Kodi Community Forum
Release Xbox One Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Xbox One Skin (/showthread.php?tid=167601)

RE: Xbox One Skin - blueshinex - 2015-04-19

@ADHDMedia
  • with_Home_EjectTray
  • without_Home_EjectTray

Controller.zip

Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2015-04-19

Thanks buddy. You've added different options?

Xbox One Skin - ADHDMedia - 2015-04-25

(2015-04-19, 14:33)blueshinex Wrote: @ADHDMedia
  • with_Home_EjectTray
  • without_Home_EjectTray

Controller.zip

This keymap doesn't seem to have any effect. It's behaving the same as the default keymap. I'm looking for the customized one Toyota had posted on the first pageā€¦

RE: Xbox One Skin - blueshinex - 2015-04-25

Quote:Thanks buddy. You've added different options?
changed
<button id="1">ActivateWindow(1122)</button>
<button id="4">EjectTray()</button>
<button id="5">XBMC.ActivateWindow(55)</button>

what exactly do they imagine when assigning the keymap?

RE: Xbox One Skin - haywirephoenix - 2015-05-21

Hey Toyota!

First of all I wanted to congratulate you on all the work you have put into this skin, it is literally the best xbox one
experience that I have been able to find on the web.

I've managed to get most parts running smoothly for me with a bit of tweaking and configuring starting by using the XboxOS November Edition
on your website, updating the plugins, then disabling incompatible addons (I'm using windows 8.1)

Using advanced launcher I have created booters for all of my pc games and pinned them to the home screen
along with launchers for chrome.exe and explorer.exe

explorer runs with a black desktop background, taskbar is set to small icons with auto-hide on

I am also using xbstart to allow me to use the controller as a mouse and autokeyboard to activate the windows touch keyboard when a text field is clicked.

Download

I haven't seen an update in a long time and I fear you may have moved on to those other skin projects. I would keep updating it myself if I could build skins and code in py, understanding it takes a long time and seeing how many files and extensions you have it's a bit of a maze for someone who hasn't built it from the ground up. I can write java/php/html/css/xml/actionscript so I can understand the logic in some of your source but I wouldn't know where to begin.
I really see this as something that could be huge and hardly anyone knows about it. With the new mini-itx cases getting smaller and smaller, people
are becoming more inclined to move over to pc gaming. I feel strongly against drip feed marketing and planned obsolescence and for this reason, like many others I have decided not to buy an xbox one or ps4 and dispose of yet another basically restricted pc. I believe we all have the right to have full access to the hardware and software we purchase and should be able to upgrade parts as we please and that it's wrong to let big corps bully us into submission.
The work you are doing is more important than you may realize and with some time and dedication, you could revolutionize the whole gaming industry and potentially save the planet!
If you need more motivation than that, let's set up a crowd-funding platform for you. I can build websites and would be happy to help.

A couple of features I would like to see:
  • Controller LB and RB switches tabs
  • Advanced launcher with auto directory scan/scrape/thumb/fanart generation
  • Auto login working
  • Guide button working
  • What's on and featured list customisation
  • Replace rightctrl and Y
  • web browser plugin fix
  • Windows transformation installer for XboxOS
  • User profile registration working smoothly
  • Analog stick controls
  • Real Snap

LB and RB
On the xbox, you can switch tabs by using the bumpers.
Are you able to hook in (highlight current menu item) then move (if LB move left, if RB move right)

Analog stick controls
As you probably know, enabling the analog stick in the keymap fires repeatedly and sometimes even causes a crash,
is there a way that you can set a wait(timeout) after the button has fired once?

What's on & Featured
I've currently replaced the "Xbox Video" tile with genesis app which works great
and was wondering if there was a method to input a custom url for the featured videos and get the metadata and imdb rating.
Currently it just tries to search youtube for a trailer and fails to find anything.

Windows installer
Surely we can use one of those windows installer templates to
create new windows user account
define gamertag, username
download updates from server
put everything in place and restart
Are we able to replace winlogon/win 8 start screen?

Real Snap
Could we utilize windows 8's snap? And "xbox, snap internet explorer" would be so cool.

Legal
If you have run into some legal issues is there a way to define a wildcard for the titles and logos?
%modelname% Music, %modelname% Store, %modelname% Video
Then it's up to the end user if they want to use the xbox logos and names. This could eventually be slipstreamed as a full OS!
With nvidia's grid and gamestream on the rise and linux's work on opengl, could toyota even produce his very own upgradable console?

I hope all is well and thank you for reading such a lengthy post. If you decide to really dedicate to this we can set up a support forum so people can submit tickets and bug reports taking the stress off your inbox. I understand that you may be very busy, but are you able to point us in the right direction?

We believe in you!

RE: Xbox One Skin - malar413 - 2015-05-22

Hi everybody!

I have read through the thread that the skin will receive shortly an update to make it possible to use it on Kodi. Have you some news on it?

thx !

RE: Xbox One Skin - haywirephoenix - 2015-05-22

(2015-05-22, 19:49)malar413 Wrote: Hi everybody!

I have read through the thread that the skin will receive shortly an update to make it possible to use it on Kodi. Have you some news on it?

thx !

Hey!

I managed to get it working on kodi after patching the controller.xml, extendedinfo and xbox.gamertag.py
When you get to gamertag creation, type your name or gamertag then press close, don't try to generate one.
If you still have problems and Toyota has abandoned us I will try to make an update for you

hope this helps

Smile

RE: Xbox One Skin - beachkid - 2015-05-29

I am hoping this would be just like the real xbox one lol

RE: Xbox One Skin - beachkid - 2015-06-03

does anyone know how to enable the one guide on here?

RE: Xbox One Skin - Wolfy ZA - 2015-07-30

Any chance on making this work on Openelec? Every time when I try to install the zip it says "dependencies not met."

RE: Xbox One Skin - Ludacris - 2015-08-12

Hey there. First of all: Nice skin.

Second: Are you planning to update the skin to the Windows 10 Interaface as seen at E3 (you can find a 4k shot remade by me at http://www.danielsteiner.net/img/Xbox One.png)

RE: Xbox One Skin - michel1 - 2015-08-15

[/size]thanks.before install this I have to install xbmc? yes or no? how to install this package? thanks.

RE: Xbox One Skin - michel1 - 2015-08-17

Toyota pleeeeeas answear me pleeeeeeeeeas.

RE: Xbox One Skin - senna99 - 2015-08-18

(2015-08-15, 21:45)michel1 Wrote: [/size]thanks.before install this I have to install xbmc? yes or no? how to install this package? thanks.

You must install kodi,and skin instal from kodi like a zip file.
best regards

RE: Xbox One Skin - michel1 - 2015-08-25

thanks senna I fix my problem.
I have another problem .
I cant see my pins in this skin.