in the future, I will have to take a look in to it and see what needs doing.

9) Yeah sure I will include an option for this in the next update, that way people can have what they want there. (Their own content or advertised content) I will also try and include options for this on the dashboard as well, that way if you wanted you could have your own content advertised everywhere.

10) Yeah I have already created a application that will do all of this for you, if you go in to skin settings and enable new snap feature, then when you have a window open, open up the charms bar and click on home. The program will take a picture of the open window and show it on the dashboard. This has only been tested on Windows 7 & 8 and is not 100% finished yet. But it should all be working fine. I will also be improving this feature in the next update and will try and make the script run when closing windows, that way you won't need to open up the charms menu for it to take the screenshot, It will do it automatically. I have also been looking in to integrating game steaming in to XBMC and button scripts, It's really early in development at the moment but some time in the future you should hopefully be able to press the guide button on your Xbox Controller and the game will get minimized to XBMC and on the dashboard it will show a live stream of the open game. You could then press the Guide button again and it will go straight back to your game from where you left off. I already have some parts of this working but the live stream feature isn't there yet.

Thanks man! Smile

Yeah I have noticed this problem on mine too after switching to Gotham, I will try and fix this in the next update.

@iAMl3dgend : Yeah sure I will try and include this in the next update.

@abuabdillah3 : Yeah I'm fine thanks, just been really busy with work and haven't been able to work as much on this skin. A new update should be released in a few days though!

Hmmm I didn't think that this was possible in XBMC without writing a python script to remember your recent games. I will have to take a look in to the aeon skin and see how it's been done on there.

When launching a game from the info screen it will set the fanart on the dashboard, when launching a game from anywhere else like the pins section it's not possible as it won't be able to get the fanart for the game. I think at the moment XBMC can only get the thumb of the favourite and not the fanart, I will have to take a better look in to this when I get home though.

Thanks! Smile

Next update should hopefully be released in a few days or so, I will list all of the skin changes and updates soon!

RE: Xbox One Skin - toyota12303 - 2014-09-10

Okay so I've looked in to the Aeon skin and found that it uses a widget to display most played roms, the problem is that this only works with the roms plugin and not with advanced launcher so I have just written my own little script that will remember last played games and sort them in to a list and they will be displayed on your dashboard under recently played in the friends section. I am also working on a little script that will display length played for each game but at the moment this isn't working too well.

Another pretty cool feature that I am working on is your installed apps being displayed in the games and apps section. When it's done in the games and apps section on the left there will be different tabs like Music, Videos, Programs, Favourites, Recent Games etc. (These will be optional and there will be options to toggle each tab) Each tab will display your installed apps for that section and you can launch them straight from there. I have not found a way of displaying your full games library there yet so I've just added in recently played games.

Update is coming along pretty well and should be released in a few days.

RE: Xbox One Skin - iAMl3dgend - 2014-09-10

@ toyota12303 nice to hear its coming along well.

was also wondering when you will be working on the ps3 skin to make it into ps4?